Eligibility requirements to join MPH course
MBBS, BDS or M.Sc (Nursing) are the minimum educational qualification specified to get admission into MPH course. Certain institutions like Amity University, Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology give admission to Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT), Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.VSc) or Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) degree holders as well. Besides the basic eligibility requirements, certain institutions conduct entrance test for selecting deserving candidates to MPH course.
Institutes offering MPH course
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Asian Institute of Public Health, Bhubaneshwar
- Institute of Health and Management Studies (I.H.M.S.), New Delhi
- National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD), New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Pushpagiri College of Allied Health Sciences, Alappuzha
- SRM University, Kancheepuram
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
- Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences (BITS), Pilani
- Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Nagpur
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
- Amity University, Haryana
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
- Berhampur University, Orissa
For getting admission into MPH course, one needs to obtain MBBS degree from any institute approved by Medical Council of India (MCI). If this is not the case, then the candidates should possess either BDS or M.Sc (Nursing) degree from any recognized institute.
MBBS, BDS or M.Sc (Nursing) degree is not necessary to join MPH course offered by Birla Institute of Technology (BITS). If the candidates possess integrated first degree of BITS, then it is enough to get admission to MPH course in BITS.
In the case of Amity University, those who possess Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) degree from any recognized University other than MBBS, BDS or M.Sc (Nursing) degree can join MPH course. Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT) degree holders and Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.VSc) degree holders are also eligible for MPH course of Amity University.
If the candidates possess any postgraduate degree in social sciences, nutrition or allied subjects can pursue MPH course in Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST). Otherwise, candidates are required to obtain MBBS, BDS, B.Sc (Nursing) or B.VSc. degree for pursuing MPH course at SCTIMST.
Those who want to join MPH course should first of all submit their application forms through offline or online mode as instructed by the relevant institution. In the case of certain Universities like Amity University, admission will be based on the marks obtained in the relevant qualifying examination. Institutions like BITS will short list candidates from the applications according to their marks in qualifying examination and call them for written test and personal interview. Admission will be given on the basis of score obtained in this test and interview.
Certain institutions like SCTIMST will conduct an entrance exam for all the applicants. It is possible to get admission into MPH course, only if the candidates possess the score above cut off in this MPH Entrance Test.
- How to study MPH abroad?
- Details on MAH MPH CET
- How to prepare for MPH Entrance Exams?
- Possible Higher Study Options after M.B.B.S
- National Institute of Communicable Diseases MPH Entrance Exam 2012
- Eligibility Requirements for IFBI Courses and its admission procedure
- Job Options in FICCI and Requirements
- How to join Indian Air Force?
- Eligibility Requirements to join UG courses at SGGSCC
- Typist – How to become a typist?
- Eligibility Requirements for DAVP Recruitment 2013
- Master of Public Health: Course Details
- M.Sc in Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Physics M.Sc
- Admission procedure for UG courses in BITS, Mesra
- We Are Giving Scholarships to Students and Professionals