29th October 2014, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

For which all exams should I apply to do MS in USA after my B.E?

I'm a fe student studying electronics engineering.I would like to know what are the different scholarship programmes that I can apply to for studying MS in USA so that it will reduce my college fees& I would like to know the minimum budget to study there.

Related Questions:
  1. For which all exams should I apply to do MS in USA after my B.E? -- [New]
  2. Scope for BDs student in USA? Procedure for further studies in USA? Fee structure of the same? Which all exams to answer? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to do MS in abroad? What exams should be given to take admission in USA or UK?
  4. Possibility to apply in Ph.D programme for MBBS student in USA? Is there any entrance exam for it?
  5. Which exam to write for Pharma studies in USA? Is there any scholarship and study loan available?
  6. Where should I study M.Sc in USA or UK? Ful time or part time? Cost, duration, universities and admission?
  7. What exams I should attend for Post Baccalaureate in USA?
  8. Which Exams I have to appear for to get admission in Medical University in USA?
  9. Whether MCA graduate from India is eligible to apply in any college of USA?
  10. Information regarding Post Baccalaureate in USA?
  11. In which exam to sit to qualify Genetic engineering in USA?
  12. Procedure for admission in MS at USA? Colleges in USA and total expenditure? Which exam to give?
  13. List of exams I need to write to study in USA? What's the fee structure of universities in USA?
  14. How MDS can be done in USA after BDS in India? Duration of MDS practice in USA? Scope and scholarship?
  15. How may I apply for a job in USA or in Canada? I'm doing B.Sc in Hotel management
  16. Will I be able to do B.Ed through correspondence if I am residing in USA? How can I take my exams?
  17. What is the requirement for MS in USA or UK? What are the exams to be given? Where can we complete MS in less than 2 years?
  18. How to apply for MS course from USA? Does work experience helps in getting good college?
30th October 2014, 10:13 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: For which all exams should I apply to do MS in USA after my B.E?

To do Master of Science (MS) in USA, you need to appear for

• Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
• Test Of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL)
• IELTS

Admission in to University is based on the score in GRE, TOEFL and IELTS. You also need to submit the Statement Of Purpose (SOP) for some Universities explaining why you are willing to do your MS from that particular University.
Regarding scholarships exams which would help you in fees to do MS in USA, you can visit this Website.

Fee details for few Universities are found in the attached word document. This would help you in giving the idea of the fee structure.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Total 2 year cost.docx(13.1 KB, 60 views)
31st October 2014, 12:17 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Scholarships are usually given by the foreign universities on account of extra ordinary performance in the field of academics or some outstanding showcase of talent. Sometimes scholarships are provided to the top scorers in the entrance exams or in certain section of the entrance exams. In order to do MS in USA after B.E, you should appear for the following exams.

- GRE
http://www.ets.org/gre
- TOEFL
http://www.ets.org/toefl
31st October 2014, 12:30 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

To get an admission in American universities, you have to appear for GRE and IELTS exams. These are the exams to test your knowledge in Aptitude and your ability to communicate in English language. You can appear for these exams at any time, because these exams will be conducted all around the year. After the completion of these exams, you have to start the admission process.
For admission, you have to select few universities and you have to send your application form along with exam scores. Then the universities will verify your profile and they will consider you, if you are eligible.

Scholarships:-
If you are merit student, you will get a scholarship from the university in which you intended to join. Because, universities will offer scholarships to few merit candidates. And those scholarships will depend on your IELTS and GRE scores and on your academic career.

BUDGET:-
And the budget will depend upon your university. If you are looking for a normal university then the fee structure will around 20 lakhs for total MS course. And it will change from university to university.
1st November 2014, 12:00 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For doing any Post Graduation course from USA, you need to apply for GRE. Most of the Universities in US ask for GRE score for admission. You must have a decent score, then only you will be allowed admission in a good University.

Along with the GRE score, you need to prove your English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL score because you have to study in English language. There is a minimum score that you must have in these standardized tests to become eligible for admission in US Universities.

In addition to above scores, you must have a Bachelor degree from a recognized University in India. You also have to show a recommendation letter for getting admission in a US University.

For more information visit http://www.ets.org/gre
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?