14th April 2018, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Archaeology after completing M.A. in History?

I am interested to do Ph.D in Archaeology. But I am a student of History. I am studying M.A. in History. Tell me after my M.A. I am eligible for Ph.D in Archaeology?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PhD in Archaeology after completing M.A. in History?
  2. How to do Archeology course? I have done 10th class
  3. Possibility to study PhD in Archaeology for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  4. Diploma courses related to Archaeology available to study for History postgraduate?
  5. Diploma courses related to Archaeology for MA(History) postgraduate?
  6. List of the distance universities offering Ph.D in Archaeology for M.A. in History and Heritage Management degree holder?
  7. Procedure to do PhD in South Indian History and Archaeology from Ancient History and Archaeology Department of JNU? Eligibility criteria for it?
  8. Can I get MA(Archaeology) admission in JNU after completing BA(History)?
  9. How can I become an Archeologist after pursuing B.Tech in EEE?
  10. Courses of Paleontology and Archeology in India? I am a student of 12th board exam -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Universities offering PhD in Archaeology at Karnataka?
  12. Is Archaeology Diploma course available to study for B.A.(History) final year student?
  13. Can I study Ph.D in Archaeology after completing M.Sc(Bioanalytical Sciences)?
  14. Am I eligible to do PhD in History being a M.A.(Archaeology) candidate?
  15. How can I apply to study PhD(Archaeology and History of Arts) in KOC University - Istanbul Turkey? -- [New]
  16. Should I have to pursue M.Phil to study PhD after completing M.A.(History)?
  17. How can I study Archaeology from Deccan university having completed BA in Economics?
  18. Can I pursue Archaeology after completing B.Pharmacy? Which college in Telangana provide Archaeology course and what are the fee structure?
9th May 2018, 04:33 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Archaeology after completing M.A. in History?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are eligible to pursue PhD in Archaeology course after successful completion of MA in History course. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required in order to be eligible for pursuing this course.

In order to be eligible for pursuing this course, candidates must have completed their M.A in Protohistory/ Prehistory/ Scientific Archaeology/ Anthropology/ Indology/ Bioarchaeology/ History...etc.,

According to me, the basic educational qualification required generally varies from college to college. Hence, I can say that you are eligible to pursue this course. But besides this, you must have qualified in NET Examination or concerned college's PhD Entrance Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?