12th August 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Jobs in IFS being a candidate from B.Tech in Leather Technology?

I am a leather technology b.tech. student. Am i eligible for indian forest service?

24th October 2012, 10:33 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Jobs in IFS being a candidate from B.Tech in Leather Technology?

hi,
IFS exam stands for indian forest service exam which is conducted by upsc.

IFS exam eligibility:-
>you must be a bechelor degree in the following branch:-
Physics
Chem
Math
Stat
Botany
Geology
Zeelogy
Animal husbendry and veternairy science
Or a degree in agricultural for forest
Age limit:-
Age limit is 21 to 30 years
Age relaxation is given per goverment rules.
Exam pattern:-
Paper 1
General english-300 marks
Paper 2
General knowledge -300 marks
Paper 3,4,5 and 6 consists 2 optional subject from the listed of subject
Each subject contain 200 marks.
Total-1400 marks
After clearing these exam,
You have to called for interview.
For more,
www.upsc.gov.in
25th October 2012, 09:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Jobs in IFS being a candidate from B.Tech in Leather Technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a leather technology b.tech. student. Am i eligible for indian forest service?

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service Exam.This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candidate have graduation degree from Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent are applicable for IFS exam.

You have completed your B-tech degree so you are applicable for IFS Exam.

Final year student are eligible for IFS exam,

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Best Books for IFS Exam:-

IFS Indian Forest Service Agriculture (Paper I & Paper II)
by R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

IFS Indian Forest Service: Chemistry (Paper I & II)
by R. Gupta's

IFS Indian Forest Service Examination Botany (Paper I & II)
by RPH Editorial Board

IFS Indian Forest Service: Physics Guide (Paper I & Paper II)
by R. Gupta's

For more details about IFS Exam , you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

25th October 2012, 09:50 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Indian Forest Service (IFS) exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on the yearly basis. The job of IFS offcer is to protect wildlife and forest resources in the country.

In India, forest resources and wild animals face severe threats. Illegal chopping of trees is openly done inside the national parks. Animals are also poached in India for their skins and horns which have great value.

To protect the wildlife, in 1966 Indian Forest Service was created by the government of India. The job of IFS was to protect, conservate the forest resources. Since then despite all the shortcomings in equipments and other facilities, IFS has played a major role in wildlife conservation.

Please check the eligibility criteria below for more details:

Eligibility

1. Only candidates of Indian origin can apply.

2. Age limit is 21 to 30 years with relaxation.

3. Three years relaxation for OBC and

4. Five years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Qualification

1. Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry is required to appear for IFS. Additionally candidate with a Bachelor degree in following subjects may also apply:

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science

Botany

Chemistry

Geology

Mathematics

Physics

Statistics

Zoology

Those who have completed B.Tech degree are also eligible.

Scheme of Examination

1) Written Exam

2) Interview
25th October 2012, 01:12 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

IFS Stand For Indian Forest Service Exam Conducted By The UPSC Only 1 Times In A Year.

Education :

A candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

Age Limit :

Gen : 21 to 30 Years
SC/ST/OBC : Relaxation As Government Rules.

Book For IFS : UPSC-IFS Indian Forest Service Examinations Guide By R. Gupta's

All The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25th October 2012, 09:37 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply for Jobs in IFS being a candidate from B.Tech in Leather Technology?

Quote:

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service

This exam is conducted by UPSC every year for the candidate who are aspiring to join Forest service......

Eligibility And Criteria:

>> A Candidate should have completed thieir Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology and Zoology are eligible for IFS....

>> Age should be between 21 to 30 years. There is a relaxation available for Reserved Category..........

Exam contain Three stages:
  1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Physical Test

Exam Pattern:

• Paper I - General English 300 Marks
  • Paper II - General Knowledge 300 Marks
  • Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers. 200
Marks for each paper
  • Total marks for written examination 1400 Marks

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
26th October 2012, 01:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-IFS is a Indian forest services exam . This exam is conducted to recruit IFS officer to protect the wildlife in the country.

-To apply for IFS exam you must have a Bachelor degree in Zoology or Animal husbandry or chemistry or botany or physics or mathematics or veterinary science or geology or engineering from a recognised university.

-You have done B.Tech . hence you are eligible for IFS exam.

-The age limit for IFS exam is 21 to 30 years for general category candidate. There is age relaxation available for SC/ST , OBC , Physically handicapped and Ex- servicemen.

-The selection is based on written exam and personal interview.

-You can apply for this exam through UPSC website online when the notifications are out.

BEST OF LUCK....
26th October 2012, 02:03 PM
milkykumari

Quote:
I am a leather technology b.tech. student. Am i eligible for Indian forest service?
Hi!

IFS exam is conducted by U.P.S.C in a year.

ELIGIBILITY FOR EXAM:-

>The appearing should have graduation degree with recognize in following subject:- Botany, chemistry, Animal husbandry, Geology, Zoology, Maths and Physics.

> Age limit:-
Gen. candidates - 21-30 age
OBC candidates - 21-30 age
SC/ST candidates - 21-33 age

BEST OF LUCK!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?