The Global Open University, Nagaland
This university was laid down in terms of it first foundation stone by the Act 3 of 2006 also referred to the act of the Global Open University, established or legislated by the Government of Nagaland with the sole and primary purpose of spreading quality education which is very specific for people to get good jobs and employment opportunities in the north eastern states as a broader perspective and when narrowed then particularly the north eastern state of Nagaland.
For the facilitation of such a university the government of Nagaland has also led to the starting and implementing of programs like WIBP or the World Institution Building Program which helped to prepare the essential infrastructure for these institution in the state of Nagaland and specially in the urban cities of Wokha, the capital city of Kohima and Dimapur.
The university offers a huge list of courses in different trades and different fields’ altogether. Some of the major courses are described in the following discussion:
Management & Commerce: in this the university offers MBA, BBA, MSc (Total Quality Management and Insurance Business) and M.Com
Computers and IT: here courses like MCA, BCA, MSc (IT), Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas and Post graduate Diplomas are offered.
Ecology: the basic course here to offer in the MSc in Environmental Science, Disaster Management, Sustainable Development, Habitat and Population studies, Global Warming Reduction, Pollution Control, Green Business and Green Technology.
There are numerous other courses offered in the fields of Law and Juridical Science, Health and Medical Science, Education Social Sciences, Applied Sciences, Journalism & Mass Communication, Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Management, Self Employment, Basic (Hons) Degrees in almost all the basic fields.
As far as the admission procedure for the university goes, it is fairly simple:
The candidate willing to pursue for any course in the university is required to fill in the admission form and along with its submission attach his/ her required copies of credentials and also a draft for the first fee installment of the course in the name of the university payable at Dimapur only. All this is to be submitted either by post or by hand to the university. The university in turn gives back a confirmation for admission and the Identity Card if selected.
- BCA Colleges in Nagaland
- Global Open University 2011 Distance Learning
- Engineering Colleges in Nagaland
- Government Colleges in Kohima, Nagaland
- Government Colleges in Mon District, Nagaland
- List of Courses in The Global Open University, Nagaland
- Nagaland University, Nagaland
- Government Colleges in Tuensang, Nagaland
- City Law College, Dimapur (Nagaland)
- Government Colleges in Wokha District, Nagaland
- Junior Stenographer, Hindi Typist, Nagaland University
- St. Joseph’s College, Jakhama
- Government Colleges in Longleng District, Nagaland
- Government Colleges in Peren District, Nagaland
- Generation of global message through photography course