4th April 2017, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for PhD? Eligibility criteria and entrance exam for it?

Hello sir, I am M.Sc Modern Physics holder and want to join Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for PhD. Tell me procedure to join it? Eligibility criteria and entrance exam for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission in Indian Institute of Astrophysics and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research?
  2. List of exams to give for doing Ph.D in Computer Science in best universities?
  3. Which are the exams to write for getting a chance of admission for Ph.D in Microbiology?
  4. Eligibility criteria and important dates for entrance test of PhD or JRF conducted by ISI?
  5. Where can I get good Jobs after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  6. Which institute is preferable, either Chennai mathematical Institute, Institute of Mathematical sciences(Chennai), Mehta research institute or Tata institute of fundamental research(Mumbai)?
  7. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  8. Admission procedure to study PhD(Entomology) in Entomology Research Institute, Chennai?
  9. Which college is better to study M.Sc Physics between Tata Institute of Fundamental Research and Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology? How to take admission?
  10. Whether Tata Medical Research Centre offers PhD in Medicine?
  11. Can I do MSc in Astrophysics after completing BSc Applied Science with computers
  12. What are options available for higher studies in mathematics and statistics?
  13. List of colleges which offer BSc Astrophysics course in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What should I do to become a astronomer?
  15. Which universities or colleges in India provide UG course in Astrophysics?
  16. What is the scope of Astrophysics field? Which post graduate course is good in this field?
  17. In which college or school we should get admission to specialize in Astrophysics?
  18. When the notification of TIFR entrance exam for admission in PhD(Biology) will be released? Procedure and eligibility to apply?
5th April 2017, 12:21 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for PhD? Eligibility criteria and entrance exam for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am M.Sc Modern Physics holder and want to join Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for PhD. Tell me procedure to join it? Eligibility criteria and entrance exam for it?

Candidates with M.Sc/M.S in Physics or equivalent of duration not less than 5 years are eligible to apply for PhD in Physics in Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR). You have to apply online for the admission or can also apply manually. The admission to the PhD will be done on the basis of a written test conducted by TIFR. The written test will be three hours duration. Candidates who pass the written test have to appear for interview. The final selection will be based on the performance of the candidate in the interview. The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) Eligibility website link is given here Click Here. The TIFR admission details are available in the website link Click Here
5th April 2017, 01:20 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for PhD? Eligibility criteria and entrance exam for it?

As you have completed M.Sc in Physics, so you are eligible to apply for PhD in Physics from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Candidates who have completed their M.Sc/B.Tech in Physics from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for the PhD in Physics from TIFR.

You have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the institute itself. You can apply for the examination by both offline and online methods. You have to pay a minimum amount of fees for the application form. Therefore, if you qualify the examination then you will be eligible to get admission for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?