24th February 2016, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of Astrophysics field? Which post graduate course is good in this field?

Hi, I have completed my graduation in physics this year. And i am looking forward to study Astrophysics in my post graduation. Kindly suggest me the post graduation course? Also tell me the scope of this field in india?

30th April 2016, 12:01 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of Astrophysics field? Which post graduate course is good in this field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed my graduation in physics this year. And i am looking forward to study Astrophysics in my post graduation. Kindly suggest me the post graduation course? Also tell me the scope of this field in india?
There is a shortage of research candidates in the field of astrophysics. So the aspirant can study the course and pursue his career in the astrophysics field. There are job opportunities in the research area and job opportunities in various government organization like ISRO, Raman Research Institute, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research etc.
The aspirant can study the M.Sc in Astrophysics. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in B.Sc in Physics from a recognised university. There will be an entrance examination for the admission to the course. The duration of the course is 2 years. The course is available in many universities in India like;

- Osmania University - Official website
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Integrated M.Sc – Official website
30th April 2016, 12:57 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the scope of Astrophysics field? Which post graduate course is good in this field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are vast opportunities in both India and abroad after completing Astrophysics course. You can make their career in Research field. You can also find job opportunity such as,

- ISRO www.isro.gov.in/,
- NASA https://www.nasa.gov/etc.

One can also make their career in Teaching profession or may pursue for Higher studies.

Yes, you can pursue for M.Sc in Astrophysics course as a Higher degree course after completing Graduation in Physics course.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must complete Graduation in Astrophysics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Those who completed their Graduation in Physics course may also eligible to apply.

- The admission to the course based on the entrance performance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?