28th June 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

What are all the requirements for appearing in GRE test?

myself s.srinivasn I am going to complete my post graduation soon and I would like to do phd in abroad doing so I would like to clear GRE.I don't have passport , don't know what time exam is going to held ,how to prepare ,how long it will take to study,what is the syllabus etc.

28th June 2016, 04:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are all the requirements for appearing in GRE test?

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. It is a standardised test that is the basic requirement for getting admission in Master's degree courses in US universities. No specific eligibility criteria is required to appear in GRE examination. Anyone irrespective of educational qualification, age, etc., are eligible to appear in GRE examination.

To appear in GRE examination, you should have to show your passport at the time of the examination. The GRE examination is conducted on some specific dates throughout the year. You can prepare for GRE examination by taking coaching from any reputed GRE coaching center. The GRE examination questions will be asked from Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and Analytical Writing sections.
28th June 2016, 05:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
myself s.srinivasn I am going to complete my post graduation soon and I would like to do phd in abroad doing so I would like to clear GRE.I don't have passport , don't know what time exam is going to held ,how to prepare ,how long it will take to study,what is the syllabus etc.
There is no particular qualification is required to appear for Graduate Record Examination (GRE). All candidate can appear for the examination irrespective of their qualification. This test is conducted 3 times a year. The course is useful for judging the candidate’s Verbal, Mathematical and Analytical skill. It is useful for getting admission to various courses abroad. It is recognized by various universities across the globe. There is no age limit for appearing the examination. This is an objective type examination for 4 hours duration.

Official website- Click Here
29th June 2016, 11:59 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. This test is mostly taken by candidates who are interested to pursue their higher studies in US universities. In GRE test, you need to answer questions from Analytical Writing, Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning sections. The validity of GRE examination score is 5 years.

Requirements :-
To appear in GRE examination, you must have a Passport. Before entering the examination center, you will be asked to show your Passport. You will be allowed to write the examination only if you have a Passport. So, I advise you to apply for Passport and wait it your Passport gets then, you can apply for GRE examination.

Examination Details :-
The GRE examination is held throughout the year on some particular dates. To know about the GRE examination dates, you can check at http://www.ets.org/gre/.

Preparation :-
You can prepare for GRE examination by taking coaching or if you have good Quantitative and Verbal knowledge, you can also prepare on your own.

Syllabus :-
There is no particular syllabus for GRE examination. Questions will be given from Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing sections. So, you need to practice these sections by referring study material which you find online or if you take coaching, the coaching center provides you the study material to prepare for GRE examination.
30th June 2016, 07:08 PM
anuradha1985

GRE stands for graduate record examination which is conducted for taking admission for higher study.it is beneficial for those candidate who want to study in abroad.

Syllabus for GRE
Analytical writing
Verbal reasoning
Quantitative
1st July 2016, 08:59 PM
kavya bv
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Graduate record examination is conducted for students aspiring to get admission for doing master degree in US universities.....
Graduation degree is enough and passport is required to attend for exam..There is no age limit ,..
quantitative aptitude,,analytical writing,,verbal reasoning..are the main papers in exam..,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?