TANCET 2012 M.Tech, MBA, MCA, ME Entrance Exam
The body responsible for conducting TANCET is Anna University. TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. Students who aspire to enroll for MCA or M.Tech or MBA or M.Arch or M.E or M.Plan can apply for the test. The test is conducted at various centers through out the country.
Structure and Syllabus
The duration of TANCET MBA Entrance Test is 120 minutes. This test will help to evaluate the qualities required for a candidate who aspire to do MBA. This test consists of following sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Sufficiency and Data Interpretation.
The duration of TANCET MCA Entrance test is 2 hours. This course is for those students who aspire to MCA courses.
The question paper has following parts: reasoning, basic Computer knowledge,
Quantitative skills and Logical thinking.
The entire test will have 100 multiple choice questions. Other than the subjects mentioned above there may be few questions from science or verbal skill etc.
The duration of TANCET M.E/ M.Plan/M.Tech./ M.Arch/ (Non-GATE) Entrance Test is 2 hours. The paper consists of three sections. The first two parts are compulsory for all the students In the case of the third section candidates can choose their field of specialization. Candidates have to select one from the 14 questions.
Part - I Engineering Mathematics
Candidates have to answer all the 30 multiple choice questions.
Part - II Basic Engineering & Sciences
It consists of 45 multiple choice questions. Candidates have to answer 30 from them. For every incorrect answer .25 marks will be reduced. For every correct answer 1 mark will be given.
Part - III Specialization
This part consists of 14 questions from different areas like Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc. There are more than 40 questions in each of the sections. Candidates should answer almost 40 questions to qualify for the test. All the right answers will be given one mark each and .25 marks will be reduced for every wrong answer or if the answers are not correctly shaded.
Those Candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline or its equivalent are eligible to apply. They should have done this course from a recognized institute or university. Candidates who are at present doing their final year or are waiting for their results can apply. Those who have done both diploma and graduation can apply as well.
The candidates should have done their graduation in any field or its equivalent to apply for this course. It must have been done from a recognized university. They should have also chosen Mathematics or statistics in their plus two or diploma or graduation courses.
Candidates should have completed their bachelor’s/master’s degree or an equivalent. It should have been done in the same domain in which the candidate wishes to do M.E./M.Tech. M.Arch/M.Plan:
Candidates should have done their bachelor’s or master’s course or its equivalent in the field of architecture/planning.
How to Apply?
Candidates can purchase the TANCET Application form either by Person or by Post or through Online Registration. The application form is the same for the three tests. Candidates have to submit Rs 300/- as an entrance test fee. Those belonging to SC or ST and are from Tamil Nadu have to par Rs 150/-. They are also required to submit a community certificate. The fees are the same for the entire test. If a student wishes to appear for more than one test, then he/she has to pay an additional fee for the test.
SPOT REGISTRATION: Those who wish to purchase the Hall Tickets personally can visit Coordinating Centers with a Demand Draft or cash. They should also submit a copy of their 10th mark list.
REGISTRATION THROUGH INTERNET: Candidates can also register online by visiting www.annauniv.edu/tancet 2011.
[Please note that we only provide tentative dates based on previous years dates. For exact dates related information it is always best to check official websites only.]
- Date of Entrance Exam: May last week, 2012
- Sale of Application Forms: March last week, 2012
- Final date for submitting the application forms are by April last week, 2012
List of TANCET Exam centers
- Anna University Chennai, Chennai
- Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- PSNA College of Engg. & Technology, Dindigul
- Institute of Road and Transport Technology, Erode
- Alagappa College of Engg. & Technology, Karaikudi
- Thiagarajar College of Engg., Madurai
- Govt. Polytechnic College, Nagercoil
- Govt. College of Engg., Salem
- Kunthavai Naachiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women, Thanjavur
- Govt. College of Engg., Tirunelveli
- Anna University Trichy, Trichy
- Thanthai Periyar Govt. Institute of Technology, Vellore
- University College of Engg., Villupuram
- Kamaraj College of Engg., Virudhunagar
Contact Address for TANCET
- The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA), Anna University Chennai, Chennai 600 025
- Tel.: +91-44-22301393. +91-44-2235 8282
- Fax: +91-44-22301369
- Website: http://www.annauniv.edu
Colleges accepting TANCET Score
- A.M.S. College of Engineering, Nizara Educational Campus
- Meenakshi College of Engineering, Virugambakkam
- St. Joseph’s College of Engineering Old Mamallapuram Road
- Valliammai Engineering College S.R.M. Nagar
- Panimalar Engineering College, Chennai
- Anand Institute of Higher Technology
- Sri Sairam Engineering College, Chennai
- Vel Tech, Tiruvellore District
- Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai
- B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College
- Misrimal Navajee Munoth Jain Engg. College, Chennai
- Dhaanish Ahmed College of Engineering
- Vins Christian College of Engineering Nagercoil- Tiruvananthapuram
- Madha Engineering College, Madha Nagar
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering
- Velalar College of Engineering and Technology
- Hindustan College of Engineering
- Vivekananda College of Engineering for Women
- A.R.J. College of Engineering & Technology
- St. Peter’s Engineering College, Chennai
- D.M.I. College of Engineering
- Saveetha Engineering College
- Dr.Paul’s Engineering College
- T.J. Institute of Technology, Chennai
- J.J. College of Engineering and Technology
- K.S.R. College of Engineering
- Francis Xavier Engineering College
- Thangavelu Engineering College
- Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology
- SRR Engineering College
- Jeppiar Engineering College
- Jaya Engineering College
- Tagore Engineering College
- Tamilnadu College of Engineering
- Sun College of Engineering and Technology
- Raja College of Engineering and Technology
- Udaya School of Engineering
- Karpagam College of Engineering
- Madha Engineering College
- Misrimal Navajee Munoth Jain Engg. College
Reference Books for TANCET Exam
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics(Third Edition), Merle C. Potter, J. L. Goldberg, Edward Aboufadel
- BASIC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, Prasanta Kumar Satpathy
- DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES, N. Subramanian
- ELECTRIC CIRCUITS, David A. Bell
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS, David A. Bell
- Elements of Electromagnetics, Matthew N.O. Sadiku
- Elements of Power Electronics, Philip T. Krein
- ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY, R. Rajagopalan
- Introduction to Fluid Mechanics ( SI Edition)Includes CD, Edward J. Shaughnessy,Jr, Ira M. Katz, and James P. Schaffer
- Materials Science for Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Ian Jones
- MATHEMATICS COMPANION FOR SCIENCE & ENGINEERING STUDENTS, Jerome R. Breitenbach
- NUMERICAL METHODS, Srimanta Pal
- Power System Analysis, T.K. Nagsarkar, M. S. Sukhija
- Principles of Architecture, G. Muthu Shoba Mohan
- PRINCIPLES OF MICROCOMPUTERS AND MICROCONTROLLER ENGINEERING by Frederic M.Cady.
- REMOTE SENSING AND GIS, B Bhatta
- TANCET MBA-Anna university by E.S.Ramasamy
- TANCET MCA-Anna University by V.V.K.Subburaj
Coaching Centers for TANCET
- Apsire Coaching
- Brilliant Tutorials Pvt. Ltd
- CAREER LAUNCHER
- Joseph Coaching Centre
- Sathya Academy Coaching Centre
Candidates should start preparing for the test at the earliest. They should try to work out last years sample question paper in order to become acquainted with the syllabus and the pattern of the paper. Candidate’ should also try to learn short cut formulas and other simple tricks to solve the mathematical problems. Revision will also be a good option to prepare for the test.
How and Where To Get the Result
Results will be published on the official website of Anna University. On entering their register number students can obtain their results.
Cutoff varies according to rules and regulations of the institute. The expected cutoff marks of some universities for TANCET 2010 are:
- Anna University 40 and above
- SC cut off 34 and above
- ST cut off 31 and above.
- Anna University Coimbatore - 39+
- PSG- 38 +
- GCT 38+
- SSN 37+
The validity period of TANCET score is one year.
- Question Answers Set#6
- TANCET MBA Papers
- TANCET MCA Papers
- TANCET M.Tech./ M.E./ M.Arch./ M.Plan (Non-GATE) Entrance Test Papers
- SSN School of Management & Computer Applications 2011 MBA MCA
- How to Prepare for Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)?
- TANCET Application Details
- VLB Janakiammal College of Engineering and Technology 2011 ME
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) Eligibility Criteria
- How to Prepare for TANCET Exam?
- Exam Pattern and Reference Books for TANCET (MCA)
- Courses and Admission Process in TCNE
- Exam Pattern and Reference Books for TANCET (MBA)
- TANCET Coaching Institutes
- How to fill TANCET Forms?