Dairy Technologist - How to become a Dairy Technologist?
In the agro-based economy, like India, Dairy Technologist has turn out to be a sort after conventional profession. In a country like India more than 60% of the population is directly or indirectly involved in agro related production. A Dairy Technologist is directly involved in the technical and quality control aspect of the industry. The Dairy Industry is a broad field and a Dairy Technologist will have to work as to develop and implement different highly developed method in processing, preservation and consumption of milk and its by-products.
A Dairy Technologist must be extremely committed towards their work as they are directly linked to the health condition of the consumers. As to perform their jobs adequately each of the candidates must be trained in a scientific manner. There are few special courses which will help to develop the skills and know-how regarding the job and produce the desired result in a predetermined time span.
At present there are numerous institutions offering Diploma, UG and PG courses in Dairy technology. In some university Dairy science is presented as vocational subjects at B.Sc level. Diploma courses, B.Tech and B.Sc, M.Tech in Dairy Technology and M.Sc Dairy Science.
In most of the colleges candidates are selected in to graduate courses and Masters Program on the basis of All India Entrance exam. This is carried out by the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). After finishing education, candidates can apply for jobs in related fields like daily farms and quality control organization.
Who is eligible to apply?
Educational Qualification required for joining a Diploma course is a 10+2 pass with PCB as main subjects. Candidates must also appear in the relevant entrance exam. Even though there are some institutions provide admission on a first come first basis. With a diploma certificate a candidate is eligible to apply for lower level technical position.
How to prepare for exam and interview?
A candidate who would like to have a career in Dairy Technology must have a strong knowledge in the basic subject. They also must be hardworking and dedicated. The candidate must be willing to work in remote areas away from the city lives.
- Difference between Dairy Technology and Dairy Management
- Future scope of B.Tech Dairy Technology course
- Aspects of dairy technology course in the health sector
- Dairy Technology and its Scope
- Difference between a Technician and a Technologist
- M.Tech in Dairy Technology, Dairy Technology M.Tech
- List of Dairy Technology Entrance Exams
- B.Tech in Dairy Technology, Dairy technology B.Tech
- Jobs after B.Tech in Dairy Technology
- Jobs in Dairy Sector
- Post diploma in Dairy Engineering
- Diploma in Dairy Engineering, Dairy Engineering diploma
- Surgical Technologist - How to become Surgical Technologist?
- List of Postgraduate Courses in Dairy Technology
- Higher studies after B.E in Dairy Technology