1st February 2011, 04:52 PM

How should a 9th standard student prepare for AIIMS exam?

I am in 9th standard. How should i prepare for aiims from now ?

Please reply

thanks

2nd February 2011, 12:50 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How should a 9th standard student prepare for AIIMS exam?

Frankly speaking you shouldnt start for the exam from 9th standard itself. Live you life at the moment. Prepare for your boards first. Try to score the best marks ever in your school exams.

After you get good marks in 10th you should try getting admission in topmost higher secondary schools for Science.

After tht you can start for AIIMS preparation

All you have to do is prepare Physics,chemistry and biology religiously.

If you need some help you can even join coaching institutes.

Since you have asked about how to study in 9th for AIIMs let me tell you that you should master your basics of physics chem and bio before moving to higher level. So read different books like NCERT which will make you understand the matter in hours
2nd February 2011, 01:02 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend;
First you do well in the 10th exam then get admission in a good school/college for 10+2 and work hard. AIIMS exam is based on the 11th and 12th. In the appearing of 12th you can give AIIMS exam.
all the best.
2nd February 2011, 01:40 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07162245124 View Post

Please reply

thanks
Hello friend,

Yes Class 9 is a very important standard because all the entrance and competitive exams needs class 9 basics.
So you can start preparing from class 9 onwards though its still early.
My advice would be try to understand the basics and fundamentals rather than mug up. Concentrate on Physics, Chemistry and biology.
Give more preference on biology. It has so many terminologies and you should prepare yourself.

All the best.
Start from today.
2nd February 2011, 08:12 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Firstly I Have Inform You That At This Class Stage, Please Focus On Your Class Study And Work Hard for The 10th Exams. After Scored Good Marks In Your 10th Exams, You will Prepare for AIIMS Entrance Exams.

So, After 10th, You Can Start Your Preperation, Because The Syllabus Are Covered From 11th And 12th Class In AIIMS. So, after 10th Please Work Hard And Please Focus On The Important Subjects Like Biology, Physics, Chemistry. And Please Try to Study With The Help Of NCERT Books, It will Helps You Lot.

And If You Find Any Difficulty In Study At Home, Then Please Join Some Good Coaching Centre, They will Guide You Properly for This Entrance Exams.
2nd February 2011, 09:02 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How should a 9th standard student prepare for AIIMS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07162245124 View Post

Please reply

thanks
Desirous to get into AIIMS , Its good for you and even its a very good option that you have chosen right time to study and to prepare for AIIMS.

Well if you want to study on your own then it is not possible as you need 11 and 12 Biology , Physics and Chemistry.

You must join a very Good institution like T.I.M.E or AKASH INSTITUTE. Do study a single topic Every Day Keeping your 9th Class in mind.

Don't put more pressure on your brain Your first and last aim is to complete 9th, 10th , then 11 and 12th class first with Biology as a subject.

Don't put Extra effort on your studies of AIIMS just go through the notes what these lecturer of Some particular Coaching Institute teaches you.

Hope you got my point. Don't pressurized your mind be cool and be hard work. you will get what you want.

Good luck.
2nd February 2011, 09:12 AM
daxter

Hello,

I suggest you should focus on your 9th standard right now because right now you dont have to worry about this exams after you have passed your class 10th exam you can start preparation for the AIIMS exam.
so right now you dont need to worry about that focus on class 9th results.

Best of luck
2nd February 2011, 09:32 AM
diego
Banned

You know little brother you have taken a really taken a very nice step by asking people this question... let me tell you one secret almost all the toppers of all the different exams esp. like IIT, AIIMS, CAT... they all start early thats one reason they always outdo others.
Now turning over to your question ... well first step would be to target olympiads: you see all toppers are also olympiad and NTSE crackers... preparation for olympiads and NTSE kind of top exams gives you a solid foundation for competitive exams.. you get the hang of it,
there are tricks to crack such exams some you have to learn by yourself... then you can also take help of professional coaching for your preparation,
At those places you get kind of competition and such talented people who you woud'nt find all at one school... willingness to be better than others is one driving force which makes even average people excel.
One more suggestion i would give you is to always be one class ahead.. you should solve 10 maths when you are in 9th...and so on.
All this would give you solid foundation for AIIMS kind of preparation... where everybody is all india topper... c'mon there are only 30 arround people..hai na
And yes do work on your languages... it will help, trust me.
2nd February 2011, 11:36 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you should not start preparation for AIIMS examination. you have to prepare for 10th board examination. indirectly it will help you to be prepare for AIIMS examination.

just think if you can do good result in 10th then you will be admitted in good institution with science stream. in good institution there will be good study and easily you will do good in AIIMS result.

i think it is better to start your preparation at least at 11th. after 11th take admission in a good coaching institution and start preparation for AIIMS examination seriously.

best wishes.
2nd February 2011, 01:31 PM
xavi

freind,

there is a long way to go......frankly speaking 11th may b the best stage when one should be preparing for AIIMS....
--try getting into a good 10+2 th college first
--u may join a good institution for preparing for AIIMS then

all the best
2nd February 2011, 02:08 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hi,

It is a good thing that you are ambitious and serious about your career, and this attitude will help you succeed. But for your question, i must say, a 9th grade student should not prepare for the AIIMS exam.
You are in the 9th standard and you must be preparing for your board exam so that you may obtain good marks so that you are eligible take up the science stream. Imagine if it so happens that you prepare for AIIMS but screw up your board then your efforts will get wasted boy.
So the right time to prepare for the AIIMS exam is once you have completed your matriculation exam. Thereafter you can join any leading coaching institute such as Akash Tutorials who can provide you expert coaching in the same.
So stop worrying about AIIMS now and prepare and work hard for your boards. That is your should be your primary goal as of now.

Good Luck!
2nd February 2011, 03:25 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How should a 9th standard student prepare for AIIMS exam?

Hi

Its good to see that your are thinking for AIIMS examination at this stage.But its good for you to concentrate on your present study first. Only then you makes your self eligible for the AIIMS examination. So first study hard and score good marks in your Xth board examination. Because if you will not get good marks in your Xth board then it may be possible that you will not get science stream and then the dream of yours will not come true.

So study hard for your board exam and start thinking about preparation for the AIIMS from XI standard.

For your knowledge I have written the eligibility criteria for the AIIMS exam, which will be helpful for you:

Education Qualification:

1. The candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination with minimum of 60% marks in Physics,Chemistry,Biology and English.

2.For the candidate belonging to SC/ST category the minimum percentage required is 55%.

Age Limit:
The candidate should not be below the age of 17 years.

So study hard for your board exams and get good marks in your Xth and XIIth board examination.

GOOD LUCK
2nd February 2011, 03:57 PM
mychandru024

simple!!!! study biology well from now itself.... and other subjects also. Read some competitive exam books on biology.
2nd February 2011, 07:18 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Nothing to worry about you can start your preparation after 10th.But since you have decided to prepare for AIIMS from now itself hence its better that you prefer books of Selina Publishers,N.C.E.R.T so that you can score well in Biology in your 10th standard.

Its always better that you focus on subjects like Botany and Zoology.Its better that you concentrate on your 10th examination and then after focus on AIIMS.After completing your 10th try to join in Institutes like Chaitanya Institute which will provide you better training.Self study is the best process of going through the AIIMS with good marks rather than training.

Here am attaching you a file which gives you entire information of M.B.B.S in AIIMS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MBBS-schedule.pdf(93.1 KB, 1373 views)
2nd February 2011, 07:24 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

School life is an age in which one must not take so much tensions about their career & future.So this is a age to learn every thing step by step.And after 9th class your next step is to be the 10th.You can go upto Two steps more means you can start preparing for the 11th class but dont go so much ahead that you get puzzled & confused.The minimum eligibility condition for AIIMS exam is as under-
1. Candidates who have passed 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English securing a minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates) aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are eligible to apply.
2. The candidate should have attained the age of 17 (seventeen) years.
So work hard ,try to get good marks in 10th & get admission in science stream to give a shape to your dreams.
2nd February 2011, 07:37 PM
rubina roy

Smile Re: How should a 9th standard student prepare for AIIMS exam?

firstly u shud find regarding good tutorials in ur surroundings den u must prepare a good timetable for u to study , den check online wen r d applications of AIIMS being given , prepare for d current affairs n some general knowledge , n also be gd in ur english .
3rd February 2011, 04:12 PM
doctoramy

Its really good to ask this question at the level of 9th std. only. To be frank for being successful in the entrance exams one should learn the strategies of studying with proper planning. Acc. to me if one is failing to plan, he is planning to fail. So at this level when you can't study about the questions being asked in AIIMS exam, you can at least prepare yourself to face such exams. So properly plan out your syllabus so that it becomes a habit for you. Also participate in the school olympiads for physics,chemistry and biology so that you get an idea of how to manage time in the entrance exams... All the best!!!!
23rd February 2011, 07:15 AM
Unregistered

for prepare aiims how much time a student have to read
11th April 2011, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

i am presently in 12th ...and i ve always wanted to become a doctor !!! and im hoping to get into AIIMS!!! but im of the caste OC ...U think i have chances in the entrance exam ? i sored 94% in tenth ...
11th April 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

A student is good in her academics but not in gk .will she be able to win AIIMS exam?
19th April 2011, 04:43 PM
bael

no not at all
19th April 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

suggest best school in and around vijayawada for 9th standard with aim of MBBS
11th May 2011, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

i am in tenth now, which competitive exam books must be read for going into the science stream???
29th May 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for competitive exams like AIIMS ? what is the strategy behind cracking these exams? and how to prepare from 9th classAND HOW MANY HOURS TO STUDY?
4th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

may i know how hard should i work as a 9th standard student so as to achieve AIIMSexam?
18th July 2011, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

how can i prepare for the ias exam from the IX std
15th September 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

how should a inter 1st year student should prepare for the AIIMS exam? How many hrs i should read?
5th October 2011, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

i'm in 10th standard ,how much i should study in a day to make my way to the aiims or which book i must study to clear my concepts????
11th October 2011, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for AIIMS from ninth?
14th October 2011, 12:58 PM
kinika

i am glad that at such a small age you are so much concerned about your studies and your career
Frankly speaking you shouldnt start for the exam from 9th standard itself. Live you life at the moment. Prepare for your boards first. Try to score the best marks ever in your school exams.

After you get good marks in 10th you should try getting admission in topmost higher secondary schools for Science.

Since you have asked about how to study in 9th for AIIMs let me tell you that you should master your basics of physics chem and bio before moving to higher level. So read different books like NCERT which will make you understand the matter in hours
14th October 2011, 01:03 PM
kinika

i am glad that at such a small age you are so much concerned about your studies and your career

16th October 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

How should 9th std student achieve the state first in sslc exam
23rd October 2011, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

How much marks are needed for an OC student in AIPMT exam to get admission in MBBS college.
31st October 2011, 10:34 AM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hello dear

Since you have asked about how to study in 9th for AIIMs let me tell you that you should master your basics of physics chem and bio before moving to higher level. So read different books like NCERT which will make you understand the matter in hours..
thank you
20th February 2012, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

How should a 6th standard student prepare for AIIMS exam?
15th March 2012, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

what books shoul i refer whwn i am in class 9th for biology???
6th April 2012, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

i am a 10th cbse student how much percentage should i get to join aiims and pls list out some good aaims institute in chennai especially in tambaram or chromepet
27th December 2013, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in class-9 reading pls conferm, pls enq i atttend the enterance exam pls conf [email protected].
29th March 2014, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

what r the ways to apply for AIIMS exams and i am still in 9th plz give me some instruction
2nd January 2015, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

well i am in the 9th standard and i want to be a state topper in ICSE board exam.how many hrs.should i study.
20th January 2015, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Is there any book for us (9th ) that we should read to know the basic things dt would help us to gain information in an early stage
7th September 2015, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

I am studying for 10th std in CBSE syllabus. How many marks get in for aiims entrance exam
16th March 2016, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Best books of physics chemistry & bio for 9 standard student for olympiads
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?