National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Scholarship
The NCERT organizes the NTSE for students below class VIII. The main aim of this exam is to find talented students and to nurture their talent and support their higher studies giving financial assistance through scholarships.
The scholarships will be awarded to a group of meritorious students who will score highest marks in their class VIII exams as well as the talent search scholarship exam. According to the norms of the NTS, selected students will be gifted Rs. 500/- each month.
NTS Scholarship Reservation
Students of the SC category will be given a reservation of 15%. Those students who belong to the ST category will be provided with a scholarship reservation of 7.5%. Students who are physically incapable will be given a reservation of 3%
NTS Scholarship Eligibility
Only those students who are studying in standard 8 are eligible to apply for the National Talent Search Examination Scholarship.
Examination pattern of NTSE
The talent search exam will comprise of two stages. The first stage selection will be carried out by the specific State or Union Territory. The second stage selection will organized by the NCERT.
The examination pattern of the National Talent Search Examination is given below:
Stage I of the exam will include a Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) and a Mental Ability Test (MAT). The exam will cover topics like mathematics, social sciences and sciences. Stage II of the exam will also be of the same pattern but done at a national level. In addition to the tests, the students will also be required to appear for an Interview. Only those students who have cleared the written will be called in for the interview.
NTS Scholarships State Quotas
Every Union or State territory will be given a quota to recommend a precise number of students for the II stage exam. The detail information pertaining this could be viewed in the formal website of the NCERT.
Application Form and Fee
Students who are interested to apply for the National Talent Search Examination can contact the UT or the State Liaison officer as to obtain the application. The students also have an option to download the application from the authorized website of the NCERT. All communication concerning the application is supposed to be addressed to the State Liaison Officers. The students must also remember to get the form signed by the head of the school they are studying at.
- Address: Department of Educational Measurement and Evaluation, NCERT, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi – 110016
- Fax No. : 011-26515382
- Website: www.ncert.nic.in
- For NTS Examination Inquiry: Phone No. : 011-26560464
- For NTS Scholarship Inquiry: Phone No. : 011-26562704
- NTSE papers
- NTSE Coaching Institutes
- Inspire Scholarship (SHE) — Essential Details
- National Talent Search Examination NTSE 2012
- Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme (CCRT)
- Details on Scholarship exams for 8th and 9th students by Directorate of Education of Delhi
- National Talent Search Test-Exam Pattern and Application Process
- How to fill NTSE application form?
- Scholarship Details in BJB Junior College
- Difference between Scholarship and Fellowship
- Difference between ACST and ANTHE in Akash Institute
- Pattern of National Talent Search Examination
- Mathematics 2011 MT And TS
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Scholarship
- NU Scholar Search Programme