25th August 2015, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I take for graduation to become an IAS?

I am student of non- medical...please help me in choosing the best course for graduation to become an IAS...i can also ready to take arts courses...please help me out... Can someone guide me with the complete information which I need to follow?

Thanks!

26th August 2015, 01:08 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I take for graduation to become an IAS?

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services and it is one of the most prestigious services and the recruitment in the services is through the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

The examination is among the toughest examination and conducted in the three stages and it is mandatory to qualify in all the stages for the final selection in the services. But it is essential that the candidates must select the optional paper according to its knowledge does not select by going through the rumor.

So according to my suggestion it is very good to have the knowledge and interested in selecting the optional as any subject but select the one in which you are extra ordinary. So that you can achieve good marks in it also go through the English and the General Studies as there are large number of questions from these topics.

For more information visit the www.upsc.gov.in
26th August 2015, 01:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. To become IAS officer, you must appear for the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

Let me tell you that candidates from any stream with bachelor's degree can apply for the Civil Services exam. So there is no such specific course to take in bachelor's degree to become IAS officer. A candidate can pursue bachelor's degree in any discipline.

However I would suggest to take that discipline or subject in bachelor's degree which you would like to choose as an optional subject for mains exam of Civil Services exam as it would help you in preparing for both.

So as per your wish and interest, you can pursue bachelor's degree in science or commerce or arts subject.
26th August 2015, 02:43 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
26th August 2015, 07:02 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You should opt for any graduation course that you find easy and interesting to become IAS.
Candidate who have completed graduation in any stream from any recognised university can apply for IAS exams. You should select stream that you find easy because you will get more time to prepare for Civil Service Exams.
You can opt for B.Sc course, as you will get more time for your IAS preparation.

For syllabus, please refer the attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAMINATION.pdf(34.8 KB, 15 views)
26th August 2015, 07:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any course in graduation based on your interest. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream, you can pursue your higher studies in B.E/B.Tech course. To become an IAS officer, you need to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year and the required eligibility criteria is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
26th August 2015, 07:30 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for joining "Indian Administrative Services" course is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Yes, candidates who ever successfully pass their Graduation in any discipline are eligible. Since any discipline in Graduation criteria is allowed, now it is your turn to choose the best stream in Graduation. Whichever stream you choose in Graduation, but you must be able to choose one of the below subjects in Civil Services Main Examination. Since there is a such facility, I suggest you to opt the subject which you are really interested in. Yes, as you are very interested in Arts side, you may go through it and even then you are eligible to appear in Civil Services Prelims Examination. But you are required to choose the optional subjects Physics, or Chemistry or Mathematics or what ever you desire to choose given in the below link.

Click here for More Details
26th August 2015, 10:09 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Minimum qualification to become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer is Graduation. The graduation can be in any field, not any specified field is mentioned. So, you can do graduation in any field as your wish.
After completing your graduation, to become an IAS officer, you have to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once in a year.
Selection procedure for IAS after Civil Service Exam is given below:

> Civil Service Preliminary Exam
> Civil Service Main Exam
> Personal Interview

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service Exam:

Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
Candidates pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible for the exam.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

All the best.
26th August 2015, 10:44 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

IAS i.e Indian Administrative Service Examination is conducted by UPSC Once in a year. To become an IAS Officer, you need to crack the Civil Service Examination. This exam notification will be published in the month of June or July in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment newspaper.

Any graduate candidate can apply for IAS Examination. There is no specific stream or branches to apply for this examination. Any stream candidate can apply for IAS examination. The minimum educational qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on 1st august of the year of the examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply.
26th August 2015, 11:20 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

There is no special course in graduation to become an IAS officer. The candidate who wants to become an IAS need to complete graduation from recognized University irrespective of course. To become an IAS officer, the candidate must have knowledge about current affairs. So Bachelor of arts is best course for IAS.
27th August 2015, 12:02 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue bachelor's degree in any discipline to be eligible for Civil Services examination. Select the subject in which you have interest so that you can excel in that subject at bachelor's degree as well as in mains examination of Civil Services examination.

There are many subjects in which you can do bachelor's degree:

1. Geography.

2. Political science.

3. History.

4. Science, engineering etc.

You can take that subject which you are planning to take in mains exam.
27th August 2015, 12:21 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic requirement for applying IAS examination is that the candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized institute.

So, one can opt for any of the recognized bachelor's degree course.

As, it needs a lot of preparation it is advisable to opt for any of the arts based course where you will get a lot of time to prepare for IAS examination right from the beginning of the academic year.

To crack the IAS examination one must begin their preparation from the starting of the graduation academic year and must be focused till the end of the examination.
27th August 2015, 02:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student of non- medical...please help me in choosing the best course for graduation to become an IAS...i can also ready to take arts courses...please help me out... Can someone guide me with the complete information which I need to follow?

Thanks!
You can choose B.A in History as graduation degree course to become a IAS officer.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria :-

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Attempt limit:-

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?