15th April 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

How to join IMA and Indian Army?

How to joine ima and indian army

15th April 2012, 08:42 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How to join IMA and Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Friend!

IMA : Indian Military Academy

IMA & Indian Army both are same.

You can Indian Army after completing 12th standard by giving NDA Entrance Exam.

NDA:- National Defence Academy

NDA Entrance Exam is conducted by UPSC every Year for two times as NDA I & NDA II.

Basic Eligibility criteria for Indian Army:
----------------------------------------

~ You should have completed 12th standard in any stream(Science/Commerce/Arts) from recognized university/board.

~ You can also appear in NDA exam while in 12th standard.

~ Your Age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

~ You should be Indian Citizen. Should be unmarried Male & Male candidate.

~ You should be physically & mentally fit.

Physically Standard required for Indian Army:
-------------------------------------------

Pattern & Syllabus of NDA entrance Exam:
-----------------------------------------

There will be written Examination for total of 900 marks in two Subjects

1. Mathematics - Maximum marks is 300 and the duration of the test is 2.5 Hrs.
2. General Ability Test - Maximum marks is 600 and the duration of the test is 2.5 Hrs.

The papers in both the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.

~~ If you are eligible then you can apply for this Exam online by using UPSC official website. So, please wait for notification then fill application Form online. If you want to know more about NDA Examination then please visit UPSC official webaddress...

http://upsc.gov.in
15th April 2012, 09:03 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join IMA and Indian Army?

Quote:

dear friend,

After 12th or after graduation you can join Indian Army. See you have to take information from different newspapers and websites when the vacancies of Navy will come and according to this you can apply.
You can also apply for N.D.A. and C.D.S.(Common Defense Services). There generally two examination are held for N.D.A., one is N.D.A.-1 and another is N.D.A.-2.You can also attempt both this two exam.

ELIGIBLE CRITERIA ::

*You should have passed 12th standard from State board or recognized school.

*For Indian Navy, Air Force- You must have passed 12th with Maths & Physics Subjects.

*There is no percentage limit mentioned for this exam.
If you are appearing in 12th then you can also apply.

*Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 year.

*You must be citizen of India.

For more details i.e. if you can apply and want to download previous year papers then you can visit the following websites :

http://indianarmy.nic.in
and
http://www.upsc.gov.in
and
http://www.freshersworld.com

GOOD LUCK
15th April 2012, 09:03 PM
a444

NDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY DIRECT ENTRY ( NON TECHNICAL MEN )

Vacancies Per Course
250 (Twice a year)
Notify in Employment News and leading Daily news Paper
Notified by UPSC under the aegis of CDSE in May/Jun and Nov/Dec
Eligibility Criteria
Age between
19 and 24 yrs as of first day of month in which course is due to commence
Qualification
Graduation from Recognised University.
Marital Status
Un Married
Likely SSB Date
Jul to Aug and Mar / Apr
Date Commencement of Trg
Jan and Jul
Training Academy
IMA Dehradun
Duration of Trg
18 months
15th April 2012, 09:10 PM
a444

PERMANENT COMMISSION
A Permanent Commission means a career in the Army till you retire. For a Permanent commission you have to join the National Defence Academy Khadakwasla or the Indian Military Academy Dehradun.
The National Defence Academy, Pune
You can take the NDA entrance exam right after class XI. Clear the UPSC exam and a 5-day Service Selection Board interview, pass your medicals, and you're in NDA. Three years in NDA and you will be a much improved person.
Apart from providing graduation degrees, NDA has the finest infrastructure for professional training. You'll find phenomenal opportunities to develop your personality and cultivate new interests.
There are 31 extra-curricular activities to choose from. You have aero-modeling, golf, gliding, sailing, wind surfing, astronomy, photography and many more. For more details about NDA KHADAKWASLA visit website www.nda.nic.in
Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
Indian Military Academy is yet another cradle of leadership. The IMA trains you to lead from the front. You are trained in all aspects of combat and tactics using computers and other modern tools and technologies. The IMA has excellent facilities for all-round development. You can go for adventure sports like river rafting, para jumping, rock climbing, trekking and mountaineering. From the IMA, you're commissioned as a "Lieutenant" in the Indian Army, to go out into the world and live up to the IMA motto - "Valour & Wisdom".
There are four main entries to get into IMA:-
Combined Defence Service Examination(CDSE) In final year of Graduation, you need to pass the Combined Defence Services Exams being conducted by UPSC, clear the SSB interview, be medically fit and join IMA as a Direct Entry provided you come in merit. For details of exam dates/ notification visit UPSC website upsc.nic.in
The other entries are are Non UPSC entries(There is no written exam. You are directly called for SSB interview):-
10+2 Tech Entry you can apply after your 12th Exams. Minimum aggregate of 70% is mandatory in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You will be detailed for SSB interview based on the cut off as decided by Recruiting Directorate. Look out for the advertisement published in leading newspapers/employment news in May/Dec every year. Total training is five years. (one year at OTA Gaya and four years at Cadet Training Wings).
University Entry Scheme(Pre Final Year Students Only). This entry is for those of you who wish to apply for Army in Pre-Final Year of Engineering. Look out for the advertisement published in leading newspapers/employment news in May every year.
Technical Graduate Course. Those who are studying in final year/ have completed BE/B Tech in notified streams can also join IMA through Technical Graduate Course. The duration of training is 1 year. Look out for the advertisement published in leading newspapers/employment news in May/Jun & Nov/Dec every year.
22nd April 2012, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

respected sir my self ajay kumar singh
how can i join ima 2012
3rd May 2012, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

i am doing my b.sc degree can i join in indian military academy ? my name is vignesh .
14th May 2012, 06:52 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
i am doing my b.sc degree can i join in indian military academy ? my name is vignesh .
Yes you are eligible to join Indian Army after B.Sc. For that you have to appear for NDA conducted by UPSC twice a year.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA:

• Candidates who have cleared 10+2 and those who are currently doing can apply
• Those who had taken Physics & Mathematics in Class 12th can apply for navy and air force.
• Candidates appearing for the exam must be bachelors .They must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years ie not before 1st July, 1994 & not later than 1st January, 1997.
• Non-permanent citizens of India are not allowed to apply
• Nationalities of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugee can apply only if they have migrated to India with a purpose to become permanent citizens of India prior to January 1st
• In case candidates origin is from India but actually migrated from either neighboring countries of India or East Africa nations like Uganda and Kenya can apply provided they are planning to permanently settle in India.
• Gorkha category of Nepal need not submit any proof

Important dates for NDA II EXAM:
• Release of Notification: 5th May,2012
• Last date of submission of application form: 4th June, 2012
• Date of Examination: 19th August, 2012

Physical standards

• Any candidate whose height should be within157.5cms to 162.5cms
• Candidates whose chest is less than 81cms cannot apply.
• Candidates should have proper eye-sight.
• They should not be overweight or under weight

Structure for the NDA Examination

The exam is divided into two parts-mathematics (300 marks) and general ability (600marks) for two and a half hour. The candidates with good mathematical skill and with right confidence can easily qualify the test.

Paper –I (mathematics)

Paper –II (general ability)

Part ‘A’ (English) – To test candidate’s knowledge in English

Part ‘B’ (general knowledge)- It is divided into part A- F and consist of physics, chemistry, history, general science, geography and current events.
Intelligence and Personality test

The candidate has to go through verbal as well as non-verbal intelligence tests. They have to go through other exercises like GD and other outdoor group tasks.
6th November 2012, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, meself Gwmbwr Boro. Sir i m join to the Indian Army.I m 12th, streem Science.So, plz sir online apply time inform me.
6th November 2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, meself Gwmbwr Boro. Sir i m join to the Indian Army.I m 12th, streem Science.So, plz sir online apply time inform me.
5th February 2013, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

can i join the services cricket team through ima?
7th May 2013, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

sir im from nios board can i apply this form
26th September 2013, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
i am from manab varoti bord can i apply I.M.A form?
so please inform me.
thank you
23rd March 2014, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

HI i am final year student of B.A from punjab university how can i join army ?I am girl most of people thinks that girls can not join Army .SO Suggest me i am fit physicaly as well as mentaly
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?