13th January 2011, 02:11 PM
Muankim Vaiphei

Eligibility criteria for M.A (Mass Communication) in good colleges and universities?

I am a student of economics getting graduate this year n want to pursue a career in mass communication can you please guide me through this in terms of all the criteria involved therein and also its goals thereafter?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it compulsory to do graduation in mass communication to be eligible for applying masers in mass communication?
  2. Can I get admission for Ph.D Mass Communication? Minimum eligibility criteria to apply?
  3. Which St. Xaviers college branches have Mass communication course?
  4. List of best Mass Communication universities of North-East to study masters in Mass Communication? -- [New]
  5. Which colleges under Delhi University offer Mass communication course? Which are the entrance exams for Mass communication course?
  6. List of undergraduate courses available in Mass Communication in Delhi, Ranchi, Kolkata and Banaras Universities?
  7. Is it beneficial to study B.Com with Mass Communication if secured 81% in 12th?
  8. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  9. Eligibility criteria and fee structure of diploma course in Mass Communication from IGNOU?
  10. Is it possible to do course in Mass communication after 12th Commerce?
  11. Eligibility to get admission, procedure to apply and course duration of Diploma in Mass Communication?
  12. List of colleges or universities for doing M.Phil in Mass Communication?
  13. Which are the good colleges after mass communication?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission for masters in mass communication?
  15. Good colleges offering Bachelors degree in Journalism and Mass Communication in India?
  16. Universities giving Doctorate in Mass Communication? Criteria, procedure and dates for the same?
  17. Can i make career in Mass Communication after studying 12th with humanities?
  18. Will feb MAT help for the admission of master in mass communication?
19th January 2011, 10:37 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for M.A (Mass Communication) in good colleges and universities?

If You Have Passed In Your Bacholar Degree in any stream of education-arts, commerce and science with Minimum 50% Marks, Then You are Eligible To Appear in M.A Mass Communication Entrance Exams.

But, In Manny Top Colleges want Minimum 60 to 65% Marks In Your Bacholar Degree.

But Admission In These Colleges are Based On Merit List. After appearing In the Entrance Exams, They will Short listed Some Candidates According to their Marks.

So, If You are Interested To get Admission In M.A Mass Communication, then You have to appear in Top Colleges Entrance Exams, And after Passing the exams, You Will Get Chance To Admission In Top Colleges.

So, the Eligiblity Creteria Are Not Same For All the Colleges, It will Be different For Different University. These are some Good Colleges of Mass Communication Courses, And After clear the Entrance exams, GD And Interview, You will get admission In These Given Colleges -

A.J Kidwai Mass Communication Research Centre

Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media

Mudra Institute of Communications

Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication
4th February 2011, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for M.A (Mass Communication) in good colleges and universities?

which good colleges are included in the 60% - 65% criteria? is JNU one of those colleges?
7th February 2011, 07:30 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

You should have at least 60% marks in your graduation to get admitted in the renowned Mass Communication colleges.

But in some universities or colleges you need to give their own conducted entrance exams and according to the rank you can apply there.

All the best!!
11th April 2011, 04:01 AM
Unregistered

I am completing my degree in IT engineepring so will i be able to complete p.g. In mass communications?
26th April 2011, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

At present, I am pursuing B.A. (Hons.) English from the University of Delhi and my score is in second division. Is it that I cannot apply in the top ten colleges in India for Mass and Communication?
26th April 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

can mass communication be undertaken by a student graduated in english honours?
27th April 2011, 01:15 PM
panju123

Hi,
Mass communication may be undertaken by any student in any field provided he/she has a flair for language and creativity. Ofcourse a bachelor's in English, Mass Media, History, Pol SC will help. You may ask from the specific institutes as well such as (www.dsc.edu.in) and others where you wish to apply.

As far as percentage is concerned. A lot of institutes require a cut off such as XIC and IIMC. But there are others who may not require it as long as you can succeed in thier interview and written test. Check out their websites for more (www.dsc.edu.in)
1st May 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

i have done bachelors in commerce and presently doing post graduate diploma in mass communication from MCM DAV CLG, CHD. And now i want to do masters in mass communication from PU CHD. So, i want to know that what is the eligibility criteria for Addmission?
5th May 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

to pursue my carrer in mass commn. What shall i do after 12th boards..
8th May 2011, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

hey i m dng final yr in bsci home sci.specily in developmnt communicatun i wanna to do masters.so vch test i have to gve nd how
30th May 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, with due the regard plz tell me the about m.a. mass communication detail in my contect no. 9045908253
5th June 2011, 01:35 AM
anzelseye

For studying Masters of Mass Communications, candidates should have graduation in Mass Communication. The percentage of marks required varies based on the institutes. There are some colleges that has set an age limit. Some colleges carry out entrance test for getting admission into M.M.C there are few institutes provide the course to graduates in any stream from a reputed institute. The aspirants can study the M.M.C program through distance education also.
5th June 2011, 02:41 PM
sigyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, with due the regard plz tell me the about m.a. mass communication detail in my contect no. 9045908253
St. Aloysius College in Mangalore, Karnataka offers Master of Communication and Media Studies (MCMS). Eligibility is 50% pass in any graduate stream. Classes begin late July. Admissions open for 2011 batch.

For more details on course, infrastructure etc visit http://staloysiuscomm.wordpress.com/
6th June 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

hey,dis is anubhuti jain from Delhi...I wants to do Mass communication from Mumbai.Can you please tell me abt the institutions dr...I m doing BSc.maths(H) frm D.U...this iss my last year and my percentage is around 46%...please tell me where i can gt oppurtunity to do masters in M.C..... reply n my email id... [email protected]
13th June 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

m pursuing B.A(H) English from delhi university and my aggregate percentage is near abt 46%....am i eligible to apply for M.A. in Mass Comm....for any govt or private college , if i can apply then in which streams i should? plz reply!
14th June 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Im just complete the final year exam in graduation level. My subject is Journalism and Mass Communication from Calcutta University.I need to do M.A. in Mass Communication. Also any special courses in PR or in Advertising.
1st July 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my bca marks of 65% i want to do ma mass communication what is the requirement of this degree.
Or
please suggest what can i do after bca that have banificial for me.
18th July 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

which is better pg course after bcom. ?is it mass communication or m.com?
28th July 2011, 07:11 PM
anzelseye

After B.com you can go for traditional course like M.com and professional course such as MBA . there is more open and welcome opportunity for your career. But if u really want to do M.A. in mass comm. than insure the eligibility.
10th August 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

I have competed my graduation in english copy editing. I like to do master's degree in mass communication in kerala. Is there any colleges offering mass communication in kerala?
10th August 2011, 11:12 PM
suchiii

There is no such eligible criteria for getting admission in MA but it depends on the colleges and universities cutoff marks.
Todays competition is high allmost all fields so cutoff goes high in every fields.
you should have good marks at the graduation level at least you have first division in graduation.
28th August 2011, 08:31 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

the Eligiblity Creteria Are Not Same For All the Colleges, It will Be different For Different University. These are some Good Colleges of Mass Communication Courses, And After clear the Entrance exams, GD And Interview, You will get admission In These Given Colleges -

thanks
11th October 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

i am graduate with english honours and waanted to pursue my m.a in mass com..so just wanted to know th expensein doing the course
19th October 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

M persuing bca n i wan 2 do Master in mass com.Are there any colleges in Assam?
17th November 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 47% in 12th standard (science) and 69% in BCA. Am I eligible to apply for Master of Mass communications?
28th November 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

For entrance exam. to pursuing mass com. Master degree in JMI, New Delhi what types of questions to be asked and what is those subject?? Please help me.. Thanx..
19th December 2011, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

hiiiii...my name is himanshu tyagi and i am persuing btech comp sc my overall degree percentage is 55 . so plz sugest me should i persue mass communication ?
and plz tel me is there any future of mine in hindi genralism. you can also contact me on my no. ie 9996885392
regards
himanshu
28th December 2011, 10:31 PM
joblesswork

You should have at least 60% marks in your graduation to get admitted in the renowned Mass Communication colleges.

But in some universities or colleges you need to give their own conducted entrance exams and according to the rank you can apply there.
28th December 2011, 10:45 PM
joblesswork

All the best!!
28th December 2011, 10:48 PM
joblesswork

All the best!!
28th December 2011, 11:19 PM
joblesswork

There is no such eligible criteria for getting admission in MA but it depends on the colleges and universities cutoff marks.
Todays competition is high allmost all fields so cutoff goes high in every fields.
you should have good marks at the graduation level at least you have first division in graduation.
21st February 2012, 03:38 PM
aspire007

All the best!!
22nd March 2012, 11:22 AM
Reshma thadani

To pursue my carrer in mass commn. What shall i do after 12th boards...!?
25th March 2012, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

WHAT'S THE EXACT PROCEDURE OF DOING MASS COMUNICATION?
28th March 2012, 05:50 PM
wlcimedia

Eligiblity Creteria Are Not Same For All the Colleges, It will Be different For Different University. WLCI Media Institute is one the fastest growing institute in India.Which offers professional level programs in journalism, radio programming & production, television & video production and advertising & marketing communication.

To know more visit at : http://www.wlcimedia.in
29th April 2012, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

is there sort of any special course to like get in this stream.. or without any enterance exam but wid good percentagee in sci. stream also we can get into it.
4th June 2012, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

I want to pursue my career in mass communication,wrt now i am doing b.tech in 3rd year from west bengal university of tech what are the critaria and eligibility required to do mass communication from delhi please reply me on [email protected]
8th June 2012, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/madam, i'm a student studing in 10th grade in kendriya vidyalaya cbe. And i am willing to do mass communication (media and communication). i wanna know wagt is the eligible criteria after competeing 12th grade???? pls reply me......................... i hav dediced to prepare for it from now itself so plzzzzzzzzzzzzz do reply me.................. wid the correct information if u knw ........... :-)
9th June 2012, 10:43 AM
tl.com

hi dear friend,
If You Have Passed In Your Bacholar Degree in any stream of education-arts, commerce and science with Minimum 50% Marks, Then You are Eligible To Appear in M.A Mass Communication Entrance Exams.

But, In Manny Top Colleges want Minimum 60 to 65% Marks In Your Bacholar Degree.

But Admission In These Colleges are Based On Merit List. After appearing In the Entrance Exams, They will Short listed Some Candidates According to their Marks.

So, If You are Interested To get Admission In M.A Mass Communication, then You have to appear in Top Colleges Entrance Exams, And after Passing the exams, You Will Get Chance To Admission In Top Colleges.

So, the Eligiblity Creteria Are Not Same For All the Colleges, It will Be different For Different University. These are some Good Colleges of Mass Communication Courses, And After clear the Entrance exams, GD And Interview, You will get admission In These Given Colleges -

thank you
5th July 2012, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

i am a bms graduate with 64 % marks. i want to do diploma course in advertising and public relations. suggest me some good colleges in mumbai. waiting 4 ur rply.
14th July 2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

I have only 34% per. marks in graduation. can i take a addmission in Mass comunication
14th July 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR, m pursuin BA in economics from mithibai college , i wish to do masters in mass .communication . please suggest me some good colleges in mumbai and what the career options aftr i pursue these degrees, please suggest.
10th August 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

i m doing pg diploma from ggn college ludhiana affiliated to pu,chd. i wanted to ask m i eleigible for direct admiiso to master in mass com in 3rd semester in pu,chd or is thr any other college which provides full time admiison to direct to 3rd sem??
26th August 2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am a Computer Science BTech Graduate with 74% from Kakatiya University.
Will i be eligible for the Mass Communication Course. If so, Could you please suggest me some universities in distance.
2nd December 2012, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi, I am a Computer Science BTech Graduate with 74% from Kakatiya University.
Will i be eligible for the Mass Communication Course. If so, Could you please suggest me some universities in distance.
iimc delhi
17th January 2013, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

HELLO..Sir i m doing b.a english hons 3rd yr...i want to knw elegibilty creteria for masters in mass communication of jnu nd jamiya...i hv sc quota...nd is this a good option for me after my graduation...plzzz rply sir/mam
14th March 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

i have done Bjmc (bachelors in journalism and mass communication) now I want to do M.A in Political science (correspondence) . How wud i get admission in it? from any reputed university i want to do but in correspondence.
14th April 2013, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

please sir help me i have appeared in ba hindi honours 3rd year i want to know that for getting admission in M.A mass &commun ication what i have to do? what i have to prepare & n what would be the fees structure
18th April 2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

try for IIMC (Delhi), ACJ (Chennai), Jamia Mass comm (Dlehi) ... they r the best colleges,,,, forms of all these r out .. u can start preparing for the entrance test. Media Hive is marketing an e-Guide for journalism & mass comm entrace (Rs 100; PDF format) and Nuances of Journalistic Writings (hardcopy; discounted price Rs 126).. I think the e-Guide and the book will help u in the entrance exams. u can order them at [email protected] or 9911273924

Quote:
HELLO..Sir i m doing b.a english hons 3rd yr...i want to knw elegibilty creteria for masters in mass communication of jnu nd jamiya...i hv sc quota...nd is this a good option for me after my graduation...plzzz rply sir/mam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?