3rd July 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the proper path to be followed after tenth class in order to become an IAS officer?

Hi... Now i am in tenth class .what percent is required in tenth class to become an i.a.s officer?and which subject is best to become an i.a.s officer after tenth?

3rd July 2011, 11:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the proper path to be followed after tenth class in order to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi... Now i am in tenth class .what percent is required in tenth class to become an i.a.s officer?and which subject is best to become an i.a.s officer after tenth?
dear friend,

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC.

eligibility criteria for IAS exam:-
1)graduate from any university.
2)age should be between 23-30

age relaxation is there for SC/ST/OBC

so their is no criteria for 10th and 10+2

after completion of your graduation degree you are eligible for IAS exam.
3rd July 2011, 11:26 PM
ajay kumar75

Default Re: What is the proper path to be followed after tenth class in order to become an IAS officer?

First of all you should pay attaintion in your academic syllabus, whatever the subject may be. In 12th history and eco will be for IAS point of view. Select pualic administration as one of the optional subject.
3rd July 2011, 11:41 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hello,
One can appear for an IAS examination only after passing the bachelor's degree examination.
There are three stages of this examination- Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Final Interview.
After 10th Choose any stream but keep track of the current affairs(National as well as International), Basic Mathematics, finish 12th and Bachelor's degree with good score. After Bachelor's Degree, Practice previous years' question papers, which would include general awareness, reasoning,basic history, geography, politics, general English. Try to maintain speed in solving the question papers so that they are solved within the stipulated time.
Best wishes.....
3rd July 2011, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

M.b.a question papers
4th July 2011, 07:25 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to become IAS officer you have to appear in civil service examination. this examination is conducted by UPSC. this examination have three stages.

1. Civil service Preliminary examination
2. Civil service Main examination
3. Interview

Candidates who clear the one stage will be forwarded to next stage. the eligibility criterion to appear in Civil service examination is candidate should have minimum of graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized university. candidates should have age between 21 to 30 to appear in civil service examination for general category candidates. relaxation are available for reserved candidates in upper age limit.

so after 1oth you have to take admission in 12th in any stream according to your interest. after completion of 12th standard you have to take admission in any types of graduation course. after completion of graduation you will be eligible for Civil service examination. for civil service examination any graduates from any stream are eligible. so there is no specific path that you have to follow.you may do graduation in engineering or you may do graduation from arts stream all are eligible for civil service examination.

here i am attaching the notification for civil service examination 2011. go through the notification you will get all details about the civil service examination and details about eligibility criterion. for more information regarding the examination and for recent notification visit UPSC official website http://www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 74 views)
4th July 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I WILL HAVE MUCH 2 SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL IAM A B PHARM GRADUATE.SO I KNOW MY PATH VERY WELLLLLLL
4th July 2011, 07:57 PM
digvijaygarg

Hi User
After completing your graduation you can apply for IAS exam..But in order to be serious for the exam..develop some habits today only that will be helpful to you in future
Start reading newspapers regularly...slowly and steadily develop your reading skills
In whatever field you do graduation..be master of it as IAS exam gives the flexibility to chose subjects of your own liking
Be analytical as prelims have quite a good amount of quantitative aptitude..Start preparing early
Good luck
4th July 2011, 10:00 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
for IAS exam percentage is not necessary
but mind will necessary.
Criteria for this:--

* candidate pass the graduation
* age 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation for SC/ST
3 years for OBC
* genral candidate attempt 4 times

for this you prepare well a institute..................
5th July 2011, 11:56 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S officer is a dream for most of the students. Your interest to be one is definitely commendable. The minimum qualification to appear for the IAS entrance examination is a graduation. The best option for you is to prepare well for IAS interview is humanities or commerce. This will give a good base for you to understand the need for getting in to IAS. Cracking the IAS is a tough job, but if you prepare well you can be successful.
14th February 2012, 09:08 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

hree stages of this examination- Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Final Interview.After 10th Choose any stream but keep track of the current affairs as well as International, Basic Mathematics, finish 12th and Bachelor's degree with good score.in order to be serious for the exam..develop some habits today only that will be helpful to you in futureStart reading newspapers regularly...slowly and steadily develop your reading skillsIn whatever field you do graduation be master of it as IAS exam gives the flexibility to chose subjects of your own liking
26th September 2012, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

sir please suggest best coaching centre for IAS exam prepation and required year also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?