29th May 2012, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Army after passing 11th in commerce?

i am still study in 11th in commerce.can i join army?..please tell me if i can join

1st June 2012, 07:55 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I join Army after passing 11th in commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am still study in 11th in commerce.can i join army?..please tell me if i can join
No you are not eligible now to apply for the Indian Army as an officer.But you can apply for the Indian Amy in 10+2 through National defence academy examination. This examination is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Army, Air force and Navy. This exam is conducted by the Union Public service commission twice in a year. The eligibility required for the national defence academy examination is given below:

Education Qualification
For the National defence academy examination a candidate should be 10+2 pass. Those appeared in the 10+2 exam or going to appear for the 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply for the National defence academy examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy through national defence academy examination should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
For the national defence academy examination a candidate age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

How to apply?
A candidate can apply for the National defence academy examination online. The online form can be obtained from the web site www.upsconline.nic.in

For more information about national defence academy examination you can also visit at the below web site:

www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2012, 08:48 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs down Re: Can I join Army after passing 11th in commerce?

hi...

No you are not eligible now to apply for the Indian Army as an officer.

Education Qualification

For the National defence academy examination a candidate should be 10+2 pass. Those appeared in the 10+2 exam or going to appear for the 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply for the National defence academy examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy through national defence academy examination should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age Limit

For the national defence academy examination a candidate age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

How to apply?

www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2012, 09:44 PM
padmasree253

Smile Re: Can I join Army after passing 11th in commerce?

Quote:
Dear friend,

After 10+2 you are applicable for defense under NDA sector .

But you must be completed your 10+2 with any stream.

Also your age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Now your age is 17 so you are applicable for NDA exam.

all the best
1st June 2012, 10:25 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Army after passing 11th in commerce?

After passing 11th Commerce you are not eligible to join Indian Army which you can join after passing 12th through NDA entrance examination.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC two times a year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male in order to apply for Indian Army of NDA. Besides he should have either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a Central/State Board and should be within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years. The candidate should be Physically and Mentally fit.

The selection of candidate is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

As you are interested to join Indian Army, you should first complete 12th and appear for NDA entrance exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2012, 10:57 PM
amit_shelu

Quote:
No you can not join Indian Army this year.
Way to join Indian army and navy is to face National Defence Academy Entrance Exam.
Eligibility of this exam is 10+2 in any stream.
Age limit is 16.5 to 19 year for 10+2.
2nd June 2012, 02:06 AM
lakshmi dhana

HAI.....

No!!!!!you are not eligible now to apply for the Indian Army as an officer.

But you can apply for the Indian Amy in 10+2 through National defence academy examination.

This examination is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in

Indian Army,
Air force and
Navy.

This exam is conducted by the Union Public service commission twice in a year. The eligibility required for the national defence academy examination is given below:

Education Qualification

• For the National defence academy examination a candidate should be 10+2 pass.
  • Those appeared in the 10+2 exam or going to appear for the 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply for the National defence academy examination.
  • Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy through national defence academy examination should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age Limit

How to apply?
A candidate can apply for the National defence academy examination online. The online form can be obtained from the web site www.upsconline.nic.in

For more information about national defence academy examination :
http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!!!
2nd June 2012, 11:01 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes after passing 11th i.e. in 12th you can apply for examination For Army wing of National Defence Academy but not for For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy since you do not have physics as one of your subjects.

But even then you will have to pass certain standards for eye sight, height, weight, etc. you must check these before applying for the exam here http://www.upsc.gov.in/

A medical examination will also be conducted so you must rectify the minor ailments.
Also the candidate should not be married

AGE Limit The age of the candidate must be between 16.5-19
2nd June 2012, 11:23 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

no you are not eligible to give the NDA entrance exam now.

Following are the list of eligibility criteria to give the exam:-

The candidate should pass the class XII exam
Age limit is between 16.5-19 years

NDA exam pattern:-
mathematics-2.5 hrs(300 marks)
general ability-2.5 hrs(600 marks)
total-900 marks

Thus you have to give your board exam first. Only then you can sit for the NDA entrance exam.
for more info log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?