26th June 2016, 01:45 PM

Job opportunities in Government sector for B.E. Civil student?

Hi,
I am doing B.E. in Civil Engineering course. I am a student of 2nd year and my interest is in Government sector. After completing my B.E. I want to get Government jobs. But I don't know what are the jobs available for me. Can you please list out the government jobs after completing B.E. in Civil Engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in government sector for Civil Engineer? List of core government companies? -- [New]
  2. What are the opportunities available in government sector after passing B.Tech Civil?
  3. Job opportunities in Government sector for EIE student?
  4. Job opportunities in Government Sector for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 3rd year student?
  5. What should I prefer between private sector and government sector jobs? What are the job opportunities in government sector for BA student?
  6. What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?
  7. Information regarding Job Opportunities for me in Government sector being a candidate having scored 56% in 10+2?
  8. Jobs opportunities for Civil engineer in private sector?
  9. Which fields are the best among Civil Engineering? Best paying job? Which sector is better between private and government sector?
  10. Job opportunities in Government sector for Accountancy Honours student?
  11. Job opportunities in Private Sector for B.Tech Civil student?
  12. Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of M.Com course?
  13. Job opportunities in Government sector for Electronics and Telecommunications Diploma student?
  14. Job opportunities in Government sector for BCA student?
  15. Job Opportunities for young Civil Engineers in Government sector through GATE score? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What are the various private and government sector jobs available for M.Sc in Zoology students?
  17. What are the opportunities in government sector for CS student?
  18. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
27th June 2016, 02:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job opportunities in Government sector for B.E. Civil student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5099 View Post
Hi,
I am doing B.E. in Civil Engineering course. I am a student of 2nd year and my interest is in Government sector. After completing my B.E. I want to get Government jobs. But I don't know what are the jobs available for me. Can you please list out the government jobs after completing B.E. in Civil Engineering?
The aspirant can find various jobs in Government sector after completing B.E in Civil Engineering. If you are interested in in government PSUs then you must clear the GATE with good score. Some of the government jobs for Civil Engineers are given below;

- IIT Bombay – Junior Engineer Estate Office
Official website - Click Here

- SCCL Polytechnic Recruitment – Civil Engineer

- NHAI – Site Engineer

- Airport Authority of India – Operations

- Mizoram Public Service Commission – Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer
27th June 2016, 04:12 PM
ant man

Yes civil engineering has a lot of scope in future. After completing civil engineering you can get job in government sector as

1. Junior Engineer
2. Site civil Engineer
3. Planning Engineer
4. Sub Inspector/Junior Engineer
5. Assistant Engineer
6. Marketing Engineer

The companies you can apply are :
1. BHEL
2. HMT
3. ECIL
4. BDL etc

You can even apply for IES exam , IAS, IPS and other civil service exams also.
27th June 2016, 06:40 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

After completing your course you are eligible to appear for various entrance examination conducted for recruitment in government jobs.

But, if you want to get the job you can start preparation for examination from now only. The entrance examination you can appear for are :-

GATE.

Junior/ Senior Engineer.

CDS.

Staff Selection Commission.

IBPS.

Railway.

So, you can appear for these entrance examination and after qualifying in entrance examination eligible for recruitment in jobs.
27th June 2016, 06:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5099 View Post
Hi,
After completion of B.Tech course, you are eligible for below given government sector jobs.

List of the government jobs:-

1)IES exam

2)IBPS and SBI entrance exam

3)Civil Service Exam

4)CDS exam

5)Staff Selection Commission Exam

6)Group D post

7)PSC exam

8)BSNL JTO exam

9)RRB jobs

10)Assistant teacher
27th June 2016, 07:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There are so many government job opportunities for candidates of Civil Engineering. In final year of bachelor's degree, you can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This examination has dual purpose, one its score is used for getting admission in IITs and NITs for admission in M.Tech and second its rank card serve for getting jobs in different PSUs.

PSUs like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL accept GATE score for shortlisting candidates for interview and group discussion for final selection of candidates. So, you can start your preparation for this exam from second year onwards so that you can crack this exam in first attempt and get job in these PSUs.

Other government jobs exams for which you can apply are Indian Engineering Services, Civil Services exam, CDS and AFCAT for defence jobs etc.
28th June 2016, 01:08 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

There are various government fields available.
Candidate must have attained at least 21 years and should not exceed 30 years.
In some sectors candidate after completing 18 years are also availavle.
Some of the government sector jovs are given as under:-
Banks
SSC
UDC
FCI
UPSC
BPSC
MPSC
JPSC
Railaways
MTS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?