11th September 2016, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Qualifications required to become a CBI Officer?

Sir, My self Naman Sharma from Delhi who wants to become a CBI officer so please tell me the required qualification and eligibility for CBI officer. I have passed my 12 class this year from medical stream, so please tell me the procedure. If you favour me in right way I will be very thankful to you

Thanking you
Yours sincerely
Naman sharma

11th September 2016, 04:43 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Qualifications required to become a CBI Officer?

For being a CBI officer you have to complete your graduation first. After that you have to give combined graduate level exam(CGLE). for this exam your minimum age should be 20 years. This exam is conducted by staff Selection Commission (SSC). this exam is held in two phases. Preliminary and mains. After passing in this exam you will be called for a personal interview and after that there will be a physical test. So complete your graduation with good marks because only after that you are eligible for this exam. Thank you.
11th September 2016, 05:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become a CBI Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in CGL examination. CGL examination is conducted by SSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 18-27 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you cannot appear for examination now. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
11th September 2016, 06:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become an SI in CBI the candidates have to appear and qualify in examination conducted by SSC as Combined Graduate Level examination.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university and age limit is 20-30 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for recruitment as officer in CBI. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
11th September 2016, 07:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, My self Naman Sharma from Delhi who wants to become a CBI officer so please tell me the required qualification and eligibility for CBI officer. I have passed my 12 class this year from medical stream, so please tell me the procedure. If you favour me in right way I will be very thankful to you

Thanking you
Yours sincerely
Naman sharma
After completion of graduation degree, you can join CBI. 12th standard candidates are not eligible for CBI entrance exam. CBI entrance exam is conducted by SSC CGL.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for CBI entrance exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.
11th September 2016, 07:54 PM
sarika1993

You can choose any discipline in graduation to become a CBI Officer. After completion of your bachelor's degree , You can apply for entrance exam.

CBI Officer Eligibility
- You must have Indian citizenship.
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age should be between 21 to 27 years of the examination year

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Exam Pattern

Preliminary Exam
- General Intelligence : 100 Marks (2 Hours)
- Arithmetic Ability : 100 Marks (2 Hours)

Main Exam
- General Studies : 100 Marks (3 Hours)
- English : 100 Marks (2 Hours 20 Minutes)
- Arithmetic : 200 Marks (4 Hours)
- Language : 100 Marks (2 Hours 20 Minutes)
- Communication Skill : 200 Marks (2 Hours 20 Minutes)
11th September 2016, 11:40 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear in entrance exam conducted by SSC for the post of CBI officer. You must have qualified at least graduation in any stream to be eligible for appearing in entrance exam conducted for CBI officer. Also you have to fulfill the age criteria to appear in the exam. Your age must be in between 20 years to 27 years being a general category candidate.
The basic selection process to be a CBI officer includes written test, interview and finally medical test. If you successfully passed all above three levels, then you will be a CBI officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?