Eligibility Criteria and Application Procedure for UPES B.Tech/ B.Des course
Candidates wishing to apply for admission in UPES can either apply for the UPESEAT or apply based on marks secured in 10th and 12th standard. IIT-JEE mains score card is also accepted. Admission will be based on merit i.e. based on the score in the entrance exam and academic record. The application forms for UPESEAT 2014 are available till 9th May 2014. The admit cards will be available online from 17th May 2014. The exam is scheduled for 24th May 2014.
Candidates can secure admission in UPES University by
80% of the seats are reserved for candidates taking the UPESEAT. Candidates on completing 12th standard or equivalent can appear for this exam by fulfilling the following criteria
- The candidate should have secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in 12th or equivalent is a must.
Non Exam Pathway
The remaining 20% of the seats are reserved for candidates no applying for the UPESEAT. There are two options available. The first option is through board merit. The conditions for the same are as follows:
- The candidate should have secured a minimum of 80% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in senior secondary or 12th standard.
- The candidate should have secured a minimum of 80% marks in both 10th and 12th standard.
The other option is to submit the IIT-JEE mains score. Such candidates should have secured
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Minimum 60% marks in 10th and 12th standard
Candidates applying for the B.Tech + LLB course can submit the CLAT/LSAT score instead of the IIT-JEE mains scorecard.
Admission will be through merit basis only. Candidates will be called on merit basis for the centralized counselling session.
Application forms are available online in the UPES site. To apply online the candidates should keep in hand the required documents including scanned photograph, 10th and 12th mark sheets etc. Candidates who are still in 12th standard can mention the same in the form. The instructions to be followed are as follows:
- Keep the credit/debit card in hand at the time of applying.
- Make sure you fill each and every column in the form. Recheck before clicking on the next tab.
- Upload the photograph
- Do not click the ‘Back’ button under any of the circumstances. If by chance the system hangs it’s better to redo the same. In case the payment was made then the candidate can verify the same by sending a mail to UPES.
- On successfully completing the form take a printout of the filled form.
- Make a note of the online application number. It can be used for future reference.
The admit card for the UPESEAT will be available online on 17th May 2014. After downloading the form the candidate must affix a photograph. The photograph must be attested by gazetted officer or authorised person.
- Details on MBA course offered by UPES
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies 2011 MBA
- Admission Procedure for MBA courses in UPES
- Fee Structure Of Computer Science Engineering
- Difference between B.Des (Fashion Design) and B.Tech in Textile Technology
- Courses Offered in UPES
- Question Answers Set#6
- University of Petroleum and Energy studies Law Entrance Test 2012
- List of Courses in University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
- MBA in Power Management-Course, Colleges and Admission Process
- Syndicate Bank Probationary Officers Exam 2009
- Senior Project Engineer, Project Engineer, CDAC
- Eligibility Criteria of B.Tech
- Details on B.Tech Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala, 2013
- Difference between B.Tech and B.Tech Hons