12th September 2011, 12:48 AM

What is the procedure to write CDS entrance exam? What is the age limit to fill the exam form?

This is my last year of m.c.a. and i want to give the exam of c.d.s. Tell me what is the procedure and what is age limit to fill this exam form.

12th September 2011, 11:42 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What is the procedure to write CDS entrance exam? What is the age limit to fill the exam form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This is my last year of m.c.a. and i want to give the exam of c.d.s. Tell me what is the procedure and what is age limit to fill this exam form.
Combined defence service examination is conducted twice in a year. This exam is conducted by the UPSC. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidates as an officer in Indian Army, Navy and Air force.

The eligibility criteria required for the Combined defence service examination is given below:

Education Qualification
For the combined defence service examination candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. For the Indian Air force and Navy candidate should have physics and Maths at 10+2.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the combined defence service examination.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-23 Years
Air Force Academy 19-23 Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

For more information on CDS examination visit at the below web site
www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2011, 12:10 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure to write CDS entrance exam? What is the age limit to fill the exam form?

CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam is conducted twice in a year.
It is conducted by UPSC for the selection of officers in Army, Navy and Air force.

The eligibility criteria is given below:
1. You have to be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university. If you are in the final year then also you are eligible to apply.
2. You should have physics and Maths at 10+2.
3. Your age limit will be as as folloes:
for Indian Military Academy 19-23 Years
for Air Force Academy 19-23 Years
for Naval Academy 19-22 Years

For more information follow the website-
www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2011, 12:26 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to write CDS entrance exam? What is the age limit to fill the exam form?

Hello friend,
The combined defense service exam is conducted for recruitment of candidates in all the major defense forces of India. For Indian Army, you must be a graduate within the age limit of 19-24 years. For Air Force, you must be a graduate and must have studied maths and physics at +2 level. The age limit for the same is within 19-23 years. For Indian Navy, you must hold a bachelors degree in science or engineering. The minimum eligible age is 19 years and the maximum age limit is 22 years for the same.

Now, to apply for the exam, you may log on to www.upsconline.nic.in.
The online application form will be available on this website after the notification is published by union public service commission.
12th September 2011, 01:08 PM
saugata2008

CDS stands for Combined Defense services Exam .The CDS exam is conducted by UPSC .Through this exam candidate can join Air force , Military ,Naval academy .
The eligibility criteria depends on the different types of academy -
1. Military academy -
Age limit = 19 to 23 years .
Qualification = At least bachelor's degree from any recognized university .

2. Naval Academy -
Age limit = 19 to 22 years .
Qualification = BE/B.tech/B.Sc from any recognized university .

3.Air Force -
Age limit = 19 to 23 years .
Qualification = BE/B.tech/B.Sc from any recognized university .

For more detalise visit -
www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you
12th September 2011, 02:25 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recruit the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

The examination is knocking the door as the notification is coming on 25th September,2011

for that keep visiting its official website www.upsc.gov.in

According to the Eligibility Criteria:

i)For IMA and OTA you must have any degree from any recognized University.

ii)For Naval Academy you should have B.Sc in Physics or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering(BE).

iii)For (AFA) you should have the degree of recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering(BE)

Age Limit:

i)For IMA:19-24 Years
ii)For OTA:19-23 Years
iii)For Naval Academy:19-22 Years
iv)For AFA :19-25 Years

The Examination Date:13.02.2012

The Last Date of Application:25.10.2011

Second Examination of 2012:

The Date of exam: 18.09.2012

The Date of Notification: 30.04.2012

TheLast date of Applications:30.05.2012

for more visit: www.upsc.gov.in

They select the students through the
i) Written Test
ii)Intelligence & Personality test
iii)Medical test.

Exam Pattern
i) Written Test

for IMA / Naval Academy / AFA
All the three papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
Elementary Mathematics
total 300 marks,each paper 100 marks.

for OTA
All the two papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
total 200 marks,each paper of 100 marks.

ii)Intelligence & Personality test :Generally here checks the Personality of the candidate,GD,group planning, physical fitness test, interview, small lectures on general issues & psychological tests. etc...

iii)Medical test.
After getting selected in interview ,the candidates are called for medical examination which is conducted by Military Hospitals.

Pre-Commission training After getting final selected the candidates are called for Training.
12th September 2011, 03:13 PM
Aninkanti

Combined defence service examination is conducted by UPSC and twice in a year.
This exam is conducted for the selection of candidates as an officer in Indian
i)Army
ii)Navy and
iii)Air force.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Education Qualification:

i)You have to passed graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. For the Indian Air force and Navy candidate should have physics and Maths at 10+2.

Age Limit:

Indian Military Academy 19-23 Years
Air Force Academy 19-23 Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

For more information on CDS examination visit at this web site:
www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck!
12th September 2011, 04:04 PM
0203chira88

Arrow Re: What is the procedure to write CDS entrance exam? What is the age limit to fill the exam form?

Quote:
at the joining date your age should be not more than 28 years .there is three papers 1. general ability 2. general science 3. current affairs
12th September 2011, 04:50 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

dear friend ,
this exam is conducted in twice CDS-I & CDS- II through upsc.
the eligibility criteria for cds exam..
The candidates after +2 can apply for this exam ,
for higher post the candidates should be a graduate or post- graduate degree holder.
the age limit - vary from post to post .
Military academy - 19 - 23 yrs.
air force- 19 - 23 ,
naval - 19 - 24 ,
there is a relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates.
here i am providing you a details of heights & weight according to age , for which you will be selected in cds exam & in physical test.....

for more details visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.......
12th September 2011, 08:48 PM
tanmayeetripathy

The competitive examination comprises: -

i) written examination

ii) interview for intelligence and personality test

1. The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:

(a) for admission to indian military academy, indian naval academy and air force academy

sl. No. Subject duration maximum marks

1 english 2 hours 100

2 general knowledge 2 hours 100

3 elementary mathematics 2 hours 100

(b) for admission to officers’ training academy

sl. No. Subject duration maximum marks

1 english 2 hours 100

2 general knowledge 2 hours 100

2. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (test booklets) of general knowledge and elementary mathematics will be set bilingually in hindi as well as english.

3. In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of weights and measures only will be set.

4. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.

5. The commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.

Age limit:-

for general candidate:-

age limits

indian military academy 19-23 years

air force academy 19-23 years

naval academy 19-22 years

officers’ training academy 19-25 years
8th February 2012, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,i completed my 10 2 from commerce stream without maths and physics and write now i m doing bbm am i eligible for giving cds exam
11th February 2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

which is the best book for cds written test?
11th February 2012, 05:14 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to:-

Indian Army Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Indian Officer's Training Academy

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years can apply for CDS.

The candidate having Physics, chemistry and Mathematics can eligible to apply for all four wings of CDS but candidate having no aforementioned subjects are only be eligible for Indian Officer's Training Academy and Army Academy of CDS.

The age limit for Four wings of CDS is different:-

For Indian Army Academy - 19 to 24 years
Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years
Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 25 years
Indian Officer's Training Academy - 19 to 23 years

For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
19th July 2012, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

respected sir
myself rahul i would like to know that, iam in b.com 1st year can i apply for cds exams. my bate of birth is 27/7/1992.
6th November 2012, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I m Priya Shedage. I m in 2nd year B.COM & I want to give CDS exam but i don't know in which month and how to give.............................means what is the process..............
15th September 2013, 01:58 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Information Regarding CDS Entrance Examination :-

CDS stands for (Combined Defense Services) (CDS) and this Entrance Examination is conducted by UPSC . This Entrance Examination generally conducted twice in a year .

This CDS Entrance Examination Conducts Examination for Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA) .

The Notification for this Entrance Examination may published in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC . So, If you're interested to apply for this Entrance Examination then you apply for by the Visiting the Official website of UPSC . For Apply for this Entrance Examination in Online Mode and there is no offline mode in this Entrance Examination .

Criteria for CDS Entrance Exam :-

Having three years graduation course in any discipline from recognized university with pass marks are eligble to apply for Army and Officer Training Academy.

Having three years graduation course with Physics and Mathematics with Pass Mark are eligible to apply for Navy and Airforce Wing.

So, based on you're graduation course Specialization you may apply for any one of the Academy you wish.

Age Limit:

-For Indian Army Wing 19 years to 24 Years
-For OTA Aacademy 19 years to 25 Years
-For Naval Academy 19 years to 22 Years
-For Airforce Academy 19 years to 23 Years

Note:- Only Unmarried Male candidates are applicable for Indian Army , Navy and Airforce Academy
15th September 2013, 11:27 PM
EFDRTG

Dear user

CDS exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year.

Eligibility for IMA:-

The candidate should be complete bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The age limits are 19 years to 24 years.
No age relaxation.

Eligibility for NA:-

The candidate should be complete Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognised university.
Percentage is not required.
The age limits are 19 years to 22 years.
No relaxation in age.

Eligibility for IAF:-

Candidate should have to complete bachelor's degree in Engineering from any recognised university.
Applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 23 years.
No upper age relaxation.

Eligibility for OTA

The applicant should be complete degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 25 years.
There is no upper age relaxation.

Selection process:

Written exam,
Personal interview,
Medical test.

Syllabus:

English,
General knowledge,
mathematics.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in
16th September 2013, 12:12 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

CDS examination is for those who want to join Indian Defence after Graduation. Also for Girls CDS exam is one of the best options to join Indian Defence.

You should be a Graduate then only you can apply for this examination. UPSC conducts this exam twice in a year.

Age Limit:

Indian Air Force Academy : 19 to 23 years

Indian Naval Academy : 19 to 22 years

Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 years

Officers' Training Academy: 19 to 25 years

Selection Procedure:

-Written Exam

-SSB

-Medical Exam

Exam Pattern:

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?