27th June 2015, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Career opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 6th semester student?

Dear Friends,
I am a student of B.Tech(Civil Engineering) and I am in 6th semester and I will complete B.Tech in next year. I am pursuing B.Tech from GBTU, Lucknow. My aggregate % is 71 without any backlog. I want to start my career in Government sectors only. Can you tell me about the career opportunities there?

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in Government Sector for B.Tech(ECE) 6th semester student who has secured 72.3% in 10th and 58% in 12th?
  2. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 6th semester female candidate?
  3. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) female student?
  4. Can I get a job after completing BCA?
  5. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  6. Job opportunities in Government sector for M.Sc(Bioinformatics) 4th semester candidate?
  7. Career opportunities in Government sector having secured 73% in M.Sc. Maths?
  8. List of career opportunities available for a M.Sc(maths) graduate with 73% marks in government sector?
  9. What are the opportunities in government sector for CS student?
  10. Job opportunities in Private Sector of India for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 8th semester student?
  11. Current opportunities in government sector for B.Tech in Engineering and Communication? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is it a barrier if having 2 backlogs in 1st semester of Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  13. Procedure to apply for Internship in Tata Motors, Jamshedpur for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 6th semester student?
  14. What should I prefer between private sector and government sector jobs? What are the job opportunities in government sector for BA student?
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Information Technology) student?
  16. Career opportunities and jobs in government sector for IT engineers?
  17. Career opportunities and jobs in government sector for IT engineers?
  18. Procedure to apply for Internship in L&T, Mysore for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 6th semester student?

29th June 2015, 06:10 PM
pjgp

Default Re: Career opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 6th semester student?

Lot of job opportunities are present for a graduate in B.tech. By qualifying in gate examination you can get job in core companies which are under government. By qualifying CDS exam you can recruit to army,navy ,airforce and technical officers.
Through IAS exam you can recruit to ias jobs.
Through RRB entrance exam you can recruit to railway jobs.
Through IBPS exam you can recruit to bank clerks and bank po's jobs.
Through SSC entrance exam you can recruit as a junior engineer.

29th June 2015, 06:49 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 6th semester student?

Following are Government Sector jobs after B.Tech Civil Engineering:

Civil Services exam

Banking Sector

Railway Jobs

GAIL

SAIL

NTPC

DRDO

ISRO

OIL INDIAN LIMITED

DEFENSE SERVICES

SSC

BHEL

BARC

BSNL

NASA

29th June 2015, 10:21 PM
mwh

You have lot of opportunities after completion of your graduation.
If you qualify in gate exam then you get job in public sector undertakings like bhel,bel,coal india,hpcl,eil,bpcl,mazagonclock,mecon,nacl,nlc,nh dc,sail,ntpc,iocl,ongc,powergrid,raitel,rites,uci etc.
Various exams are conducted for recruiting candidates to various sectors
Through CDS exam candidates are recruited to army,navy,air force,indian coast guards.
Through rrb exam-railway jobs.
Through ibps exams-bank jobs
through ssc exam-junior engineer jobs
through ias exam-ias officer.

29th June 2015, 11:04 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Yes , You have a bright future in Civil Engineering after your degree completion you can appear for government jobs like...

IES which stands for Indian Engineering Service .This exam is conducted through UPSC every year .There are some eligibility criteria for this Posts.

The candidates should be a citizen of India.
The candidates should be a graduate in engineering field i.e Mechanical , Civil , Electrical The final year students can also apply for this post.
The age limit is 21 - 30 years , There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

For more details you can visit website.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

30th June 2015, 02:09 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There are lots of career opportunities after B.Tech(Civil) in Government sectors. However to get jobs in Government sector, students will probably have to appear for UPSC examination, IAS, IPS, IES, etc.

Besides this UPSC UPSC also holds exams for recruitment of aspirants into many government departments. Candidates are also needed in Power generation firms and Gas & Oil Plants. Besides RRB also recruits many candiadets of B.Tech(Civil).

30th June 2015, 03:30 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You must prepare for the GATE Examination and you must crack the GATE Examination with a good score.
If you can do this then you will be eligible to appear for all the Interviews of the various PSU Companies.
The other Government Jobs that are available for the Civil Engineering student requires the candidate to be GATE qualified so make sure you clear the GATE Examination with good marks and then you will be eligible to appear for all the Government Jobs for the Civil Engineering Students.

30th September 2015, 11:34 PM
vinoth1921

-->GATE is the best option to write in the final year of your graduation course.
-->It offers you to pursue higher studies or jobs.
-If you get a good marks, you can pursue higher studies in IIT's/ NIT's/ good colleges in India. It is based on merit list and Community.
-If you like to go for job, then this will help you to join PSU's based on merit as a GET's. The pay scale will be in the range of 7-10 lacs p.a. CTC

-IES is the one of the exam conducted by UPSC every year for the post of Engineers for the superior posts.
-CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc to join defense.
-You can also try for Bank Exams/ Railways/ Defense/ SSC.

-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.

-->Eligibility
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.

-->Examination Process
-Preliminary Exam
-Main Written Exam
-Interview

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?