26th June 2016, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Collector through UPSC exams being a B.Com(Computer Application) student?

Hi,
I am studying B.Com with Computer Application. I want to become a Collector. I know I have to give UPSC exams for this. So, can I become a Collector by UPSC exams after completing B.Com with Computer Application?

27th June 2016, 06:33 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Collector through UPSC exams being a B.Com(Computer Application) student?

Yes, you can become a Collector through UPSC exams being a B.Com. student. In order to become a collector, you have to appear and clear UPSC Civil Services Exam.

Eligibility for UPSC Civil Services Exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Edu. Qualification :Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria : 21 years to 32 years. Relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 year for PWD candidates.

Selection criteria :

*Preliminary Exam called Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
27th June 2016, 10:14 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Collector through UPSC exams being a B.Com(Computer Application) student?

Yes, candidates passed degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for UPSC Civil Services examination.

Candidates after qualifying in examination are eligible for recruitment as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc..

So, you can appear for examination and have to qualify in all the three stages of examination for final recruitment in service. The three stages of examination are Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th June 2016, 12:22 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes, you can become what you want to become but for that you must study hard. To clear the PT & Main examination of the Civil Service, you must study at least 10-12 hours a day. Below I have attached this year notification which will definitely help you. If you could not have applied this year then try next year for the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 17 views)
27th June 2016, 02:01 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am studying B.Com with Computer Application. I want to become a Collector. I know I have to give UPSC exams for this. So, can I become a Collector by UPSC exams after completing B.Com with Computer Application?

Yes, you can become a Collector through UPSC examinations after completing B.Com. The UPSC is conducting the Civil Service examination (IAS, IPS, IFS etc) examination every year. The selection consists of Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Interview.

- The minimum educational qualification required for the Civil Service Examination is a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The maximum age limit is 32 years for the general category candidates.

You have to clear the Preliminary Examination first; there are various coaching institutions available for this purpose.

Official website - Official Website
27th June 2016, 06:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to become Collector ( I.A.S ) only after B.Com in Computer Application.

To become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear as well as qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview stages and candidates have to qualify in each stage for final recruitment.

So, you need to prepare for examination as per syllabus for selection for job. The syllabus and other details for examination is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th June 2016, 06:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Collector means Indian Administrative Services Officer. The entrance examination for IAS or IPS etc is called Civil Services examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline is the minimum academic qualification required for this exam. You can apply for this examination after pursuing B.Com with Computer Application. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this exam.

>>Minimum age limit on 1st August is 21 years and upper age limit for general candidate is 32 years. Upper age is relaxed by three years and five years for OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively.

The important dates for this year exam is over. You need to wait for next year notification to apply for this exam. You will have to crack all three stages of this exam that is preliminary, mains and interview to become IAS officer.
27th June 2016, 08:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any stream graduates are eligible for UPSC Civil services exam. If you can crack the written exam and interview then surely you can become a officer in Indian Administrative Services.

It is all up to your preparation and you have to crack the exam. Your degree is just an eligibility criteria for this exam and it will not have any say in the final result.
28th June 2016, 12:05 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for UPSC Civil Services examination after B.Com with Computer Application as eligibility criteria for this examination is:

1. Minimum academic qualification required is graduation in discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of graduation can apply.

2. You must be at least 21 years of age to apply for this exam.

This exam has given below stages:

1. Preliminary exam.

2. Mains exam.

3. Interview.
28th June 2016, 12:55 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to write UPSC entrance exam having B.Com also. There is no bondage of subject selection.
Candidate having any stream are eligible to appear in UPSC exam.
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Candidate myst be a holder of graduation degree from a recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in their graduation.
Candidate age should not less than 21 years and should not exceed 42 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?