25th September 2011, 09:14 AM
s.kalai24

Procedure to get admission in Post Graduation in Maths from IIT?

Hi I am doing bsc in maths from barathidhasan university and I want to do post graduation in that subject in IIT so plz tell me what is the procedure to get addmision in IIT. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to do PG in Mathematics from IIT?
  2. Detailed procedure to apply for Post graduation in Physics in IIT, Madras? What is the selection process of IIT, Madras?
  3. What is the procedure to be followed to do post graduation in Chemistry in abroad after completion of B.Sc course with scholarship?
  4. Can I do post graduation in IIT with 23 score In GATE exam?
  5. Can I do Ph.D in Physics if I have opted biology in intermediate?
  6. B.Ed after having 40% graduation and 50% post graduation?
  7. B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU recognized by the IIT's? Will I be eligible for admission in Post Graduation?
  8. What is the procedure to apply for post graduation in Gynecology?
  9. What is the procedure followed for Post Graduation admission?
  10. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D after completing Post Graduation in Programming Management? List of the Universities/colleges and admission procedure?
  11. Procedure of doing post graduation course from IIT after BE?
  12. Is there any University take in candidates for B.Ed based on the post graduation course?
  13. Procedure and admission date for Post graduation in Nutrition?
  14. Procedure to apply for post graduation in Dubai(UAE)? Post graduation studies in UAE is better than India?
  15. Procedure to get admission for studying Post Graduation in UK?
  16. Admission procedure of Ph.D program in rural development in IIT? Eligibility criteria? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Post graduation courses after B.Sc maths honors? -- [New]
  18. Detailed information and procedure to get admission in Post Graduation Diploma in Financial Accounting course for B.Com graduate?
27th September 2011, 09:54 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in Post Graduation in Maths from IIT?

Dear Friend

Every year all the an Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is conducted by IITs
for admission to M.Sc. and MCA courses at the seven campuses of IITs.
(Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee)

You can apply for this entrance test and if you score well you can get admission
in IIT Bombay or other campuses as per your choice and merit rank in the entrance test.

The Syllabus for the entrance test for Maths stream is as under;

Sequences, Series and Differential Calculus: Sequences of real numbers. Convergent sequences and series, absolute and conditional convergence. Mean value theorem. Taylor's theorem. Maxima and minima of functions of a single variable. Functions of two and three variables. Partial derivatives, maxima and minima.
Integral Calculus: Integration, Fundamental theorem of calculus. Double and triple integrals, Surface areas and volumes.
Differential Equations: Ordinary differential equations of the first order of the form y'=f(x,y). Linear differential equations of second order with constant coefficients. Euler-Cauchy equation. Method of variation of parameters.
Vector Calculus: Gradient, divergence, curl and Laplacian. Green's, Stokes and Gauss theorems and their applications.
Algebra: Groups, subgroups and normal subgroups, Lagrange's Theorem for finite groups, group homomorphisms and basic concepts of quotient groups, rings, ideals, quotient rings and fields.
Linear Algebra: Systems of linear equations. Matrices, rank, determinant, inverse. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors. Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces over Real and Complex Numbers, Basis, Dimension, Linear Transformations.
Real Analysis: Open and closed sets, limit points, completeness of R, Uniform Continuity, Uniform convergence, Power series.

Visit: http://www.iitr.ac.in/jam/pages/index.html
27th September 2011, 10:08 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.kalai24 View Post
Hi I am doing bsc in maths from barathidhasan university and I want to do post graduation in that subject in IIT so plz tell me what is the procedure to get addmision in IIT
You can fulfill your dream of doing your post graduation in IIT by appearing for the IIT-JAM exam which happens every year..

You can get the college of your choice and your desired branch if you score very well in your IIT-JAM exam..

all the best..
28th September 2011, 08:20 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Procedure to get admission in Post Graduation in Maths from IIT?

Dear Friend

Every year all the an Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is conducted by IITs
for admission to M.Sc. and MCA courses at the seven campuses of IITs.
(Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee)

You can apply for this entrance test and if you score well you can get admission
in IIT Bombay or other campuses as per your choice and merit rank in the entrance test.

The Syllabus for the entrance test for Maths stream is as under;

Sequences, Series and Differential Calculus: Sequences of real numbers. Convergent sequences and series, absolute and conditional convergence. Mean value theorem. Taylor's theorem. Maxima and minima of functions of a single variable. Functions of two and three variables. Partial derivatives, maxima and minima.
Integral Calculus: Integration, Fundamental theorem of calculus. Double and triple integrals, Surface areas and volumes.
Differential Equations: Ordinary differential equations of the first order of the form y'=f(x,y). Linear differential equations of second order with constant coefficients. Euler-Cauchy equation. Method of variation of parameters.
Vector Calculus: Gradient, divergence, curl and Laplacian. Green's, Stokes and Gauss theorems and their applications.
Algebra: Groups, subgroups and normal subgroups, Lagrange's Theorem for finite groups, group homomorphisms and basic concepts of quotient groups, rings, ideals, quotient rings and fields.
Linear Algebra: Systems of linear equations. Matrices, rank, determinant, inverse. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors. Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces over Real and Complex Numbers, Basis, Dimension, Linear Transformations.
Real Analysis: Open and closed sets, limit points, completeness of R, Uniform Continuity, Uniform convergence, Power series.

Visit: http://www.iitr.ac.in/jam/pages/index.html

~manoj~
16th October 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

what are the different courses in mathematics offered by iit???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?