17th December 2014, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam should I appear between GRE and TOEFL to study MS?

Hello
I am Mamatha studying BE in EEE.
I wish to do my ms in abroad.
Is that necessary to write both GRE & TOEFL ?
If it's no then which exam is more preferable.

18th December 2014, 08:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam should I appear between GRE and TOEFL to study MS?

Yes, you need to appear for both GRE and TOEFL examinations to be eligible to get admission in MS course in US universities. GRE score is the basic requirement that you need to have to get admission in US universities. TOEFL is a standardised test which helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections for getting admission in MS course in US universities. So, to get admission in MS course in US universities, you need to appear for both GRE and TOEFL examination. Thew validity of GRE score is 5 years and the validity of TOEFL score is 2 years.
18th December 2014, 10:18 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam should I appear between GRE and TOEFL to study MS?

It depends upon the country, which you would like to prefer. If it is USA, most of the universities will ask for both GRE and TOEFL (or) IELTS scores. So, You have to write both GRE and TOEFL exams to apply for many universities. And you have a chance to choose between TOEFL and IELTS. But, GRE is mandatory.
In case of GERMANY, only IELTS score is enough to apply for admission in German universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?