28th June 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Which exam to give between GATE, GRE and CAT?

I am a EEE student im nt getting a clrty on gre gate n cat, which kne is right for me to opt n i wana no how would b my future if i opt gate r cat? Can you please provide me the right suggestion to move on? Awaiting to get the response back soon.

28th June 2016, 04:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam to give between GATE, GRE and CAT?

GATE, GRE and CAT are completely different examinations which are conducted for offering admissions in Postgraduate courses. If you are interested to study M.E/ M.Tech course after completion of your Graduation, you have to appear in GATE examination. If you are interested to pursue your higher studies in Abroad Universities, you need to appear in GRE examination. If you are interested to pursue MBA course after completion of your Graduation, you need to appear in CAT examination.
29th June 2016, 11:12 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

First of all I would like to explain you about the GATE, GRE and CAT examinations. The details of GATE, GRE and CAT examinations are mentioned below :-

=> GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an All India entrance examination which is conducted by seven IITs and IISc, Bangalore for offering admissions to interested candidates in M.E/M.Tech programmes in top Indian Institutes.

=> GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. This test is generally taken by candidates who are interested to pursue their Master's in US universities.

=> CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It is a National level MBA entrance examination conducted by IIT for offering admission to interested candidates in Management programs in top Indian Institutes.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you are pursuing Graduation in EEE stream, so, if you are interested to do M.Tech course in India, you have to appear in GATE examination, to get admission in MBA course, you have to appear in CAT examination. If your desire is to pursue Master's in US or any other Abroad Universities then, you have to appear in GRE examination.
1st July 2016, 09:16 PM
kavya bv
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a EEE student im nt getting a clrty on gre gate n cat, which kne is right for me to opt n i wana no how would b my future if i opt gate r cat? Can you please provide me the right suggestion to move on? Awaiting to get the response back soon.
CAT stands for common admission test ,conducted for candidates interested to pursue admission for MBA in top reputed government colleges in India called IIMs ...

GRE stands for Graduate record examination,conducted for candidates interested to pursue their master degree in US universities..

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering..conducted all over India for students to enter in to India top reputed colleges for M.E or M.tech..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?