Details on Scholarship exams for 8th and 9th students by Directorate of Education of Delhi
Each year the Directorate of Education of Delhi announces scholarships for 8th standard and 9th standard students. To avail this scholarship the students will need to appear for the scholarship exam. 8th standard students need to appear for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) and 9th standard students need to appear for Junior Science Talent Search Examination (JSTSE). There is no examination fee for appearing for either of these tests. The exam pattern and eligibility criteria for each of the tests are mentioned below.
National Means — cum- Merit Scholarship Examination
NMMS examination consists of two papers. The first paper will be a Mental Ability Test and the second Scholastic Aptitude Test. Questions in the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) will be from
The duration of each test is 1 ½ hours. There will be 90 questions in each section. Each question will carry one mark.
Only students studying in standard 8 are eligible to take this exam. These students should have secured minimum 55% marks in standard 7. Students belonging to SC/ST can avail 5% relaxation in this criterion. Also the annual income of their parents should not be over Rs. 150000/-.
Junior Science Talent Search Examination
Students will need to appear for two papers in the Junior Science Talent Search Examination. The first paper will cover areas related to General Knowledge and the second paper will cover General Science and Mathematics.
There will be total 50 questions in Paper I i.e. General Knowledge. For this section questions related to sporting events, important happening in the past and also recently, symbols of famous companies, universities can be expected. There will be 150 questions in Paper II i.e. General Science and Mathematics. Questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths can be expected. Each question will carry one mark. The time allotted for Paper I is 50 minutes and for Paper II is 150 minutes. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours 50 minutes. For preparing for this exam students can refer 7th and 8th text books. Normally questions asked will be as per the syllabus in Government schools. There is no negative marking.
Students currently studying in 9th standard can appear for this test. They should have secured a minimum of 65% marks in 8th standard. The test is conducted for students studying in schools in Delhi. This includes Government, Government Aided, Navodaya, Kendriya Vidyala, Public Schools and NDM. Students who had received scholarship from National Educational Research and Training are not eligible to take this exam.
- Scholarship Details in BJB Junior College
- List of colleges offering B.A History through Distance Education/Correspondence
- CUHK Faculty of Law Master Scholarship 2009
- Scholarships offered in ACEM
- NU Scholar Search Programme
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (RSS) Scholarship
- [Sholarships Updates] - Day 8
- Scholarship in Alliance College of Engineering and Design
- Maharashtra PGM PGD CET Eligibility Criteria
- Details on National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Scholarship
- Felix Scholarship – Essential Details
- Details on Aakash Institute Admission cum Scholarship Test
- The Indian Oil Academic Scholarship
- List of Colleges Offering BA History through Distance Education/Correspondence
- OPJEMS Scholarship for Engineering/Management Students