24th October 2014, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Are there government institutions imparting courses on Teaching English as a Second Language like CELTA of British Council?

My wife is interested in doing a short term (foundation or certificate) course on Teaching English as a 2nd language. She is in Delhi and can do it either regular or correspondence. There are courses by private institutions like IELTS, TEFL and CELTA. British Council imparts CELTA Course but thats very expensive.

Are there any Government institutions imparting the Course on Teaching English. Pls advise urgently.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the job options in English Language? I have done B.Tech in computers
  2. Am I eligible to do my PHD in ELT or in any other area of Soft Skills?
  3. Which exam should I write to do MS in Germany
  4. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  5. PG Diploma in Teaching of English and English Language Teaching are same or not?
  6. Are there any exams through which I can get admission in abroad?
  7. Is the Ranjit college of B.Ed in J&K approved by AICTE?
  8. IGNOU, Certificate In Teaching Of English, CTE-1, The Language Learner Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. How to continue my education in UK after completing HSE?
  10. Master degrees in Civil engineering and teaching language in Germany?
  11. Procedure to seek admission for Post Graduation in UK having completed BDS last year?
  12. Guidelines to seek admission for Post Graduation in Physics in Universities like Panjab University, BHU, JNU?
  13. Scope of M.Ed after B.Ed? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I do Doctorate Programme in education? I have 8 years experience in teaching english in grade 11th and 12th in Kerala in government school
  15. What is the requirement for MS in USA or UK? What are the exams to be given? Where can we complete MS in less than 2 years?
  16. What is the meaning of a recognized university?
  17. How should I apply for Government Teacher Jobs after completing MA English and B.Ed with social and english as methodologies?
  18. List of short courses to do to make good career after completion of BA in English having not interest in Teaching?
20th January 2018, 05:28 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are there government institutions imparting courses on Teaching English as a Second Language like CELTA of British Council?

If your wife is interested to pursue short term foundation/certificate course on English Teaching so she can opt for one of the below mentioned courses:-
> Cambridge CELTA
> 18 hours Masterclass course for IELTS Trainers
> 18 Hours Business English Teacher Training
> MA in English Language Teaching(correspondence)

There are no Government Institutions imparting that course however she can pursue that course with scholarship. Some scholarship program are listed below:-
> A.S. Hornby Education Trust(Hornby Scholarship)
> Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
> Charles Wallace India Trust Scgolarship
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?