Army Officer - How to become an Army officer?
The Indian Army is one of the major forces in the world. The Indian Army offers best job opportunities to the adventurous young generation. It is a career that offers enormous services, an honored lifestyle. The Armed Forces describes the ideals of service, sacrifice, devotion and our country’s culture. The two major parts of work in the army forces are separated under the Fighting Forces and the Support Services. A career in the Army will educate you to face the toughest of occasions in life. A candidate has two options available to join on a Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission. In permanent commission candidates can work until their retirement. Short-service commission is joining for 4 of 5-years, after which the candidates can decide to continue the job or not.
Selection is based on the performance in the Entrance Examinations and Physical fitness. Some of the Entrance examinations are:
- Common Entrance Examination (CEE)
- Combined Defense Service Examination
- I.A.F. Airman Education Instructors Trade Examination
- I.A.F. Airman Non-Technical Trade Examination
- I.A.F. Airman Technical Trade Examination
- Indian Army Soldier Clerks Examination
- Indian Army Soldier General Duty (N.E.R.) Examination
- Indian Army Soldier Nursing Assistants (M.E.R.) Examination
- Indian Army Soldier Technical (M.E.R.) Examination
- National Defense Academy Examination (NDA)
Who is eligible to apply?
Eligibility is varies depending on the various posts. For certain posts like a jawan the minimum qualification required is 12th standard and for an Army officer minimum graduation is a must. The candidates need to have a good physical fitness and eyesight for join the Indian Army. Candidates must be an Indian citizen and minimum age should be 16 year.
How to prepare for exam and interview?
Generally, the entrance examination will covers questions from Mathematics, English Chemistry, and physics. The candidate should be more concentrated on these subjects. Today a lot of private institutions are conducted coaching classes for these exams. Physical fitness is must for the job. Various physical activities are conducted by the examination board such as 1 Mile Run, Pull Ups, Balance and 9 Feet Ditch.
- How to join Indian Army?
- Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer, Indian Army
- Junior Commission Officer (Religious Teacher), Indian Army
- Indian Army, Career in Indian Army
- Junior Commissioned officer (Religious Teacher), Indian Army
- Principal, Army Institute of Law
- Career In Defence Services (Army)
- 25th 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme, Indian Army
- SSC Officer Dental Corps - Indian Army
- Short Service Commission (Trainee) - Indian Army
- NCC Special Entry Scheme, Indian Army
- SSC Officer Dental Corps, Indian Army
- 27th 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course, Indian Army
- 113th Technical Graduate Course (July-2011), Indian Army
- Exam Pattern and Application Process for CWAT in ACN 2013