9th September 2014, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Army after entering into CA-IPCC?

HELLO ,
MY name is SHALINI KARANPURIA from UDAIPUR (RAJ.),i want to join INDIAN ARMY .I am in second year doing B.COM and also i have entered in CA -IPCC but i am really interested in joining ARMY....
IS IT POSSIBLE TO JOIN INDIAN ARMY for me?

10th September 2014, 09:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Army after entering into CA-IPCC?

Yes, its possible to join in Indian Army even after entering into CA course. To join in Indian Army, you need to appear for the CDS exam. The CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year for the candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for the CDS (Army) Exam :-

-->Educational Qualification :-
You must possess the graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

-->Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

-->Age Limit :-
The minimum age required to appear for the CDS (Army) exam is 19 years and the maximum is of 24 years.

-->Martial Status :-
You must be an Unmarried male candidate. Female candidates are not eligible to appear for the CDS (Army) exam.

Selection Procedure :-
The selection procedure will consists of two stages :-
1.Written Test
2.SSB Interview

If you qualify in both the rounds of the CDS exam, then you can join in the Indian Army. To be eligible to appear for the CDS exam, you must have completed your graduation degree from a recognised university.
11th September 2014, 01:52 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HELLO ,
MY name is SHALINI KARANPURIA from UDAIPUR (RAJ.),i want to join INDIAN ARMY .I am in second year doing B.COM and also i have entered in CA -IPCC but i am really interested in joining ARMY....
IS IT POSSIBLE TO JOIN INDIAN ARMY for me?
Yes you can join in Indian Army through the National Defense Academy (NDA) or Combined Defense Academy (CDS) which is conducted Union Public Service Commission twice in a year. Since, you have not completed B.Com course yet. So, you are not eligible for CDS entrance exam. However, you can join in Indian army through NDA exam.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam:
[LIST][*] Must have passed the 12th standard in any discipline from recognized university. [*] The applicant age should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years.[*] The applicant should be an unmarried (Male).[*] Those who are appearing in 12th standard also eligible to apply for NDA Examination.[LIST]

Official website:- www.upsc.gov.in/
11th September 2014, 11:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army after completing Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University. Any Graduates are eligible for Combined Defence Services examination which is conducted two times in a year by Union Public Service Commission. Also, remember that Girls can join Indian Army only after Graduation as an officer.

Hence, you can start preparing for CDS exam from now onwards and complete you Graduation degree on time, so that you can apply for it as early as possible. For Indian Army any stream Graduates are eligible.

Age Limit for CDS Exam:

1. Indian Air Force Academy : 19 to 23 years
2. Indian Naval Academy : 19 to 22 years
3. Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 years
4. Officers' Training Academy : 19 to 25 years

Selection is on merit basis and you need to perform excellently in the following stages:

1. Written Exam
2. SSB Interview
3. Medical Examination

For more information visit http://indianarmy.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?