2nd August 2010, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

What are the job opportunities in computer science field? Can I give the GATE in Mathematics stream?

good afternoon sir,↲This is arpit from dewas m.p.↲I m purs'g B.E. in comp.science branch.↲can i give gate in mathematics stream.↲&if i do so,what can be the job apportunity in this field after m.tech.↲could i earn more then it sector.↲I have great interest in mathematics

21st January 2012, 10:28 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the job opportunities in computer science field? Can I give the GATE in Mathematics stream?

hi..there is an great opportunity for the computer science engineers as far as the jobs are concerned ,most of the multinational software companies do come to the various college and recruit in large numbers so you need not worry about the job if you are an software professional .
even if your college do not have good number of companies coming for the campus recruitment's you can go for the off campus placements ,just find out in which college the various companies like the tata consultancy services limited ,infosys limited and the wipro are coming and you can apply for the interview and the written examinations of these companies through that college.
also you can join the software training institute like the NIIT and then try for an job through that institute because they have an very good placement records and even the software companies also prefer students who have an degree from the NIIT.
As far as the writing the mathematics examination in the gate is concerned ,then you should know that in the gate examination you are free to write any of the subject in which the gate examination is being conducted and hence there is no problem even in that case ,
also you are interested in writing the gate examination in mathematics which would be an easy job because as an engineer we have to take up many mathematics subjects in our course and hence a bit of preparation would be enough to get an good marks and score ion the gate examination .
the best institute to do an masters course in mathematics would be the INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCES BANGALORE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?