Career avenues after B.Tech Leather Technology
B.Tech in leather technology is a bachelor degree course which is a branch of engineering and deals with synthesis, production and refining of leather. It is comparatively a new branch which is gaining much importance in industrial sector. Candidates who have completed this course have numerous job openings in public sector organizations, private leather factories as well as abroad. Let us see the job opportunities available for graduates who have competed B.Tech leather technology.
Job profile in Leather industry
Candidates opting for this profession need Good technical and analytical skill. Candidates who have completed courses in leather technology can work in following job profiles.
- Technical designers
- Stylist designers
- Quality control checker
- Leather Technologist
- Production Managers
Job opportunities in government sector organizations
Leather industry is one of the very few industries that have a large employment generation potential. B.Tech graduates can work as technical designers or leather technologist in leading public sector undertaking companies. Some of the major institutions where these people can work are.
- Indian Leather Industry Foundation (ILIFO)
- Council for Leather Exports (CLE)
- Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI)
- Indian Shoe Federation (ISF)
- Indian Finished Leather Manufacturers and Exporters Association (IFLMEA)
- All India Skin Hide Tanners Merchants Association (AISHTMA)
- Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI)
Entry level candidates can earn an average salary between Rs12, 000/- and Rs15, 000/- per month. Experienced professionals can earn Rs 25,000 and more per month.
Career opportunities in private sector firms
Ample job opportunities are available for candidates who have competed B.Tech in leather technology. Private sector companies provide more job openings than government organizations. Candidates can seek employment as production executives, designers or quality controllers in leading leather factories across the country. With globalization, almost all the global brands have set up their base in India. This facilitates immense job opportunities in leather industry. Some of the major recruiters in this field are listed below.
- Chemcrown Exports Limited
- Bhartiya International Limited
- A V Thomas Leather and Allied Products Limited
- Rabia leather industries private limited
- K H leather Industries limited
- Acknit Industries Limited
Apart from this, candidates can seek employment in various leather companies abroad. Since this is a skilled job, engineers in leather technology have huge demand in foreign countries as well. Experienced professionals can work in technical as well as management field with attractive remuneration.
- Scope after B.Tech in Leather Technology
- B.Tech in Leather Technology, Leather Technology B.Tech
- Role of Leather Technology course in modernization
- Aspect of leather technology course in handloom and bags industry
- Government Colleges for B. Tech Leather Technology
- Leather technology course as a pivot lead in the footwear industry
- Fashion Designing or Textile Designing - which field is better?
- Handloom and bags sector as an indispensable dependent of the leather technology
- Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology, Kolkata
- Career Avenues after B.Tech in Avionics
- Top Leather Companies in India
- Courses in Fashion Designing and Career opportunities
- List of Career Avenues coaching centers in India
- Government Jobs in Footwear Technology
- B.Tech in ECE vs B.Tech in EEE- Which course is better?