3rd December 2011, 10:22 PM
tanu shrivastav

What is PSU exam? Eligibility criteria for it? Can a computer science engineering graduate appear for it? What is the syllabus?

what is PSU exam?what are its eligibility?can a computer science engineering graduate appear for this exam?what will be the syllabus for it?which kind of job one can get through this exam?how does it differ from ies?

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus and eligibility criteria for Computer Science engineers in PSU?
  2. Eligibility criteria for PSU exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the eligibility criteria for PSU? I have completed B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  4. What is PSU exam? Can a Chemical Engineering student write the exam? Eligibility criteria for the exam?
  5. What is the criteria to get a job in PSU? I am a science graduate having 50% marks
  6. Syllabus for PSU computer science exam?
  7. Eligibility criteria to appear for PSU exam?
  8. Syllabus of MPSC for lecturer in computer science and engineering? What is the criteria and eligibility?
  9. Syllabus of PSU exam in Computer Engineering? List of the topics?
  10. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of PhD(Computer Science) entrance exam conducted by Osmania University?
  11. Am I eligible for PSU through GATE with 59% marks in B.Sc? -- [New]
  12. Names of the various PSU's offering computer science engineering?
  13. List of various PSU's in India? Date of PSU exam and their eligibility criteria? Is B.Tech Civil Engineering student eligible?
  14. What is the syllabus for DRDO-CETPAM for computer science and the eligibility criteria for this exam?
  15. Are computer science students eligible for IES exam? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?
  16. Can I apply for PSU exam after passing B.Tech computer science? What are the opportunities in PSU?
  17. How may I get government jobs in computer science and engineering? What's the eligibility criteria and applying procedure for the same?
  18. Is m.e computer science and engineering good?
15th February 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is PSU exam? Eligibility criteria for it? Can a computer science engineering graduate appear for it? What is the syllabus?

full form of psu and in which field will we go
10th September 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is PSU exam? Eligibility criteria for it? Can a computer science engineering graduate appear for it? What is the syllabus?

can b.sc b.tech(3 year course) students appear at PSU examination?
24th September 2012, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

wht is psu..........????????pehale iska full form to bate de yar..........
25th September 2012, 02:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertakings. They basically are the companies in which government of India is the major stakeholder. These companies conducts exam to recruit engineers every year. This exam is called PSU Exam.

As a Computer Science Engineer, you can apply for the PSU exam for the job. The job would be related to computer science engineering. The details regarding the exam are published in the leading newspapers and employment dailies. The details are also available on the official websites of PSUs and several other websites.

Please remember that there are more than 100 Public Sector Undertakings in India. Each PSU conducts the entrance exam separately. In the job notification which each company publishes, you can check the exam and admission form dates at the same time you can check whether there are any vacancies for the branch in which you have completed B.Tech. In case there aren't any vacancy then you can not apply for the exam.

To answer your another question. It is different from Indian Engineering Service because in IES you would be working for various government departments while PSU exam is strictly limited to Public sector companies. Besides, Computer Science Engineering is not eligible to appear for the Indian Engineering Service (IES), therefore PSU is the only option for you.

Eligibility

1. You must be Indian citizen.

2. A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

3. At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

4. There is relaxation in percentage for SC/ST.

5. There should be no pending backlogs.

6. The age limit is 21 to 30 years for PSU Exam.

7. For OBC age limit is 21 to 33 years.

8. SC/ST - 21 to 35 years.

Exam Pattern

1) Written Test

2) Interview

Please note that some companies do not conduct entrance exam instead ask for GATE score of the candidate, therefore it is necessary to appear for GATE entrance exam.

Syllabus for CSE

MICROPROCESSOR & MICROCONTROLLER

LANGUAGE PROCESSOR

THEORY OF COMPUTATION

DATA BASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

COMPUTER ORGANIZATION

OPERATING SYSTEM

COMPUTER HARDWARE

COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING

BASIC MATHEMATICS

PROGRAMMING AND DATA STRUCTURE

Please remember that the syllabus could vary from PSU to PSU.
18th November 2012, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

how about Phd in mathematics?
Am i elligible for this
30th November 2012, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Can a mech. engg student apply for the pus exam?If yes,what is the syllabi for it?
1st April 2013, 05:37 AM
Unregistered

i completed BE(EEE) in a deemed university. everybody saying its not valuable for PSU exam. is it correct? then what shall i do?
15th June 2013, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

What are the syllabus for EEE????
22nd August 2013, 03:54 AM
Unregistered

can a construction technology management student apply for IES exam as its a substitute branch of civil engineering?
22nd August 2013, 07:51 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanu shrivastav View Post
what is PSU exam?what are its eligibility?can a computer science engineering graduate appear for this exam?what will be the syllabus for it?which kind of job one can get through this exam?how does it differ from ies?

Public Sector Undertaking exam is given for getting jobs in Indian Government sector organizations for engineering related works.Through this exam government organizations recruits technical employees for various engineering stream.Through this exam candidates will also be able to get jobs in Maharatnas and Navratnas Companies.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for PSU Exam's :
  • Candidates should have an Engineering degree in engineering related streams/Post Graduation degree in Computer Application/Information Technology from a recognized university.
  • Candidates Engineering/Post Graduation technical degree should be approved from AICTE.
  • Candidates minimum age should be 21 years and should not be above 32 years.
  • ST and ST category can apply till 35 years and OBC candidates can apply till 33 years.Physically challenged candidates can apply till 40 years.
PSU Written exam will include questions from two sections.These sections will be :-
  1. General Section .
  2. Technical Section .
General Sections will include questions from :-
  • Numerical ability.
  • Verbal ability.
  • Reading Comprehension.
  • Analytical ability.
  • General Awareness.
Technical Section will include questions(For Computer Science/Information Technology) from :-
  • Operating System.
  • Computer Architecture.
  • Algorithm.
  • Data Structure.
  • Discrete Mathematics and Statistics.
  • Operation Research.
  • Numerical and Statistical Methods.
  • Computer Networking and Communication.
  • Web technologies.
  • Database Management.
  • Fuzzy Logic,Automata Theory and Artificial Intelligence.

7th October 2013, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

can b-tech 4th year student give the psu exam..???//
30th January 2014, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

what score should we get to qualify psu and can we directly join in to the job or we need to further study after qualifying psu...??????
26th June 2014, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

What is the course structure for ece branch and recommend the books for the preparation ?
3rd May 2018, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation in Journalism and Post graduation in Journalism and mass communication. I have also cleared UGC Net.cam i apply in PSU Job?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?