5th December 2016, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

How many preceding years a person has to study in Tamil Nadu to apply for admission in Anna university as a Normal candidate other than NRI?

Dear Sir, My son did his 10th in abroad from CBSE board. Now currently he is studying in 12th from CBSE board in Tamil Nadu. My question is how many preceding years a person has to study in Tamil Nadu to apply for admission in Anna university as a Normal candidate other than NRI?

Related Questions:
  1. How many preceding years a person has to study in Tamil Nadu to qualify for their Engineering Couselling conducted by Anna university? What is the criteria for Mahraastra engineering entrance exam?
  2. How many preceding year a student has to study in Tamil Nadu for qualifying Normal quota?
  3. Is a candidate passed 10th from abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu, eligible for NRI quota? What's the eligibility criteria for Tamil nadu engineering college counselling?
  4. Admission procedure and fees structure to study MBBS course from Tamil Nadu under government quota for NRI Indian girl candidate?
  5. Is it mandatory to study continuously 5 years for admission in B.E. course at Tamil Nadu?
  6. Is it necessary to be a resident of Tamil Nadu to study B.Tech in Anna University?
  7. Which colleges will I get after doing B.E in computer science in chennai
  8. Procedure to apply in Government Engineering or Medical colleges of Tamil Nadu for NRI student?
  9. In Chennai which are the colleges offering sports quota?
  10. List of MSc medical microbiology courses available in Tamilnadu?
  11. Can a candidate from Tamilnadu participate in Anna university counselling? I did my schooling in Pondicherry
  12. Which college can I get after scoring 819 in TANCET
  13. Colleges in Chennai offering M.E structural engineering in correspondence?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission in Architecture colleges in Chennai if I have scored 70% in boards exam and 97 marks in NATA?
  15. List of colleges offering PhD(Environmental Biology) in Northern India
  16. List of top Architecture colleges in Tamilnadu?
  17. In which engineering college(affiliated to Anna University) in Tamil Nadu I am eligible to take admission? I am pursuing my SSC through NIOS
  18. Tancet 2010 information -- [Most Discussed]
10th July 2017, 06:36 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many preceding years a person has to study in Tamil Nadu to apply for admission in Anna university as a Normal candidate other than NRI?

No, he is not eligible because your son has studied only 2 years in Tamilnadu but to get admission in Tamilnadu through state quota or NRI quota there are some eligibility requirements you need to fulfill which are mentioned below.

For state quota the candidate should have studied minimum 4 years in Tamilnadu so that you'll be eligible for the state quota.

For NRI quota the candidate have studied the previous year education in the foreign countries for getting eligible to the NRI quota.

The 85% admissions are given for the state quota candidates and 15% admissions are given to the all over India quota.

Since you have studied the previous years in India you are eligible for the all over India quota.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?