16th March 2013, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Can I attempt for GRE after after failing in first year of engineering?

I got failed in first year of my engineering, can I attempt for GRE ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Ph.D from USA after M.Sc from Nepal without any work experience?
  2. When should I apply for GRE if pursuing B.Tech(CSE) 2nd year? How much should I score in GRE to get admission in leading universities of UK?
  3. Details about GRE: Scope and colleges accepting GRE scores? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. When can I apply for gRE and what must be my aggregate and score in GRE to get seat in leading universities of UK?
  5. Can I get admitted in a good college in USA after failing first year of engineering in biotechnology
  6. How can I appear for GRE after completing engineering with 53%
  7. Should I wait another year to give GRE or TOEFL to pursue Masters in Pharmaceutics in abroad?
  8. Can I apply for GRE being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) final year student? Brief information about GRE?
  9. When should I start my preparations for GRE? I am in second year of engineering right now
  10. How to select coaching centers for GRE and TOEFL
  11. In which year I should take up GRE? What kind of preparation is needed?
  12. Having many backlogs in B.E. is a barrier for GRE?
  13. How to do MS in US? Which are the top universities for MS in Networking?
  14. Spending 2 hrs everyday will be enough for GRE exam preparation? -- [New]
  15. GRE preparation can be done by ownself or coaching institute is necessary?
  16. Do I have any chances for getting scholarship after aplying to various universities if I score well in GRE too? Criteria for admission and required GRE score?
  17. Do I have to appear in GRE or IELTS is sufficient to study MS in USA, Canada and Germany? Scope of M.S. through GRE, TOEFL and IELTS?
  18. How to do engineering after passing 12th this year? I want to appear for GRE exam
18th August 2013, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I attempt for GRE after after failing in first year of engineering?

will i get admitted to a good college after scoring well in GRE and TOEFL even if i have failed in the first year of my engineering?
4th January 2014, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I attempt for GRE after after failing in first year of engineering?

I am a student of electronics and i have backs on 4th sem...can i appear for gre?? .....n if i can then how??? "
16th March 2015, 11:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for GRE exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests

Revised General Test

1) Verbal Reasoning (130-170)
2) Quantitative Reasoning (130-170)
3) Analytical Writing (0-6)

GRE Subject Tests

• GRE Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology Subject Test- 180 Questions
• GRE Biology Subject Test- 200 Questions
• GRE Chemistry Subject Test- 130 Questions
• GRE Computer Science Subject Test – 70 Questions
• GRE Literature in English Subject Test- 230 Questions
• GRE Mathematics Subject Test- 66 Questions
• GRE Physics Subject Test- 100 Questions
• GRE Psychology Subject Test- 205 Questions

http://www.ets.org/gre
16th March 2015, 01:33 PM
Ronie0309

Yes you can go for GRE.
To apply for GRE you need to have a bachelor's degree which can be in any field.

The only main criteria is that you have to clear the nationwide entrance exam GRE.
17th March 2015, 10:17 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I am a student of electronics and i have backs on 4th sem...can i appear for gre?? .....n if i can then how??? "
If you are planning to do your Masters on any discipline or PhD from any universities in the USA, then you can sit for GRE. Basically, this exam is the gateway to the US universities. But here one thing needs to be remembered that not all universities accepts GRE scores. So whichever college or university you have shortlisted, make sure you go through its detailed admission procedure to know what are their requirements.

So i would advice you to first clear your backlogs and then sit for the GRE exam if your main aim is to use the score for higher education. Because with your backlogs you cant opt for masters or any other programmes of your choice.

A good GRE score does not necessarily guarantees admission in the college of your choice. Along with the GRE Score your undergraduate score will be considered plus the recommendation letters and other qualifications for graduate-level study.

GRE is basically a computer based test and it has it exam centres scattered all around the world. In a period of one year you can sit for GRE only five times and not more than once within a period of 60 days.

GRE Test are of two parts:-
  1. GRE General Test
  2. GRE Subject Test
GRE General Test Pattern:-

Now as far as the exam pattern is concerned, the duration of the exam is 3 hours 45 minutes. The paper contains the following three sections:-
  1. Verbal
  2. Quantitative
  3. Analytical writing sections.
The analytical section contains two essay questions, the verbal ability section contains 20 multiple-choice questions and the math section of the quantitative section also contains 20 multiple-choice questions.

GRE Subject Test Pattern:-

The aim of the subject test is mainly to measure the depth of your knowledge in a particular subject. This test is very vital because it will help you to stress more on your areas of strength and will help you to stand out in the crowd. The universities will also take notice of it and give you extra points for that.

The test at this moment can be taken in the following subjects:-
  • Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Literature in English
  • Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Psychology
Please Note:- The validity of the GRE score is only five years.
17th March 2015, 10:27 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for GRE examination even if you have failed in one subject. But, you need to clear backlog before applying for the universities in foreign countries. There is no specific eligibility criteria required to appear for GRE examination. Anyone irrespective of age, academic qualification, gender,religion, etc. can appear for GRE examination.

The validity period of GRE score is 5 years.
17th March 2015, 01:13 PM
aroy8091

Quote:

Hi ,

Yes Of course you can apply for GRE test. This examination doesnot have any such type of criteria.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.This examination for all candidate who want to do Higer Studies in abroad.

Types of GRE are: 1) Revised General Test 2) GRE subject Test

Revised General Tets contains as follows:
1.Verbal
2.Reasoning
3.Quantitative
4.Analytic Writing

Subject Test are on which you should apply.subjects are as follows:
1.Biology
2.Chemistry
3.Mathematics
4.Physics
5.Literature

GRE score card valid for 5 Years.

You can get more information on this link : http://www.ets.org/gre

Regards
Amit
17th March 2015, 03:55 PM
bichapoda

Yes you can Apply for GRE exam.

GRE Stands for Graduate Record Examination.
  • GRE is a Online test.
  • You need to write this exam in the Examination center alloted to you(It will be mentioned in your Hall Ticket).

GRE Test is conducted in two parts:-
  • GRE General Test
  • GRE Subject Test

GRE General Test Pattern:-

When Comes to General Test as far as the exam pattern is concerned, the duration of the exam is 3 hours 45 minutes.

The paper has three sections:-
  • Verbal
  • Quantitative
  • Analytical writing sections.

Verbal:- This section contains 20 Objective Type(multiple-choice) questions .

Quantitative:- Quantitative section (Related to Maths) also contains 20 multiple-choice questions.

Analytical writing :- Analytical section contains of two essay questions.

GRE Subject Test Pattern:-
  • Subject test is mainly conducted to know your knowledge in a particular subject.
  • Among all this section will help you in gaining good marks.

You can take the test in subject which your interested in like Biochemistry,Biology,Mathematics etc..

Validity :- Validity of the GRE score is only 5 years.
17th March 2015, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Absolutely yes , you are eligible for GRE (Graduate Record Examination) ,
For GRE exam ,
* only one condition it is You have a bachelor degree in any field
Now just go for it ,without any issue
GRE TEST is of two type
** REVISED GENERAL TEST
** GRE SUBJECT TEST
18th March 2015, 01:13 AM
Subham Mazumdar

Smile Re: Can I attempt for GRE after after failing in first year of engineering?

Quote:
Yes, you can attempt for GRE after failing in First year.

For attempting for GRE you just need to have graduation degree or you can attempt it in you final year also.

Just need to remember one thing that you should score good in Engineering. So, that after score good in GRE, it will help you to get into good college.

Please let us know if any further question.

Thanks
18th March 2015, 01:17 AM
Subham Mazumdar

Smile Re: Can I attempt for GRE after after failing in first year of engineering?

Quote:
Yes, you can attempt for GRE after having back papers in 4th semester.

For attempting for GRE you just need to have graduation degree or you can attempt it in you final year also but you just need to clear all your back paper while applying for GRE in you final year.

Just need to remember one thing that you should score good in Engineering. So, that after score good in GRE, it will help you to get into good college.
19th March 2015, 06:21 PM
rinku6

Hi,

There is no specific eligibility criterion for GRE. However, various universities that accept GRE scores have their own criteria of admission.

The Graduate Record Examination conducted by the Educational Testing Service.
GRE test scores are valid for five years (most universities accept scores up to five years old). But recent scores may be preferred (not older than 2 years).

The computer-based GRE can be taken once every 21 days, up to five times within any continuous period of 12 months. This includes test attempts in which the score was cancelled by the candidate.

Regards.
20th March 2015, 12:16 AM
bichapoda

GRE is the Entrance exam to study abroad so to apply for GRE exam your backlog will not cause any problem.

GRE Stands for Graduate Record Examination.

This exam is conducted to test your knowledge.

Students who plan to do there Higher Education in USA need to appear for this exam and clear it with good score.

Because based on this score only Universities in USA will give you Admission to study in there University.

If you have failed in a subject then try to clear it in next attempt and make sure you don't have any backlogs in comings years.

Because you will face problem in getting admit from universities if you have more backlogs.

So if you have backlogs also clear them As soon as possible.

As you already have a Backlog crack the GRE exam with good score so that the university people will be convinced by your Score and give you an Admit.

So prepare well for your GRE and also concentrate on your Backlog's and clear them.
23rd October 2015, 10:57 AM
shravv shravs

GRE( Graduate record Examination).
Yes , you can apply for GRE test. But the moment when you are taking test at that time you must not have any backlogs...
Because its entrance test to go abroad we will get problem while in verification process.
->paper contain three sections :
Aptitude
verbal
Analytical
These subjects has to prepare to take GRE
->once you write GRE now that is validity for 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?