20th January 2018, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I do higher studies in abroad after quitting my full time software job?

Hello everybody!! I’m in a desperate need of advice regarding my higher education opportunities abroad after quitting my full-time job at a software firm. I did my Bachelors in Bio-Technology. Was motivated enough to do my Masters and PhD right after but then I struck an opportunity on-campus to work with a reputed IT firm. I took that offer (due to financial needs) and spent almost 5 years of my time there in QA. Now that I’ve saved enough money to help me stand on my own for the next few years, I quit the job to pursue my masters and research in life sciences and technology. I have been exploring my options lately and see that I’m more inclined towards pursuing my studies abroad because I find it highly rewarding. Unfortunately, I also learnt that my chances of acceptance at a foreign university are little to none since I may not be able to justify the wide gap in my education or the job that has very little relevance to the program I’m trying to get into now. I am really looking forward to funding my studies abroad with a scholarship/stipend (because my savings are hardly enough to support tuition fee costs let alone travel/living expenses overseas) but I guess now I may not be eligible for those given my status. So, I come here desperately looking for options that I may have missed.

Any advise on this would be of great help!!!

Related Questions:
  1. What are the scopes of chemical engineers from IIT in India and abroad? Should I pursue higher studies abroad to get a job outside?
  2. Did I do anything wrong by quitting the job for preparing for MBA exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to do my higher studies in abroad after finishing BSc IT
  4. Should I go for job or higher studies after completing B.Tech in ECE?
  5. Can I pursue my career in abroad after completing M.Com from Bangalore?
  6. What should I do to study physics higher studies in abroad in full scholarship?
  7. Will I be able to join Higher Studies as full time or part time while working as a maintenance trainee? Would it affect my experience which I have gained for past 5 years?
  8. In what exam should I appear after completing BMS in order to complete my higher studies in abroad?
  9. Can I pursue my further studies from abroad after completion of matriculation with 68% marks? What's the procedure for the same? Can I get part time job in abroad during my studies?
  10. Will I be able to get job abroad as I completed my M.Com or do I need to do higher studies in abroad to get job?
  11. What is the scope of BAMS in abroad? Is there any other higher studies to be done in abroad after BAMS to get job?
  12. Best places for higher studies in India or Abroad? Universities offering MS in India and Abroad?
  13. Can I do higher studies in abroad after gaining 10 years of work experience?
  14. How to get a job in abroad after completing MBA with no experience?
  15. Which college I can apply after completion of BBA in abroad? Which job to apply in abroad after studies to get good salary?
  16. How can i study abroad after passing 10th grade from ICSE board?
  17. Am I eligible to get a software job after completion of MBA IT?
  18. Am I eligible to get the software job after completion of MBA IT course?
21st January 2018, 04:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do higher studies in abroad after quitting my full time software job?

Yes, you can pursue your higher studies in Abroad after quitting from IT Firm. To get admission for pursuing Master's degree course in Abroad universities, you have to appear in GRE and TOEFL/ IELTS examinations. There are many number of candidates who are pursuing Master's degree course in Abroad after 3 to 4 years gap after completion of Bachelor's degree course. So, you can also pursue your Master's degree course in Abroad once, you secured admission in Master's degree course in any of the Abroad university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?