List of Postgraduate Courses in Disaster Management
Calamities like earthquake, flood, tsunami, drought or man made disasters like explosions will have a huge impact on the lives of the people when it happens. Disaster management enables individuals to get prepared before any of the above mentioned catastrophes occur. Disaster management or emergency management can be generally defined as the random processes by which individuals, groups or the society deal with hazards in an effort to evade or reorganize the effect of adversities resulting from these hazards. In our country, the role of emergency management is played by the National Disaster Management Authority of India. There are many colleges in India that offer interested candidates with postgraduate courses in disaster management. Candidates who aspire to join this course must have finished their graduation in the related subject.
List of Post Graduate Courses
- M.A in Disaster Management
- M.Sc in Disaster Management
- M.A in Disaster Management and Mitigation
- MBA in Disaster Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Disaster Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Disaster and National Security Management
- Postgraduate certificate in Emergency and Disaster Management
Career Prospects and Remuneration
Candidates who have finished their postgraduate course in disaster or emergency management can find jobs both in India and overseas. Employment can be found in areas like emergency services and the law enforcement bureau of India in addition to agencies like the local authorities as well as non-governmental institutions. International agencies like the UNO also employ professionals in disaster management. Besides this, students can also find jobs as rehabilitation workers, environmental experts, social workers and as medical health specialists. The remuneration of the candidates will differ on the basis of their qualification and proficiency. The initial salary of candidates will be around Rs. 8,000 - Rs10, 000 a month. Those who have an experience of 2 or 3 years may earn up to Rs. 15,000 -20,000 each month. Professionals in the field of emergency management will have a salary of approximately Rs. 1, 50,000 every month.
- List of Disaster Management Entrance Exams
- IGNOU M.A. Public Administration- Disaster Management Papers
- Disaster management course and its pivot role in natural calamities
- Program Manager, National Institute of Disaster Management
- Government Jobs in Disaster Management in India
- Disaster Manager - How to become a Disaster Manager?
- Objective of Disaster Management course
- Disaster Management Coordinators, Media Manager, State Disaster Management Authority (Punjab)
- Gujarat Technological University Civil Engineering 5th Sem- Disaster Assessment using Geospatial Techniques Papers
- What to do after B.A in Geography?
- Head, Administrative Officer, SAARC Disaster Management Center
- List of Postgraduate Courses in Finance
- List of Courses in Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- List of Postgraduate Courses in Astrology
- List of Courses in Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar