19th November 2014, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in NBDE for practicing Dentistry in USA/UK? Syllabus of NBDE?

Sir
I have completed my BDS course in India
I want to practice dentistry in USA or UK
Is it compulsory to clear NBDE examination clear to practice in USA or UK? What is d syllabus for that?
Or can I pay some fees to settle down there? If yes then how much fees is required?
Please give me information for the same
Please guide me

23rd July 2023, 01:04 AM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in NBDE for practicing Dentistry in USA/UK? Syllabus of NBDE?

Yes, it is compulsory to clear the National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) in order to practice dentistry in the United States and the United Kingdom. The NBDE is a two-part examination that tests your knowledge of basic and clinical sciences. The syllabus for the NBDE covers the following topics:
  • Anatomy
  • Physiology
  • Biochemistry
  • Microbiology
  • Pathology
  • Pharmacology
  • Dental materials
  • Operative dentistry
  • Restorative dentistry
  • Endodontics
  • Periodontics
  • Oral and maxillofacial surgery
  • Orthodontics
  • Pediatric dentistry
The cost of the NBDE is $1,800 for each part. You can take the NBDE at any Prometric testing center worldwide.
In addition to the NBDE, you will also need to obtain a license to practice dentistry in the United States or the United Kingdom. The requirements for obtaining a license vary from state to state and country to country. However, you will typically need to pass the NBDE, complete a residency program, and pass a state or national licensing examination.
There is no way to bypass the NBDE in order to practice dentistry in the United States or the United Kingdom. However, there are some countries where you may be able to practice dentistry without taking the NBDE. These countries include Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?