14th March 2015, 07:59 PM
suhaas2012

Am I eligible to do MS in abroad after completing Engineering course for 5 years?

Hi,

I am a telecommunication engineering student, I am interested to study MS in physics or physics related studied abroad. My engineering didnt go well and I took 5 years to complete it instead of 4. so since i took one extra year to complete my engineering will i become ineligible to study MS abroad? and what are the MS programs am i eligible for? am i eligible to study MS in physics?

14th March 2015, 11:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MS in abroad after completing Engineering course for 5 years?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue MS course in Abroad even after completion of engineering with 5 years duration. To get admission in MS course in foreign universities, you need to appear in GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examinations. Appearing in GRE examination is not mandatory, whether to appear in GRE or not depends upon the university you are going to pursue MS course. But, it is mandatory that you need to appear in TOEFL/IELTS examination to prove your English Language Proficiency skills to get admission in MS course in foreign universities. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in MS course in US universities.
14th March 2015, 11:51 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MS in abroad after completing Engineering course for 5 years?

The fact that you have taken 5 years will not be a problem but you will have to do your MS in your Graduation Stream only.
You will not be allowed to change stream to Physics suddenly.
So if you are admitted you will have to pursue your MS in Telecommunication Stream.
The admission will not be problem if you have in Depth Knowledge about your Stream and if you are able to crack two Examinations.
You will have to at first appear and crack the GRE Examination.
The GRE Examination is conducted many times a year and it is up to the candidate to decide which date is more suited to him.
You will also have to crack the TOEFL Examination.
If you are able to crack both the Examination then you will be given a list from where you will have to choose the University name and the course you want to avail.
There will be a personal Interview that will be conducted via Skype Calling.

On the basis of this the University provides admission to its students and you can be rest assured that if you give a good performance in the Personal Interview then you will be able to get Admission into the Course of MS.
So prepare for both these Examinations and make sure that you are having a good in depth knowledge in your Domain Subjects and you will have every chance of getting selected for the course of MS.
15th March 2015, 07:25 PM
suhaas2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunavaBasu View Post
The fact that you have taken 5 years will not be a problem but you will have to do your MS in your Graduation Stream only.
You will not be allowed to change stream to Physics suddenly.
So if you are admitted you will have to pursue your MS in Telecommunication Stream.
The admission will not be problem if you have in Depth Knowledge about your Stream and if you are able to crack two Examinations.
You will have to at first appear and crack the GRE Examination.
The GRE Examination is conducted many times a year and it is up to the candidate to decide which date is more suited to him.
You will also have to crack the TOEFL Examination.
If you are able to crack both the Examination then you will be given a list from where you will have to choose the University name and the course you want to avail.
There will be a personal Interview that will be conducted via Skype Calling.

On the basis of this the University provides admission to its students and you can be rest assured that if you give a good performance in the Personal Interview then you will be able to get Admission into the Course of MS.
So prepare for both these Examinations and make sure that you are having a good in depth knowledge in your Domain Subjects and you will have every chance of getting selected for the course of MS.
Thank you for the reply.
is there any possibility that i can study MS in physics related programs?
and can you please tell me what programs i am eligible for?
any website which gives me the information about the programs i can pursue. Please reply. I want to study MS physics or atleast physics related programs
18th March 2015, 03:51 PM
bichapoda

Yes your Eligible to do MS in Abroad.

To Pursue Master in Abroad you need to have completed your UG(Min of 4 years).

So as you have already completed your UG your eligible to apply for MS.

As per the information you provided its clear that it took 5 years for you to complete your UG so its not a Big problem but you need to have a very good score in the entrance exams like GRE,IELTS/TOEFL.

By the Way i suggest you to please select the stream based on your UG stream because you will face problem in Visa interview if you change your stream.

So prepare well for the entrance exams and clear them with good score.
5th April 2015, 03:36 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas2012 View Post
Thank you for the reply.
is there any possibility that i can study MS in physics related programs?
and can you please tell me what programs i am eligible for?
any website which gives me the information about the programs i can pursue. Please reply. I want to study MS physics or atleast physics related programs
No the possibility is very less and as I have mentioned previously it will be very tough for you to change the branch completely.
You will be eligible for studying MS in the subject with which you have studied your graduation.
No other option is in general provided to a student when he opts to study MS Abroad.
There is no particular website at present which will able to help you directly with the problem that you have and you will have to at first do well in the Examination as there is no other way by which you will be able to get admission into studying MS Abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?