Details on MBA course offered by UPES
College of Management & Economics Studies has called for applications for MBA courses for the year 2014-2016. The scores in the National Level entrance tests like CAT and MAT are accepted. 50% of the seats are reserved for candidates appearing for the UPES-MET which is scheduled for 22nd February 2014. Only candidates from science background i.e. B.Sc and engineering background can apply.
UPES offer various specialisations in MBA
- Aviation Management
- Business Analytics
- Energy Trading
- Infrastructure Management
- International Business
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Oil & Gas Management
- Port & Shipping Management
- Power Management
Only candidates who have pursued engineering or B.Sc in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics are eligible to apply for the course. The candidate should have secured at least 50% marks in 10th and 12th standard.
50% of the seats are reserved for National Level Tests i.e. CAT, MAT. Rest of the seats are filled based on the UPES-MET score. In case 50% of the seats are not filled through the National Level Test then UPES shall fill the same through the UPES-MET. The entrance exam is scheduled for 22nd February 2014.
Syllabus of UPES-MET
There will be a total of 160 questions. There will be questions from Analytical & Logical Reasoning, General Awareness: Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Business Scenario, Quantitative: Data Sufficiency & Data Interpretation and General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability. There will be 40 questions from each of these sections.
Application Procedure for UPES-MET
The application forms are available in UPES site. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- A link has been provided for Indian residents and foreigner on the UPES site. Click on the appropriate site.
- Purchase the prospectus and fill the sign up form and click the submit button.
- Check the personal mail box for the mail to verify your email ID.
- Activate the account based on the link provided in the mail.
- Fill in the application form. Make sure the mode of payment i.e. credit card/ debit card details are available.
Make a note of the application number for future reference. Candidates can check the payment status after 48 hours.
Application forms are also available offline. For this the candidate can send a DD in favour of UPES Fee Account. It should be payable in Dehradun or New Delhi. Applications are also available in admission counters at Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Delhi, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Cochin and Dehradun. The cost of the application form online or demand draft is Rs. 1850/- and on cash payment is Rs. 1750/-. The last date of applying for the course is 7th February 2014 and the admit card shall be available online from 15th February 2014.
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies 2011 MBA
- Admission Procedure for MBA courses in UPES
- Eligibility Criteria and Application Procedure for UPES B.Tech/ B.Des course
- Courses Offered in UPES
- Fee Structure Of Computer Science Engineering
- List of Courses in University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
- MBA in Power Management-Course, Colleges and Admission Process
- University of Petroleum and Energy studies Law Entrance Test 2012
- UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT), 2012
- IIIT 2010 Advanced PG
- List of Law Schools in India
- Engineering Colleges in Uttranchal
- LLB Colleges
- BBA Colleges in Uttarakhand
- List of M.Tech Entrance Exams