15th November 2016, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Is german language compulsory to study for doing doctor of philosophy in Germany?

Is german language compulsory to study for doing doctor of philosophy in Germany? Can you please give me the minimum criteria they will look for doing the doctor of philosophy course? It will be helpful if you can get back with the right information soon to me. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. In Germany, every course is taught in German Language? English is not compulsory there?
  2. How to study German language? In what way German universities will test language proficiency?
  3. Is it compulsory to study German Language to study in Germany? Work experience is necessary to study there?
  4. Scope of BDS in Germany? Is it compulsory to learn German language to study in Germany? List of universities providing dental courses in English?
  5. Is it beneficial to study BS in Germany if it is mandatory to pursue last 2 years in German language?
  6. M.S in Mechanical Engineering in Germany? Is knowing German necessary? Exams required for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Whether GRE is mandatory to study MS in Germany or German Language Test is sufficient? Percentage required in B.Tech to pursue MS in Germany?
  8. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam for studying MS in Germany if I get German Language certificate?
  9. Requirements to do M.Tech in Germany? Is it necessary to have the knowledge of German language?
  10. Is knowledge of German language necessary to study in Germany? How may I do MS(automobile) in Germany? I'm currently in B.E(mechanical) 5th sem
  11. Is it necessary to know German language to study MS in Germany for B.Tech(E&TC) candidate?
  12. Knowing german language is necessary to study PhD in Germany?
  13. Which subject will be best for doing Ph.D after completion of M.Sc in Chemistry?
  14. English or German which language is required for M.Tech in Germany?
  15. How to do M.Tech from abroad while in final year Civil Engineering? What type of exams will I face?
  16. Whether I have to study German Language first of €8000 to study further BS in Germany?
  17. What are the entrance exams other than German language test should I write for pursuing MS with mechanical engineering in Germany?
  18. How may I get admission in Germany for MS course? What are the entrancing tests be conducted in Germany for the same? List of the top universities in Germany for the same? What are the scopes available in Germany after doing MS in machine design?
21st February 2018, 03:56 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is german language compulsory to study for doing doctor of philosophy in Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is german language compulsory to study for doing doctor of philosophy in Germany? Can you please give me the minimum criteria they will look for doing the doctor of philosophy course? It will be helpful if you can get back with the right information soon to me. Thanks!

Many universities in Germany required German language skills to do PhD in Germany. Some universities allow students to write thesis in English. Candidates with a master’s degree in the relevant subject from India are eligible to apply for the PhD in German universities. Some universities conduct examinations to assess the eligibility of the candidates. Candidates need to be certified through examinations like TestDaF or DSH. Candidates can find the details in the DAAD PDF link given below:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DAAD_Studying_in_Germany_PhD_DD.pdf(38.0 KB, 10 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?