31st October 2016, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MA in psychology after pursuing graduation from BA in English?

Can I pursue MA in Psychology as I have done my graduation from BA in English? if yes kindly inform me the criteria of admission and it's fees at Bangalore. Can you please give me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me on the same. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study Psychology in Graduation to become a Clinical Psychologist? Differences among Bachelor's in Psychology and Psychology Honours?
  2. How to do M.A. in psychology after graduation in B.B.A.?
  3. Can I do PG in Psychology after completing graduation in English?
  4. Can i do M.A in Psychology after pursuing B.A in Economics?
  5. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  6. Is it possible to study Masters degree in Psychology after English Honours completion?
  7. Can I do masters in psychology after completion of graduation in English honors?
  8. Second post graduation in English after MA in Psychology?
  9. List of institutes in Mumbai which offers Post graduation in Psychology?
  10. How can a English Honours graduate apply for Master degree in Psychology?
  11. Is it necessary to have Graduation in Psychology in order to opt Post Graduation in Psychology?
  12. Pursuing Ph.D in Psychology : Am I eligible to appear for M.Phil Clinical Psychology(NIMHANS) entrance test? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Best subject for masters between Psychology and English?
  14. Is there any difference between M.A. and M.Sc to study Psychology?
  15. Which Government or Private college will be better for pursuing MA Psychology in Ludhiana?
  16. What should I do after my graduation? I am doing English Honors from correspondence
  17. Which exam should I give to become a Psychologist and how much percentage is required in board exams? -- [New]
  18. Can i do Psychology after 12th with Sociology subject?
31st October 2016, 10:35 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MA in psychology after pursuing graduation from BA in English?

Yes you are eligible to pursue Master degree in Psychology after completing graduation in English.
You can select any of the subject as per choice.
Some of the subjects are as under:-
Geography
History
Political Science
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Economics
31st October 2016, 10:48 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MA in psychology after pursuing graduation from BA in English?

Yes, you can do MA in psychology after pursuing graduation from BA in English.

M.A. in Psychology is a postgraduate course in psychology of two years duration which studies human behavior and human psychology.It is concerned with thorough and comprehensive study of psychology as a discipline. Admission to this course is made through an entrance test conducted by the respective universities.

Minimum eligibility required to get admission for this course is a graduation degree in any stream from any recognized university. However, there are some reputed institutes that ask for an honors degree in psychology or has it as a subject in the graduation for admission in M.A. in Psychology.

The average tuition fee for this course ranges from Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 20,000 in Government funded colleges and around Rs. 2 lakhs as private institutes tuition fee.
1st November 2016, 01:49 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in MA(Psychology) after completion of your BA(English) course, You should have completed your graduation in Psychology and after that appear for entrance examination conducted by the prospective Institute you wish to get admission in and after clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to avail a seat in any recognized institution.
1st November 2016, 08:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I pursue MA in Psychology as I have done my graduation from BA in English? if yes kindly inform me the criteria of admission and it's fees at Bangalore. Can you please give me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me on the same. Thank you!
After completion of B.A in English, you are not eligible for M.A in psychology.

Those candidates who have completed B.A in Psychology from a recognized university are eligible for M.A degree in Psychology course.

Your age should be above 18 years.
1st November 2016, 05:03 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you can do M.A in Psychology after completion of B.A in English course. The course is eligible for the students who have completed graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university. So with graduation in English you can also study M.A in Psychology course. The course is available in the universities given below;

Amity University - Website Link

University of Delhi - Website Link

Christy University - Website Link
1st November 2016, 11:57 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you have studied the subject of Psychology in your B.A Graduation level, then only you are eligible for M.A course in the same.
Candidates those who have completed their B.A studying Psychology as a subject from a recognised University are eligible to opt for M.A degree course in the same.

Fee structure of the said course differ from College to College.
To get the exact details on the same, you need to contact to the different Colleges offering the said course.
5th February 2018, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Can i do MA Psychology after pursuing graduation in Bsc Psychology??? If yes please inform me about the job opportunities
20th February 2018, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

I did my bsc in zoology. Can i still pursue M.A psychology. Kindly let me know. I recently completed my diploma in ECSE. Kindly help. Whats the procedure and how to go about
2nd August 2019, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

I have completed BA in psychology and sociology,what's the scope for my future studies in psychology
17th June 2022, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir can you please tell me After BA which subject i choose in MA Psychology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?