21st September 2010, 02:29 PM
p_sss28

How to get a job of as Lecturer in a senior college on the basis of my engineering degree?

hi sir

myself prashant, i have completed mygraduation in engineering filed,now i m intersting to join lecturer ship in seniour college,seniour college means B.SC college, i know i have achance in engineering college .but can i have chance in seniour collge too? if yes then whats qualification is required for that?

me mail me for same

17th May 2011, 11:45 PM
navyanaidu570

Default Re: How to get a job of as Lecturer in a senior college on the basis of my engineering degree?

YES! you can definitely get a lecturer post in senior college based on the following criteria:
1.Your academic performance in B.E
2.You can give a demo in a college where your intrest lies in the subject in which you have completed your B.E,Ex:you can take up biotechnology for B.Sc(biotechnology,chemistry,botany optionals or biotechnology,chemistry,zoology optionals) if you have completed B.E(biotechnology) similarly you can take up electronics for B.Sc(physics,electronics,maths optionals or computer science,electronics,maths optionals) if you have completed B.E(EEE),similarly in case of CS & so on.
3.Even if your academic performance is average, see that you have the 'Gift of the gab'(i.e communicative skills),proper outlook & quiet creative in your approach.At the same time have confidence.
4.Do check that you are sound enough in your concepts.
17th May 2011, 11:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job of as Lecturer in a senior college on the basis of my engineering degree?

yess , you have chance in senior colleges but in engineering you have less chance lecturer.
because UGC and AICTE have a rule only m-tech student are applicable as a lecturer.
in the case of senior college you can join contract basis not permanently .
18th May 2011, 12:08 PM
Neenubaby
Member+

Hi Prashant,

If you want to become a Lecturer in College, you should pass NET examination.

If you want to write NET examination, you should have Post graduation.

So you concentrate in your higher studies.

Best of luck.
18th May 2011, 01:54 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

To become a lecturer you will have to qualify ugc net exam .To appear in ugc net for lectureship first you will have to complete post graduation after that
you can apply for net exam.if you qualify net exam then you can become
a good lecturer in senior colleges.
UGC conducts NET exam twice a year, in the months of June and December. The notifications announcing the June and December examinations are published in the months of March and September.

There is no upper age limit for ugc net exam.you can apply till selection.
18th May 2011, 04:26 PM
TKF123

Smile Re: How to get a job of as Lecturer in a senior college on the basis of my engineering degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_sss28 View Post
hi sir

myself prashant, i have completed mygraduation in engineering filed,now i m intersting to join lecturer ship in seniour college,seniour college means B.SC college, i know i have achance in engineering college .but can i have chance in seniour collge too? if yes then whats qualification is required for that?

me mail me for same
18th May 2011, 05:41 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
A degree in engineering doesn't makes you eligible for lectureship in senior colleges/universities.
To be eligible, first of all, you need to complete your masters and secure a minimum of 55% marks.
After that, you will have to write national eligibility test-NET or state eligibility test for lectureship-SLET conducted by University grant commission-UGC.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category are eligible for the test with a minimum of 50% marks in their masters degree program.
Candidates who qualifies the NET are eligible for appointment to the post of lecturer in universities/colleges anywhere in India , whereas, candidates qualifying SLET are appointed as lecturer as lecturer in universities/colleges in a particular state.
For further information, you may refer to the official website of UGC.
18th May 2011, 06:16 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

To get a chance for the seniour college you must be at least m.tech & have at least 5 year teaching experience in some private college.
30th August 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Myself Alka,Iam a BCA degree holder .I have an interest to be a lecturer in college.
Is it possible for me to be a lecturer??????? What else should i do to fullfill my dream?
19th November 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Is M.E qualification enough for the post of lecturer in engineering college or further qualification is required?
10th December 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,
I have an MS degree from BITS Pilani with 75% score and BTech with 77% score. Since BITS pilani is deemed university, will this be accepted for the UGC/ NET exam critirea ? I m looking forward to lecture job. I have 10 years experience in IT industry.

RR
10th December 2011, 10:58 AM
renji2011

Hi sir,
I have BTech from kerala university and MS from BITS Pilani (77%). Since BITS is deemed university, will it qualify the criteria for the NET exam by the govt. ?

Renjith
4th May 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
My self Merlin... I'm doing M.sc Computer science final year.. Can I apply for NET?
16th May 2012, 12:39 AM
Radhakrishna143

hi sir myself prashant, i have completed mygraduation
in engineering filed,now i m intersting to join
lecturer ship in seniour college,seniour college
means B.SC college, i know i have achance in
engineering college .but can i have chance in
seniour collge too? if yes then whats qualification is required for that? me mail me for same
6th September 2012, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

hi,
its me saranya now am completed my graduation (B.E(cse)) and now am interested in lecture job is this graduation degree is eligible for lecture job and the now am doing M.B.A in HR as a correspondence course here after what can i do for getting lecture job
3rd November 2012, 07:33 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

For the job of college lecturer/ Professor, you must have to clear NET.

NET i.e. National Eligibility Test is conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC)

This test is conducted by the UGC twice a year usually in the months of June and December.

Eligibility criteria to become Lecturer-

1. Degree in post-graduation in the respective subject with a minimum of 55% for general and 50% for SC/ST.

2. There is no upper age limit.
4th November 2012, 09:47 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want job in private colleges then there is a scope for B.Sc. However each college has its own criteria to select lecturer. You may have to give interview and demo before you will be selected for the lecturer. Your Engineering stream would decide the subject for which you can become lecturer. For example if you have completed B.Tech in CSE then can be hired for a subject in B.Sc in CSE.

As far as Engineering colleges are concerned, i am afraid there isn't much scope for you. Most Engineering colleges prefer M.Tech candidates not B.Tech. Even the ones that would accept B.Tech graduates are not reputed colleges.

The best option for you according to me is National Eligibility Test. However to appear for that you will have to complete post graduation. After that you will get lecturer job in some government college.

NET Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

Education

1. Post graduation degree in any stream from a UGC recognized college.

2. Minimum of 55 percent marks.

3. There is 5 percent relaxation for SC/ST.

4. Final year students may also apply.

Age Limit

1. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

Upper Age Limit Relaxation

1. For OBC - 3 years.

2. For SC/ST - 5 years.

There is no age limit for College Lectureship.
10th February 2013, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

How to get a job as a lecturer in junior degree college?
11th February 2013, 09:41 AM
Beawar

Dear..

Based on the B. tech degree that you have, You are not at all eligible for teaching in any of the reputed college or in any of the senior college. Lecturer in any senior college means the candidate must have a M.tech degree or P.hD degree and after that NET qualification is also necessary so based on your marks you are now not eligible to teach in any of the college.

If you really that much interested then i advice you to first of all complete your master degree and after that and after that go for Net exam and then only you will be eligible for the exam.

NET Eligibility is as follows :-

1. Candidate must be an Indian citizen
2. Candidate from any stream are eligible
3. You must have a post graduate degree
4 Minimum percentage required is 55%
5. Relaxation is available to reserved category
6. Age limit is 28 years or less

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
11th February 2013, 06:28 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

yess , you have chance in senior colleges but in engineering you have less chance lecturer.
because UGC and AICTE have a rule only m-tech student are applicable as a lecturer.
in the case of senior college you can join contract basis not permanently .
1st April 2013, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i m doing my M-tech (IT) first year..
I want to apply for the post of lecturer in goverment engineering colleges aftr completing M-tech , so how to apply for govt. College..?
And what is criteria to apply for the post..?
Or have to complete NET exam..?
Plz help me...
28th December 2013, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

my self sangeetha completed M.E(digital electronics and communicatio engineering).which exam i want to attend and when the exam s done
6th June 2014, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I have done my engineering in CSE, then have a work experience of 4 years. After that I completed my MBA and have 3 years of consulting experience.
I now want to work as a lecturer in a MBA/Engineering college, depending on if I meet the eligibility criteria for the respective colleges.
Please could someone help me on this.
28th July 2014, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Will B.tech, mechanical engineering plus 7 years of industrial experience give a chance for teaching in any Govt. Engineering college?
1st February 2015, 07:09 AM
Unregistered

Hello respected sir
Sir i have completed my BE in electronics in 2006.now i want to do lecturer ship in polytechnic colleges.so can i get job in pune
9th June 2017, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BE in Electronics and telecommunications. Can I eligible for lecturer in junior collage for electronic technology subject?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?