Essential Details on KSET
The Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) is conducted by Mysore University on behalf of Karnataka State Government. Master’s degree from a UGC recognized institute/ University with a minimum of 55% marks is the basic qualification required. Subject related topics as well as questions on comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness are asked for KSET. Qualified candidates in KSET are eligible for lectureship in the state of Karnataka.
Eligibility Criteria for KSET
Master’s degree from a UGC recognized institute/ University is the minimum qualification required for KSET. This qualification must be obtained with at least 55% marks. SC/ST/VH/PH candidates need to hold minimum of 50% marks at master’s level. Final year students or result awaiting candidates with the required eligibility can also apply. Ph.D holders are given with 5% relaxation in the cut off marks.
Exam Pattern for KSET
There will be three papers for KSET. Paper I comprises of 60 questions, out of which 50 questions need to be attended compulsorily. Duration given for the completion of this paper is 1 hour 15 minutes. Questions are based on teaching/research aptitude of the candidate and the section includes questions from the following topics.
- Divergent thinking
- General awareness
- Reasoning ability
Each of the questions carries 2 marks to make a total of 100 marks (for Paper I).
Paper II comprises 50 questions of compulsory nature. Questions are based on the subject selected for studies. Each of the questions carries 2 marks to make a total of 100 marks (for this paper). Candidates are requested to complete this paper within 1 ¼ hours.
In paper III, there will be 75 questions of compulsory nature. Each of these questions carries 2 marks. Those who clear paper I and paper II are only allowed attend paper III. In depth questions from subject related topics are asked. General category candidates must score at least 40% marks in Paper I/Paper II and 50% marks in Paper III to qualify. Other category candidates must score at least 35% marks in Paper I/Paper II and 40-45% marks in Paper III to get through.
Application Procedure for KSET
Applications for KSET can be submitted online through the website of the Mysore University. Application fee of Rs.1000/- should be remitted via any of the branches of the State Bank of Mysore. Fee payment can be done with the help of a bank challan form downloaded from KSET website. Print out of the online application form must be sent to the concerned KSET nodal center. Copies of SSLC certificate, PG Degree Certificate, Caste Certificate, etc must be submitted along with.
- Manager, Officer, Scooters India Limited
- Job Interviews — Types and Preparation Tips
- Engineering Colleges in Delhi
- Dy. Manager, Assistant Manager, Rajasthan Drugs & Pharmaceticals Limited
- IT Advisor in Allahabad Bank – Eligibility Criteria and Application Procedure
- Government Jobs in Teaching Sector
- Admission Process for PGDM in IMDR
- Details on Vignan University Guntur Management Aptitude Test V-MAT
- Eligibility and Application Procedure for Civil Services Exam 2013
- Top 7 tips on Effective Time Management for Class 12 students
- Eligibility and Application Procedure for SSC Sub Inspector/Asst Sub Inspector Recruitment 2013
- MBA Admission in Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA)
- Admission Process for M.Sc (Botany) in Delhi University
- Application Form of NIMCET Entrance Exam
- Industrial Hygienist – How to become an Industrial Hygienist?