14th September 2011, 04:02 PM
rathakur

Can Engineering graduates appear for NET/SET examination? Which subject should they select?

Hi,
I am an engineering Graduate in electronics & communication and currently working in the field of telecommunication for last 15 years. I want to know whether the engineering graduate can appear for the NET/SET examination? If yes, which subject I can select?

Thanking you in advance.
Rahul Thakur

16th September 2011, 12:45 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Engineering graduates appear for NET/SET examination? Which subject should they select?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathakur View Post
Hi,
I am an engineering Graduate in electronics & communication and currently working in the field of telecommunication for last 15 years. I want to know whether the engineering graduate can appear for the NET/SET examination? If yes, which subject I can select?

Thanking you in advance.
Rahul Thakur
NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and SET Stands for State Eligiblity Test.

>> But for this examination only Post Graduate candidates are eligible and you have only completed your Engineering Graduate degree course, So you are not eligible for NET/SET Examination Now, So If you are Interested to become Lecturer in Some Top Colleges/Universities then please complete your Post graduate degree course.

>> NET examination was conducted by UPSC Twice in a year, June and December. The June NET Examination was already completed and Those who are Interested may apply for december NET Examination, the Notification of December NET Was going to be declared soon in the month of September 2011.

But you have not completed your Post Graduate degree, so you are not eligible for NET/SET Examination And If you want to get More Information about NET/SET Examination, then please check the official website -

http://ugcnetonline.in

http://setexam.unipune.ac.in
16th September 2011, 12:54 PM
divyashri rajwaniya

Smile Re: Can Engineering graduates appear for NET/SET examination? Which subject should they select?

Quote:
Hi,

Thanking you in advance.
Rahul Thakur
gudmrng rahul...

well i would like to inform you that since you are a graduate, you cannot apply for national eligibility test or state eligibility test because the eligibility criteria of set and net stricTiLy defines that to be eligible to appear for this exam a student must hold a post graduation degree. So first you need too complete your pg and than you can apply for this!
i hope this info will help you!
BEST OF LUCK FOR FUTURE!
16th September 2011, 01:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Engineering graduates appear for NET/SET examination? Which subject should they select?

Dear friend,

You have completed your engineer graduation so you are not eligible for NET exam.

After graduation , you are not eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

Thanks
16th September 2011, 01:19 PM
malek basit

Dear friends...

>>> State Eligibility Test (SET) is an examination for lecturership in Universities and Institutes of Maharashtra. University Grants commission(UGC) has authorized the State Governments/State Agencies on behalf of the State Governments to conduct the State Eligibility Test(SET) for lectureship. SET is conducted by University of Pune which is the state agency appointed by Government of india.

♣ Eligibility criteria:

☺ should have a Masters degree with atleast 55% aggregate marks (50% for ST/ST/PH/VH). Candidates can only appear for SET in the subject in which they have done Masters. There is no upper age limit. Candidates in their final year or awaiting their results can also apply.

All the Best :-)
16th September 2011, 02:31 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104

Dear,

Well u hv not completed your Graduation degree yet. So dont be sad for it. UPSC conducts NET twice (i.e June and December) in every year. It ll be declared soon.
Keep update with below sites.

http://setexam.unipune.ac.in
http://ugcnetonline.in

Regards,
16th September 2011, 02:37 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To be eligible for the National Eligibility Test for lectureship or State Eligibility Test for lectureship, you must hold a masters degree in any discipline and must have scored a minimum of 55% in the masters degree examination.
As you have mentioned that you are an engineering graduate, you are not eligible to take the test unless you complete your masters degree program.
For complete information, click here.
16th September 2011, 03:25 PM
poonamchauhan45

To appear for the NET exam the Post Graduation degree is a must. But for the SET exam Graduation degree is sufficient. With the NET the candidate can become a college lecturer whereas the SET qualified candidates can only go for the school level teaching

The NET forms are currently available in main Indian Bank branches

Read: Eligibility criteria for NET/SET exam after M.Com 2011 http://educationcareer.in/eligibility-criteria-net-set-exam-after-m-com-3716.html#ixzz1Y6VAU3co
16th September 2011, 05:47 PM
hrushi614

hi friend,
NET exam is actually for lecturer jobs and P.G students will applicable for that exam.
If you are interested in lecturer jobs and intersted in write NET exam you can first complet the P.G course.

All the best
5th March 2012, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Is there any other exams which graduates can go for teaching level in schools?
5th April 2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

hi..
im doing my post graduation in structural engineering..where can i get materials for net exam..
18th May 2012, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

hi sir please tell me what is procedure to getting phd through net
22nd May 2012, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i am studying ME- control and instrumentation engineering ....i will finish my ME in may 2013...can i write the NET exam coming December? if yes means which subject can i choose?
23rd May 2012, 08:32 PM
chermalakshmi

hi,
i am studying ME- control and instrumentation engineering ....i will finish my ME in may 2013...can i write the NET exam coming December? if yes means which subject can i choose?
6th September 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi,

Thanking you in advance.
Rahul Thakur
hai friend,
now for NET Exam december 2012 B.E.,/B.Tech candidates are also eligible to apply.so refer to csirhrdg.res.in
13th September 2012, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Is NET optional for those who passed GATE exam?
13th October 2012, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I am pursuing my M.E in Instrumentation Engineering now. What subject can I choose for NET/SET exam?
13th December 2012, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I am completing my ME in mechanical engineering. I want to appear for PHD. What are the openings for the same.
Do Mechanical stream avilable for NET SET ? Or the GATE is another option ?

Regards,
Rohit
13th February 2013, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech in pharmaceutical, can sit for NET exam?
16th February 2013, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

i am doing pg in communication engg. so which subject can i select for net exam?
22nd April 2013, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

AS PER NEW CHANGES csir HAVE INCLUDED ENGINEERING AS A SUBJECT IN NET EXAM CONSIDERING B.TECH STUDENT AS EQUIVALENT... SO YOU CAN APPLY FOR NET-ENGINEERING TEST NOW....
18th September 2013, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

CAN ME/MTECH ELECTRONICS AND TELE COMM. GIVE NET EXAM, FOR WHICH SUBJECT
19th September 2013, 12:12 AM
yumnamgirish

NET stands for national eligibility test
SET stands for state eligibility test

##If you are a graduate then you are not eligible for NET.

##You must at least have a post graduation degree.

##minimum percentage for PG student is 55%.

##there is no upper age limit.
19th September 2013, 07:40 AM
falcoon007

Hi,

->>NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test

->>SET Stands for State Eligiblity Test

>> Eligibility criteria:

->> should have a Masters degree with atleast 55% aggregate marks (50% for ST/ST/PH/VH). Candidates can only appear for SET in the subject in which they have done Masters. There is no upper age limit. Candidates in their final year or awaiting their results can also apply.

You have completed your engineer graduation so you are not eligible for NET exam.

After graduation , you are not eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

>>For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree.

>>SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Thanks
19th September 2013, 08:47 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Engineering graduates can not appear for the National Eligibility Test but the post graduation can do. If you have completed only Bachelor of Technology then I am sorry you are not eligible. However if you have completed Master of Technology then you can apply for the National Eligibility Test.

National Eligibility Test is conducted for the college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. It is conducted by the University Grants Commission. At this moment only post graduates are eligible for this exam.

Bachelor degree holders are not eligible. You won't be able to apply. However if you have completed post graduation that too from college affiliated with University Grants Commission then you are not likely to face any issue.

If you have completed Master of Technology course then you can apply for the upcoming National Eligibility Test in December.

CSIR-NET Eligibility

1. You should be Indian to apply.

2. Must have completed a master degree course.

3. Or should be in final year of one.

4. Marks required are 55 percent.

5. There is 5 percent marks relaxation for SC/ST.

6. No marks relaxation is offered to OBC.

7. Final year students should submit the degree within 2 years of passing NET.

8. Your subject will be Engineering Science.

9. The age limit is 20 to 28 years.

10. There will be 3 years relaxation for OBC.

11. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

12. No upper age limit for lectureship.

The National Eligibility Test is jointly conducted by CSIR and UGC. CSIR conducts the exam is 6 Science subjects which includes Engineering Science.
19th September 2013, 10:28 AM
rojatangella

Thumbs up Re: Can Engineering graduates appear for NET/SET examination? Which subject should they select?

Quote:
Hi,

Thanking you in advance.
Rahul Thakur
Hi,

->>NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test

->>SET Stands for State Eligiblity Test

>> Eligibility criteria:

->> should have a Masters degree with atleast 55% aggregate marks (50% for ST/ST/PH/VH). Candidates can only appear for SET in the subject in which they have done Masters. There is no upper age limit. Candidates in their final year or awaiting their results can also apply.

>>For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree.

>>SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Thanks
19th September 2013, 01:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Engineering Graduates can apply for CSIR NET. So you can start preparing for CSIR NET if you want to qualify it.

You must have 55% marks in the Engineering Graduation from a recognized University. There is 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/PWD category candidates

CSIR NET is conducted for following subjects:

-Engineering Sciences

-Chemical Sciences

-Life Sciences

-Physical Sciences

You have to opt for Engineering sciences as you have done Engineering Graduation.

CSIR NET is conducted for following purpose:

-Lecturership

-Junior Research Fellowship

Hence if you qualify CSIR NET then it will have very good impact on your future as you can either join as lecturer or get JRF.

Age Limit:

For Lecturership there is no age limit.

For JRF age should be below 28 years . Relaxation is age is given to reserved category candidates.

Exam Pattern:

So be prepared for the exam if you have the above qualification.

For more information Click Here
19th February 2014, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.E Applied Electronic and I wish to write NET exam for lectureship, but I came to know, for Engineering Science, lectureship is not applicable. Can you please, give an idea..
29th April 2014, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

I am studying M.E engineering design in final year... i want to apply for net exam 2014. which subject should i select?
12th July 2014, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i have completed by PG in electronics & communication, can i apply to KSET exams. If so which subjects i must choose and which are the institutions/aided colleges which are providing recruitment through KSET. Do we get appointed immediately after passing KSET. And i got other dout does government polytechnic colleges and aided engineering colleges provides recruitment ??? if so i want the list of those institutions
4th August 2014, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I completed M.Tech( IT )2014 passedout what are the entrance exams i can write such as gate/net...

name:karthick.k

mail:[email protected]
12th August 2014, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Dear All.
After my Engineering, I have a MS Degree from BITS Pilani. Its a work integrated program and not a full time course. It cannot be considered as an part time course either because BITS provides MS degree which is equivalent to a full time degree.
Am I eligible for the NET and SET exams?
The Karnataka SET eligibility mentions : "Candidates shall appear for KSET examination in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only", what does this statement mean? Can't a Engineering post graduate student apply for the exams?
Kindly help with your answers.
22nd November 2014, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I completed my M.E (Software Engineering) 2014. Am I eligible for UGC NET. If not can I apply for CSIR NET .What are the other entrance exams can I write.

Name:shama anvar
mail:[email protected]
8th January 2015, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

How should an engineering graduate (civil engineering stream) prepare for CSIR NET exam?
2nd August 2015, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

I am studying M.E in civil engineering structure in final year... i want to apply for net exam 2015. which subject should i select?
5th October 2015, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.TECH in Environmental Engineering. I want to apply for net exam 2015. Which subject should i select?
24th January 2016, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my ME in Electronics and telecommunications. I am SET qualified. Some people says that SET is not required by engineering student. I want to know benefits of being qualified by SET exam or is it useless for me...
Plz help me if you know
[email protected]
19th February 2017, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I completed my post graduation in civil engineering . I want to know whether the civil engineering post graduate can appear for the NET/SET examination? If yes, which subject I can select?
20th September 2018, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am an engineering post Graduate in Thermal engineering and currently working in assistant professor for last 3 years. I want to know whether the engineering post graduate can appear for the NET/SET examination? If yes, which subject I can select?

Regards
Anjan
26th February 2019, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

HI, I have completed my ME(communication systems) 2018 passed out and can i apply for NET if i apply which subject i should choose for Lectureship.

could you please guide me and help me out

my mail id :[email protected]

regards,
supraja
16th September 2019, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

I've completed M.E communication system..can i be eligible for NET exam if yes which subject i can choose ..
Please to help me
24th September 2019, 01:45 PM
pushpendra-25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've completed M.E communication system..can i be eligible for NET exam if yes which subject i can choose ..
Please to help me
The UGC NET Exam is held for 84 subjects for lectureship and JRF. As per the official notification the candidates can apply for the subject of their post graduation degree and its related subjects only.

As you have completed the Master's degree in communication, you can apply for UGC NET Electronics science or UGC NET Mass communication.

Check out the UGC NET Eligibility criteria below:

Educational: You must have completed the master's degree from recognized university with more than 55% marks.

Age: The candidates must have max 30 year for the NET JRF while there is no age limit for NET lectureship.

There are some relaxation for the reserved category candidates for percentage and age criteria.

You should make sure that you fulfill all the eligibility criteria as per the UGC Norms.
31st October 2019, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

I am an Ece student now I am doing M. A eng in correspondence.. Whether I am eligible for Net exam?
14th October 2020, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

I am currently pursuing my Masters in communication engineering with ECE background.Which subject should I choose to attempt UGCNET or SET, because I find only Electronics paper and nothing related to communication engineering.
21st June 2021, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.E. in Power electronics and drives.I would like to write SLET .Which I subject I have to choose for paper 1 and 2.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?