List of Defense Service Entrance Exams
The Indian Armed Forces consists of the Indian Army, the Indian Navy, the Indian Air Force, and a variety of other organizations which are allied to it. One of the most respected and prestigious profession in this world is that of the Defense services. There are many exams through which an interested candidate can join the armed forces. The details are listed below.
List of Entrance Exam
- I.A.F. Exam - I.A.F. Airman (Education Instructors Trade) Exam
- I.A.F.Exam - IAF Airman Non-Tech Trades Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers (Technical) M.E.R. Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers Clerks Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers General Duty (NER) Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers Nursing Assistant’s M.E.R. Exam
- I.N.A Exam - Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam
- Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam
- Indian Navy Sailors Matric Entry Recruitment Exam
The Leading Institutions which gives training to candidates are Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad, Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, Naval Academy, Goa and Officers Training Academy(OTA), Chennai
Candidates who are interested to join the Army must have an IMA or an OTA Degree from a recognized University or its equivalent. Those candidates who wish to join the Naval Academy must have a Bachelors Degree with Mathematics and Physics or should be a graduate in B.Tech. Candidates who are applying to the Air Force Academy should be Graduates with Physics and/or Mathematics or have a Bachelors degree in Engineering. Those candidates who are appearing for their degree final year examinations can also apply provided that they submit the proof of passing the necessary qualifying examination.
The easiest way to enter the armed forces is by the National Defense Academy (NDA). Candidates are required to be graduates of Science (PCM) to write the written test. Another choice to achieve an admission after graduation is through the Combined Defense Services (CDS) exam. Candidates who have completed the training automatically becomes qualified officers of the service to which they have been appointed. Jobs are guaranteed to them along with the many benefits and allowances which will continue even after their retirement. Officers who are skilled and experienced have opportunities of being promoted to higher-ranking positions over the years. Candidates who are employed in the armed forces are taken care of by the government from the time they join until the time they retire. A job in the armed forces promises respect, recognition, grandeur and a privileged lifestyle. The initial salary of a candidate is around Rs. 20,000/- per month along with other benefits. As the ranking of the officers goes higher, the pay package also increases.
- List of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Entrance Exams
- List of Navy Entrance Exams
- How to prepare for Defense Entrance Exams?
- List of State Public Service Commission (S.P.S.C) Entrance Exams
- Government Jobs after Bachelors in Commerce (B.Com)
- Helicopter Pilot – How to become Helicopter Pilot?
- Government jobs after M.A in Economics
- Government jobs after B.Tech in Instrumentation Engineering
- Government jobs after B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Metallurgical courses as a significant need for the defense sector of any nation
- National Defense Academy And Naval Academy Exam (I), Mathematics Papers
- Government Jobs in Defense Sector
- Army Officer - How to become an Army officer?
- List of Government Companies in Aerospace Sector
- Career after M.Sc in Physics