22nd August 2016, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for technical officer in Indian railways

I have NCC quota with me then also I have to give written exam for the recruitment in Indian railways as a technical officer? I have diploma in automobile engineering with 60% marks. Am I eligible for the technical officer in Indian railways?

26th August 2016, 10:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for technical officer in Indian railways

Eligibility Criteria Required for Technical Officer in Indian Railways:

As far as my knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for the post of Technical Officer in Indian Railways. The basic educational qualification required is as follows.

For Technical Cadre:

>> Candidates must have completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with Physics and Mathematics and ITI or Diploma or Degree in
* Data Networking
* Electrician
* Computer Networking
from a recognized university

>> As you are from Diploma in Automobile Engineering stream, you are not eligible as far as my knowledge is concerned.
27th August 2016, 02:09 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility for technical officer in Indian railways

You can get job in Indian Railways through the entrance exam RRB or civil service exam which is conducted by the UPSC departments.

To apply for technical officer in Indian railways you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-

->>The applicant should be passed the bachelor degree in engineering with at least 55% marks from any recognized university.

->>your age must be below the 32 years.

->>you should Indian citizen.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?