28th January 2014, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Admission in IIITs for Diploma engineers?

I am doing diploma in IT after 10 2 in IT , and i want admission in Indian institute of information technology .
and i am in diploma final year .
please tell me about it.

10th April 2015, 06:21 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in IIITs for Diploma engineers?

Not all IIITs provide admission to candidates via Lateral entry in 2nd year, but you can most probably try in IITs which in almost all the Institutions has a provision for Lateral entry scheme for Diploma holders.

You can however try for admission in IIIT-Allahabad, which provides admission to candidate on the basis of some entrance examination conducted.

You can get admission in IIT college after completing diploma through lateral entry.

But for that you need to have at least 60% in your diploma.

You also need to write following exams for admission:

> IIT-JEE

> GATE

> JELET

You need to score really high marks and you will thus have to study as hard as you can to get admission in IIIT/IIT Colleges as the competition every yaer is quite high and seats a re few.

Therefore in order to get admission in the above mentioned reputed Universities, you better work hard.
10th April 2015, 06:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in IIITs for Diploma engineers?

Not all IIITs provide admission to candidates via Lateral entry in 2nd year, but you can most probably try in IITs which in almost all the Institutions has a provision for Lateral entry scheme for Diploma holders.

You can however try for admission in IIIT-Allahabad, which provides admission to candidate on the basis of some entrance examination conducted.

You can get admission in IIT college after completing diploma through lateral entry.

But for that you need to have at least 60% in your diploma.

You also need to write following exams for admission:

> IIT-JEE

> GATE

> JELET

You need to score really high marks and you will thus have to study as hard as you can to get admission in IIIT/IIT Colleges as the competition every yaer is quite high and seats a re few.

Therefore in order to get admission in the above mentioned reputed Universities, you better work hard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?