2nd August 2016, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Which optional subject is to be chosen in Mains Exam for an Engineering Candidate?

Dear Sir, Please tell me the way to choose the optional subject for Mains Examination for Engineering background candidates. For instance, Is there any Electrical Engineering subject for Electrical Engineering Candidates or he/ she can choose any other subject? Please clarify my doubt.

3rd August 2016, 11:50 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which optional subject is to be chosen in Mains Exam for an Engineering Candidate?

First of all you have not mentioned for which competitive exam, you are asking about. In India every year so many exams conducted so you need to be very specific about the exams. If you are asking about UPSC Civil Service Exam & Engineering Service Exam then you will get option of choosing subject in Electrical Engineering. I request you to provide the exact question, we do not want to give any wrong information.
3rd August 2016, 01:49 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which optional subject is to be chosen in Mains Exam for an Engineering Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, Please tell me the way to choose the optional subject for Mains Examination for Engineering background candidates. For instance, Is there any Electrical Engineering subject for Electrical Engineering Candidates or he/ she can choose any other subject? Please clarify my doubt.

There are various subjects available for Civil Services Main Examination. You can opt for any one of the subject available. Being an Electrical Engineering graduate you can choose Electrical Engineering as the optional subject in Main Examination. There are many options available; the top most pick is History. The candidate can choose any one of the given subjects Geography, Public Administration, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, Political Science and Economics (These are all top picks in Main Examination). So you check all the subjects in the list before you decide and choose the subject that you enjoy studying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?