23rd April 2014, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria and important dates for entrance test of PhD or JRF conducted by ISI?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am doing my Post Graduation degree in Anthropology (specialization in Physical Anthropology) from Panjab University. As Indian Statistical Institute is one of the few institutes offering Junior Research Fellowship in Biological Anthropology, I want to know about the eligibility criteria and important dates of entrance test for PhD or Junior Research Fellowship conducted by ISI. i want to know at what time ISI conducted these exams and what is the procedure that should be followed.
Thanks

28th April 2014, 07:47 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and important dates for entrance test of PhD or JRF conducted by ISI?

You are doing your Post Graduation degree in Physical Anthropology at Punjab University. You want to take up the entrance test for Phd or get JRF in that subject. As you know Indian Statistical Institute is one of the selected institutes which is offering Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in some of the subjects including Biological Anthropology.

So for that you need to be eligible for the entrance test and even be eligible for the fellowship so that you can avail it. As far as ISI is concerned in providing JRF your age limit must be within 28 years relaxable for SC/ST?PH/Women candidates. It conducts the entrance for Phd admissions and the students ranked in that test are awarded with Junior Research Fellowship. This fellowship helps the students to continue their studies without any break and financial hurdles are also overcome.

Important dates for the exam is around in the month of January - February and examination being held in the month of May.. During that period they notify for the test. This test is conducted by the Indian Statistical Institute. Online applications are invited from Eligible candidates. the exam is conducted in many categories.
23rd August 2014, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and important dates for entrance test of PhD or JRF conducted by ISI?

sir i have OGPA 6.3 in my UG programme in agriculture. am i eligible for JRF icar.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?